Premium Beverage Purchased Onboard

Tedferg

Princess website previously showed an extra charge if AIBP was purchased onboard versus pre-ordering. Current Premium package shows one price - Princess rep said she believes there is no extra charge if purchased onboard. She did say there was an extra charge for Australian passengers.

Anyone heard differently ?

Princess website previously showed an extra charge if AIBP was purchased onboard versus pre-ordering. Current Premium package shows one price - Princess rep said she believes there is no extra charge if purchased onboard. She did say there was an extra charge for Australian passengers.

The latest higher priced one includes the gratuity I believe.

There is no price difference between pre cruise and onboard.

From the Princess web site. No difference noted on board vs pre-purchase.

"Our Premier Beverage Package is a great value! Enjoy a wide array of cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, specialty coffee, smoothies, fountain sodas and more for just $59.99 USD^ per day ($68.99 per day with a 15% service charge included). There are also non-alcoholic and coffee packages available."

Don't forget the other beverage package. The Pay As You Go (PAGO) package is far cheaper for most people than the AIBP.

Don't forget the other beverage package. The Pay As You Go (PAGO) package is far cheaper for most people than the AIBP.

That's the one we usually use. We booked all of our upcoming cruises under the Sip and Sail last year and this year but, other than getting it as a perk, we have never had the beverage package. The PAYGO works best for us most of the time. (I prefer having the Y in there. :))

That's the one we usually use. We booked all of our upcoming cruises under the Sip and Sail last year and this year but, other than getting it as a perk, we have never had the beverage package. The PAYGO works best for us most of the time. (I prefer having the Y in there. :))

Wife and I will spend less than half the price of the beverage package for the two of us. I understand that some like the idea that they know they will not have a large bar bill at the end of the cruise. That's like buying an extended warranty. You know the costs of repairs will rarely come near to the cost of the warranty but some buy them anyway.

Thought about PAYGO but PAGO and AIBP have the same number of letters.

It will be interesting to see if you change your tune after a couple of cruises with the package. We changed our tune. Now my only complaint about the package is the weight gain.

The latest higher priced one includes the gratuity I believe.

There is no price difference between pre cruise and onboard.

Keith - yes Premium package is quoted as '$59.99 plus 15%' or $68.99.

The point I wanted to clarify was that previous package was $57.99 versus $59.80 if purchased On Board' Which would have made Premium package $71.70 or so if bought On Board. We prefer to purchase On Board to use up OBC. So hopefully it is not more expensive if we wait to Purchase On Board.

It will be interesting to see if you change your tune after a couple of cruises with the package. We changed our tune. Now my only complaint about the package is the weight gain.

You most likely have a larger pool of disposable income than we have. We have never purchased the beverage package in the past and were fine. We won't purchase it in the future. It's just to dang much money for drinks. On our cruise that leaves in two weeks it would be $3,863.44 for the two of us. No way. On our cruise in 2019 it would be $6,761.02. Not a chance in the world we will spend that for a beverage package. Nope, nope, nope. We have it included from the Sip and Sail but would never spend that kind of cash on a beverage package no matter how convenient it makes things.

Keith - yes Premium package is quoted as '$59.99 plus 15%' or $68.99.

The point I wanted to clarify was that previous package was $57.99 versus $59.80 if purchased On Board' Which would have made Premium package $71.70 or so if bought On Board. We prefer to purchase On Board to use up OBC. So hopefully it is not more expensive if we wait to Purchase On Board.

Actually the previous package was price at $57.45 and that included the gratuity.

Wasn’t the old price technically, $49.99 plus 15% gratuity?

That would be $57.49. Not far off of the $57.45 I posted. I actually have a screen shot of my AIBP benefit for a 28 day cruise leaving in just under 2 weeks. It shows a "value" of $1,577.80. That breaks down to an actual cost of $56.35 per day. This is the same price shown for our 14 day Circle Caribbean next March. It is also the actual cost for our B2B (19 days and 30 days) in February of 2019.

So apparently I was indeed incorrect when I said $57.45 since all of those cruises I mentioned break down to $56.35 per day. Below is a screen shot of the benefit for the 28 day cruise that leaves October 8. I would be happy to post screen shots of all of them if desired.

enhance

That would be $57.49. Not far off of the $57.45 I posted. I actually have a screen shot of my AIBP benefit for a 28 day cruise leaving in just under 2 weeks. It shows a "value" of $1,577.80. That breaks down to an actual cost of $56.35 per day. This is the same price shown for our 14 day Circle Caribbean next March. It is also the actual cost for our B2B (19 days and 30 days) in February of 2019.

So apparently I was indeed incorrect when I said $57.45 since all of those cruises I mentioned break down to $56.35 per day. Below is a screen shot of the benefit for the 28 day cruise that leaves October 8. I would be happy to post screen shots of all of them if desired.

enhance

I was just clarifying that the drink,package is listed at a price per day and an additional 15% gratuity.

Same on mine. See you soon.

We love beverage packages when you get them discounted as part of a promotion. But paying $140 a day (per couple) is to rich for our blood :). DW and I have spent more then 1000 days on cruise ships, lover our adult beverages, wine, etc. But over a long period of time we have found that our daily drink bill averages about $75 a day (per couple) and at times might get to the $100 range. But there is no way we could use $140 a day of credits....even if we tried. And this is even more true on Port Days. By the way, some may have noticed a reluctance of cruise lines to discount beverage packages on repositioning cruises...where there are many sea days. That is because their own statistics show them that folks drink a lot more on sea days and even more on multiple sea days (when folks don't have to get up early in the morning).

Hank

Wife and I will spend less than half the price of the beverage package for the two of us. I understand that some like the idea that they know they will not have a large bar bill at the end of the cruise. That's like buying an extended warranty. You know the costs of repairs will rarely come near to the cost of the warranty but some buy them anyway.

Thought about PAYGO but PAGO and AIBP have the same number of letters.

Why not PAYG? Correct letters and also length of 4?