50lbs before is cruise oct 13

cruisingfor5

I need to get my head into this weight loss goal. I want to go on a trip with my family and feel ok about how I look for once instead of trying to cover up and hide. 31 weeks until we go so this goal is very doable. Anyone else cruising around the same time wanting to lose weight? :eek:

Count me in! We're going the week before Christmas and would love to fit into some of my old clothes. I actually started about a month ago and in that month I've lost about 10 lbs. I'm hoping to hit my goal by Dec.

Count me in! We're going the week before Christmas and would love to fit into some of my old clothes. I actually started about a month ago and in that month I've lost about 10 lbs. I'm hoping to hit my goal by Dec.

That is awesome! 10lbs is a great start. I would also love to wear my "skinny" clothes on the cruise.

Hi Ladies,

This is just what I was looking for...some of the other groups have been together so long...so this is nice to join up with a new group. I am cruising in two weeks, but have one in October planned with my sister (who has lost and kept off 60+ lbs for over a year), Mom and niece. We are calling it our Fit & Fab Cruise. My Mom, niece and I are in the early stages of weight loss success! I lost 19 lbs before our Bermuda cruise last September...huge accomplishment for me. I typically try to lose weight too fast, then feel deprived and go back to junky eating again. I have gone up and down about 3 lbs since September...another great feat for me that I have not gained it all back. Winter in MI is too dark and dreary and work stress has left me unfocused...and knowing we have a cruise in less than two weeks takes away any motivation I may have...But when we return, I want to really get serious again. For our cruise on Oct 28, I want to lose 50 lbs!

Interested in hearing your game plan...slow but sure works for me. I was losing about 1 to 1.5 lbs a week which was just fine with me...I did not feel deprived at all. During the week, Oatmeal for breakfast, yog and fruit for snack, yog, cheesestick and carrots or another fruit for lunch, then a healthy dinner, and always a 100 cal ice cream sandwich at night so I do not feel deprived. Was probably eating 1500-1700 cals a day. I do not get bored of eating the same things over and over and use my weekends to eat something different. Packing a lunch is easy when all you eat is yog, cheesesticks, fruit and vegs!

Lets keep each other motivated! Lauri

There's a weigh-in every Thursday.

Please come in. Good way to keep

track of your weight losses.

Don't have to give your weight,

Just how much you lost, gained or

stayed the same for the week.

Open to all.

Welcome Lauri! I just want to go on my cruise with my family and feel good plus get an awesome family portrait I will be proud to share. I have been on a 30 day green smoothie challenge which for me has been great for breakfast. Quick, easy and get some fruit and veg in first thing in the morning.I have been feeling great from doing it. More than willing to share recipes if anyone wants some of them. I also been on WW last year so I should be just using that to count points but it doesn't last for more than a day or so. It is my evenings I need to get a hold of and stop snacking. It has been a long winter here in Ont,Canada. Ready for spring.

There's a weigh-in every Thursday.

Please come in. Good way to keep

track of your weight losses.

Don't have to give your weight,

Just how much you lost, gained or

stayed the same for the week.

Open to all.

Well this week I lost nothing actually up a lb because of the kids being home I have had a few "treats". Hope next Thursday to be down :)

Welcome Ozarkmama....glad you joined us! Unfortunately I will not be much inspiration until after April 9th when we return from our cruise....but I will hang out with you until then! I am counting the days to feel the sunshine on my face and eat some good food, drink some great drinks. I do not typically gain weight on cruises, so hopefully I will stay where I am right now! I am hoping my inspiration will return when warmer weather comes!

I would love to join this group. I am going on a 30 day cruise for my husband's 60th birthday Nov. 9. I started Medifast on February 12 and I am down 14 pounds, 45 more to go. I really really want to be comfortable with how I look and feel on this cruise!

