"LIVE" from the*NEW*Century 01/27/07

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I will be heading to Florida today, for a Voyage on the NEW Revitalized Century.

As some of you may have heard, I was on Century last year, just before the major revitalization (March '06) Celebrity has call this " The Most Extensive Refurbishment to Date "

I can't wait to see how things have changed. I will be providing daily comments, and daily photos . I hope to be able to show extensive "Before" and "After" pics of the new Areas. I am hoping to have a reliable connection while on board.(Wi-Fi will be available in all cabins)

There have been many positive reviews about the new Century, and I hope to be able to share the same excitement. I have posted several "LIVE" trip reports in the past, and as some of you may know.... Every day can bring a new experience while cruising.

So relax, sit tight and remember to "Tune In" during my cruise on the beautiful new Celebrity Century.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I will be boarding the AutoTrain later today and should arrive in Florida tomorrow morning.

image.jpg

Hi Everyone !

I am on this sailing as well. I have seen Radio do this type of feature before, and Radio does a great job of it. As long as we have good internet access, it should be a lot of fun.

I will try to post as well, but if not, you will be in great hands with Radio, whom I look forward to meeting !

Radio, have a safe trip down to South Florida. Bring a jacket, it is chilly today. The good news is, the weather is supposed to be excellent this weekend.

Host Andy,

If you see Dru (cruise director) or Melanie (future cruise mgr.) working on board....would you please get word to Melanie that I am sailing on Feb 5th. I sent her an email weeks ago but haven't heard back from her!!!

Hope you have a fantastic voyage and great weather!!!

Many Thanks,

Host Andy,

If you see Dru (cruise director) or Melanie (future cruise mgr.) working on board....would you please get word to Melanie that I am sailing on Feb 5th. I sent her an email weeks ago but haven't heard back from her!!!

Hope you have a fantastic voyage and great weather!!!

Many Thanks,

Hi Everyone !

I am on this sailing as well. I have seen Radio do this type of feature before, and Radio does a great job of it. As long as we have good internet access, it should be a lot of fun.

I will try to post as well, but if not, you will be in great hands with Radio, whom I look forward to meeting !

Radio, have a safe trip down to South Florida. Bring a jacket, it is chilly today. The good news is, the weather is supposed to be excellent this weekend.

Hello Andy. . .your check is in the mail :rolleyes:

I will certainly be a pleasure to finally meet you.

I am still on the AutoTrain. . .We are in Florida, just north of Jacksonville. We will be running about 2 hrs late, which will put us in Sanford, FL at around 10:30 AM. I should be in Miami by 3PM. The Temp in Jacksonville currently is 37f ...brrr...

Radio

;) ;)

We would like to know what is on the dinner menus for this cruise. I believe you can request a menu be brought to your cabin. If you could post these it would really help me and the other people who are trying to coordinate when to book the Murano restaurant.

Have a great cruise!!!

Andy, got a chuckle from this! Radio lives very close to me and the high in Baltimore today will be 25 degrees!!! Florida will seem like a sauna. ;)

Radio, have another wonderful cruise! So looking forward to your daily posts...they're always wonderful.

Karen

Andy and Radio.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy a waffle for me. :cool:

Hi Ed !

At approximately 8 am on Sunday, I will be enjoying my first Waffle on our Century sailing. You will be in my thoughts :)

We would like to know what is on the dinner menus for this cruise. I believe you can request a menu be brought to your cabin. If you could post these it would really help me and the other people who are trying to coordinate when to book the Murano restaurant.

Have a great cruise!!!

I will get the Menus and post them....

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone ! I finally made it to South Florida ....A Little late though. The Auto Train was almost 3 hours late, and then I had some traffic troubles on the way to Miramar. I made it to the hotel at 5:45.

The weather is very nice, though. It is a sunny day, and the temps are warm 70f (well..at least to me the temps are warm).

The Hilton Garden Inn in Miramar is very nice. It is located with several other new hotels in a huge business park, along with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines offices, and Carnival Cruise Lines Offices.

I'm sure I will retire early tonight...It has been a long travel day. I am looking forward to meeting Host Andy, and the other Cruise Critic members that will be sailing with me.

I used my Starbucks Locator to find out that the closest Starbucks is only 2 miles from the Hotel...So tomorrow at 6AM I will be taking a short drive. ;)

I plan on heading to the pier at about 11AM...and should be parked and on board Century by 11:45- Noon. I will be meeting with the other Cruise Critic Members at the Mast Bar for Sailaway, and I plan to post comments about the day tomorrow evening.

Here are a few pics from today ! ! The are many more pics on my Cruise Page...Just Click below. Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Auto Train Station in Lorton, VA

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hilton Garden Inn / Miramar, FL

image.jpg

Thanks for the update Radio! I love Hiltons!!! Can't wait to hear more from you! Esp the menus! Which route are you sailing again?

5 Night Western...Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

Radio

:cool: :cool:

Mark, how delightful that you are on the Century. We'll be there on April 2. I can't wait to see your pictures. You definitely are the best at capturing the essence of the ship. I think there are a lot of cruisers who are interested in the new sunset verandas and the new sky suites. I hope you can get pictures of them.

One of these days we're going to sail together again!! (I hope, I hope!)

Garry

Mark, how delightful that you are on the Century. We'll be there on April 2. I can't wait to see your pictures. You definitely are the best at capturing the essence of the ship. I think there are a lot of cruisers who are interested in the new sunset verandas and the new sky suites. I hope you can get pictures of them. One of these days we're going to sail together again!! (I hope, I hope!)

Garry

Thanks for your support Garry...I'm sure our paths will cross again soon !

It looks like a busy day in the Port of Miami...There are currently 4 ships there today. (L-R Navigator, Voyager, Century, Carnival Triumph) The weather looks promising. The forecast is sunny and 77f. It looks like today will produce a great Sailaway....

My next post will be from onboard Century ! See you soon....

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Port of Miami Webcam

image.jpg

Port of Miami Webcam

image.jpg

Celebrity Century Webcam

image.jpg

We're not scheduled to sail on the Century till 2/19/07, but I already feel like I'm aboard. I can't wait to see the menus, read the review and see all the pictures. You're doing a great job. Thanks.

I am traveling with my wifes family (there's nine of us all together from age 9 to 58) and I am the "captain" on our trip, so I'm responsible for knowing all the tips and tricks. We have heard great things about the "refurbished" Century, but we always want to hear more.

Are they "policing" chair hogs on Sea days?

Is there a complimentary Stream room in the spa or only a complimentary sauna?

Any trouble getting good seats in the theater? How early do we have to get there to get nine seats together?

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.

Great to see you here! I've followed (and very much enjoyed) your "LIVE" reports over on the RCL board for years. We're thinking of trying the new Century ourselves just for something different. And Garry - we're also looking at the 4/2 date. My husband and I (mid-40's) have two daughters, 11 and 14. Would this be an appropriate cruise for them? We've only been on Disney and RCL (Voyager class) so far. Thanks for your wonderful reports - it's almost like being there!

Nancy

Archived