Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Southwest is now booking through April 7-

We are currently accepting air reservations through April 7, 2019. On September 27, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through June 8, 2019.

Looks like a SW update for next release: We are currently accepting air reservations through April 7, 2019. On November 15, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through June 7, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

This seems crazy late, is it? Less than 5 months out by that time.

Looks like a SW update for next release: We are currently accepting air reservations through April 7, 2019. On November 15, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through June 7, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

This seems crazy late, is it? Less than 5 months out by that time.

Nope. Completely fits with the Southwest business model.

Which often doesn't match the traveler's preferences, but that's the "price" you pay for wanting to "wait for Southwest" to release their flights.

I just checked SW's website, and it says "On September 27, 2018, we will open our schedule for sale through June 08, 2019. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)".

Where did the November 15, 2018 date come from?

Roz

I just checked SW's website, and it says "On September 27, 2018, we will open our schedule for sale through June 08, 2019. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)".

Where did the November 15, 2018 date come from?

Roz

Their website, in the usual spot. Must've been a glitch. Glad it's back to September 27th!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the SW website - "We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 23, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Roz

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 9:25 AM, BobNoxious said:

their direct flights (Northeast to FLL) were the cheapest I've seen!!

Did you mean "nonstop" when you said "direct"?  Remember, they are not the same thing (and you might get badly burned by not recognizing that).

14 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Did you mean "nonstop" when you said "direct"?  Remember, they are not the same thing (and you might get badly burned by not recognizing that).

correct.   NonStop is what I meant to say.   Nonstop > direct (sometimes a stop, but no change planes) > connection

Southwest has changed its date for scheduling through the end of the year:

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 29, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, hiccups said:

Southwest has changed its date for scheduling through the end of the year:

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 29, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Just saw this last night for Southwest.  On June 20, 2019 we will open our schedule through January 5, 2020. 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:29 AM, LittleYiaYia said:

Just saw this last night for Southwest.  On June 20, 2019 we will open our schedule through January 5, 2020. 

Another change:  On May 30, 2019 we will open our schedule through January 5, 2019.  Seems to change on a week to week basis.  Check the website frequently.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cruisingwithoutthekids said:

Southwest opened flights thru January 5, 2020 this morning.   Good luck everyone!

Thank you! I was able to get my flights booked for Nov-Dec and not a moment too soon (Wanna Get Away - Yay!). Was able to give the heads up to my co-worker as well so she thanks CC as well. Safe and happy travels everyone.

• 2 weeks later...