Bodden vs Johnson: Sloths and ziplining

Lucinarei

This board has been so helpful when looking at our excursion options for Roatan. I think I have it narrowed down to sloth-holding :) and ziplining, which both seem to be offered by Victor Bodden and Daniel Johnson. My question is that Bodden's site says that sloths will be asleep after 11am, so they can't be held after that time. Our ship docks at 10am, so I doubt we'll get to the Bodden sloths in time. Does anyone know if this is the case?

If so, it looks like the Johnson Hangout would be a good option for us, but I can't seem to find any booking options on their Facebook page. Do they have set tours or is everything booked on a one-by-one basis? I'd also love to have an idea about options and costs before I shoot them a Facebook message.

Thanks in advance!

I booked with Johnson's directly through FB messenger. They replied to my questions pretty quickly and were very helpful. They offered 4 different tours ranging in price from $30-$55 per person. The shortest was 1.5 - 2 hours and the longest tour is 5 hours. They also offer the extremely extreme zip tour through Pirates of the Caribbean Zip for $45 per person and says it takes an hour and can be added to any of their tours. Hope this helps!

You can also book Rony’s tours - they have a private tour option where you can go to Daniel Johnson’s as well as zip lining, beach day, basically whatever you’d like to do with your day! Ronys is number 2 on Trip Advisor behind Bodden tours - another option to consider :D

I went to Daniel Johnson's earlier this month when I stayed at LFK. It's right across the water and practically within walking distance from where you catch the pontoon boat over. It was $10 each for about a 30-45 tour with the animals. There weren't any cruise ships in port so it wasn't very busy which was nice. Pretty sure it was after 11AM and the sloths were awake. Even got to hold one.

Can't help on the Zip Lining, but "Pirates of the Caribbean" is the one that a lot of people go to and seemed to enjoy it.

I agree with laurasue - Rony is our favorite. We have been touring with him for many years - at least once a year. He is fabulous. He can customize your tour to suit you. We've held the sloths after 11a. I'd suggest Little French Key for the day. Have Rony stop on the way and if the sloths are sleeping he can stop later in the day and check again.