We are currently booked on two Ponant cruises. In August 2019 we are doing the circumnavigation of Iceland – which we have booked through Backroads for their hiking-intensive excursions. Then in March 2020 we are going The Best of New Zealand, booked directly with Ponant.

Will our 2019 Backroads trip count as our first Ponant cruise for loyalty status?

Also, if we find some of the Backroads excursions too intense, would we be able to take the Ponant excursion that day?

Thank you for booking two Ponant Cruises. We love partnering with Backroads, so you have certainly made a great choice in the way you will experience Ponant. Either through Backroads (your first booking) or through Ponant (your second booking), I’m confident that you will return home with great memories of a lifetime.

I sailed around Iceland last July on our newest ship, Le Laperouse,and the destination as well as the ship were both outstanding. I have alsosailed around New Zealand and that trip and country were both one of my all-timefavorite trips!

Due to our partnership with Backroads, you are really their clientfirst, so that booking will not count towards our Ponant Loyalty Program.

As well, when you sail on Ponant through Backroads, Backroads ensures that all of your individual guest excursion needs are satisfied directly through their own shore excursion program. Therefore, there should be no need to be on a Ponant excursion. You will be in good hands with the Backroads’ Onboard Team,who will accommodate your excursion needs while you are on board. <o:p

<o:p

You will be credited for our Loyalty Program on your direct Ponant booking only. <o:p

<o:p

Thanks for your questions and enjoy both sailings!</o</o</o</o

Thanks! We're really looking forward to both sailings. We have done enough cruises that we are looking for in-depth itineraries, and these two are just what we were looking for. Ponant's Treasures of Sicily is on our list for Oct. 2021 if it's still offered.