Hooked Restaurant on Symphony

kevinyork

Been off the boards here for a while. We have Symphony booked for May. The planner shows a speciality restaurant called Hooked. Not read anything about this. Is this the first outing for this venue on RCI? Where is it? Does it replace Sabor on the boardwalk since there is no Sabor shown on the planner? Menu below:

3a11708bf98c95cfcca1daee7d4c9a3d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been off the boards here for a while. We have Symphony booked for May. The planner shows a speciality restaurant called Hooked. Not read anything about this. Is this the first outing for this venue on RCI? Where is it? Does it replace Sabor on the boardwalk since there is no Sabor shown on the planner?

Symphony will be first ship to have the Hooked restaurant. I believe the Sabor location on the Boardwalk gets the new sports bar. Not sure where Hooked is going.

We are waiting to see Pic's and Video"s of the venue when agents tour the ship next month. We are sailing on it in Dec and have booked 5 of the 7 nights up already for Alt. dinning. They have adjusted $ a couple of times so they are probably testing it out ! Bob

Thanks all for the responses. If it is going into the upper floor of the solarium, where will the bar that is there go to?

Looking at deck plans, a small Solarium Bar is now on 15 in front of the Bistro. Presumably blocking the view whilst sitting in the Bistro... and taking up sun lounger space...?253f28ce5096a84a26fe256c15391d69.jpg

I see that in addition to dinner at $44 they are now offering lunch at $27.50 FYI

Hooked is $44pp on the Med sailings. No way.

Would prefer to have Sabor instead.

$44 seems pretty high for the menu offerings. I don't see fried fish or a lobster roll anywhere near worth that much. Oasis had a Fish restaurant for a few years. It was replaced by Sabors for a reason. I bet this one goes down too. Just too expensive.

Looking at deck plans, a small Solarium Bar is now on 15 in front of the Bistro. Presumably blocking the view whilst sitting in the Bistro... and taking up sun lounger space...?253f28ce5096a84a26fe256c15391d69.jpg

I see that in addition to dinner at $44 they are now offering lunch at $27.50 FYI

Thanks. I didn’t think to look one deck down. More passenger space being taken due to another revenue venue. We liked that upper area of the solarium on Oasis as it was somewhere you could sit in the shade but still with a great view.

Looking at deck plans, a small Solarium Bar is now on 15 in front of the Bistro. Presumably blocking the view whilst sitting in the Bistro... and taking up sun lounger space...? ...

Yep, looks like the bean counters saw too much nin-revenue space again. Even harder to get a lounger in the Solarium now.

Will it be included in purchased specialty dining package?

It is priced less than Chops and Wonderland and does not have limited seating like Hibachi so there is no reason that it should not be included. Also it is not listed as being excluded in the terms and conditions for the dining packages on Symphony.

I just can't imagine this being that good. Oysters on Day 6? Gross. Unless they're frozen like the current iteration of he "shellfish tower," currently available at Chops. Both times we tried it, on Oasis and Allure, the items were only about halfway thawed or utterly tasteless.

• 1 month later...
Hooked lunch now $20.90 and dinner $42.90..... a little cheaper due to lack of bookings??

I hope so. My sailing is July 12.

I don't see a discounted dining package listed yet. Waiting for it as we are not big MDR people.