May I join also? Agree with lah66, most groups have been together awhile. I just returned from my cruise and am in the process of booking the for March 2014. I know you all are sailing by the end of the year. I am looking to lose 50 - -60 lbs by next cruise so I have almost a year. Did the same thing last March and this March am only 18 lbs down. I watch calories and WW points, but emphasize watching the calories. I have been trying to walk at least 20 minutes 3 times a week and grow from here. Exercise is not my strong suit. Neither is water but I know I must drink it. I hope we can help each other to our goals. Cindy

May I join also? Agree with lah66, most groups have been together awhile. I just returned from my cruise and am in the process of booking the for March 2014. I know you all are sailing by the end of the year. I am looking to lose 50 - -60 lbs by next cruise so I have almost a year. Did the same thing last March and this March am only 18 lbs down. I watch calories and WW points, but emphasize watching the calories. I have been trying to walk at least 20 minutes 3 times a week and grow from here. Exercise is not my strong suit. Neither is water but I know I must drink it. I hope we can help each other to our goals. Cindy

Welcome. So far most of us are sailing in the fall but that doesn't matter because it is a good chunk of time and more may join sailing around the same time.

Kids are back in school tomorrow here so I am hoping to get back into a routine and start losing again.

Hello! I am also looking at a 50 lb loss goal by November 2, 2013 so similar goal. I know it can be done with determination! I am excited about the weather warming up since we are a BBQing family (huge foodies as well). I think that makes it easier to eat healthy. Spring and Summer for me usually includes a lot of fresh and grilled veggies, lean meats, and fruit. It is usually SO hot here (KS) that I don't want to eat all day too. My hubby and I are going to start on a new workout called Insanity. I'm a little worried but going to ease into it and blast the fat off. LOL

Cruisingfor5, I would be interested in your smoothie recipes or if you know of a site that has good ones. Does everyone have a certain day of the week you weigh in or maybe you weigh every day? Anyone use sparkpeople recipe site? I usually weigh in on Friday morning. I love rummaging through the recipes sparkpeople offer. I am anxious to start incorporating fruit and veggies in a smoothie. Anyone else have any ideas? Cindy

Cruisingfor5, I would be interested in your smoothie recipes or if you know of a site that has good ones. Does everyone have a certain day of the week you weigh in or maybe you weigh every day? Anyone use sparkpeople recipe site? I usually weigh in on Friday morning. I love rummaging through the recipes sparkpeople offer. I am anxious to start incorporating fruit and veggies in a smoothie. Anyone else have any ideas? Cindy

"Pear me with Greens"

1 Rib of Celery

1 Pear

½ Frozen Banana

½ Cup of Cucumber

1 Handful of Parsley

1 Cup of Water or Coconut Water (ideally raw and unpasteurized!)

Harmless Harvest is one of our favorite raw, unpasteurized, and

environmentally friendly, conscious companies that produce the

most delicious Coconut Water. Tastes like it's fresh from the

Coconut!

Day 2 - Young and Raw Smoothie of the Day: Raspberry Kale Booster

Smoothie

1 Rib of Celery

1 Frozen Banana

½ Cup of Raspberries or Blueberries

1 Handful of Kale

1 Cup of Water or Coconut Water

This is day 1 and 2 of the 30 day challenge. Day 1 was so so but loved day 2. I just used raspberries in mine. I can post more if anyone wants. Each day has different ingredients for different health benefits. I also had mine as breakfast but I am not a big breakfast person. Some people have it for lunch. Many people lost weight having these with eating well. I found I didn't crave as much junk when drinking them.

Welcome everyone! So glad we are getting a nice sized group together...I wont be much help for a few weeks but are looking forward to getting back on track on April 8th.

I weigh everyday..I have found that I can easily gain 3 lbs of water in one day so if I only weigh once a week and its on a heavy day, there goes all my motivation and I really may have done well..When I weigh everyday and I see a big jump, I know it is just water and I do not stress at all about it..

Counting calories works best for me. I finally found healthy foods that I love so I do not force myself to eat something I do not like! I love fruit and are just so so on a lot of veggies, but as long as I stay within my 1500 calories, I will lose. I eat a treat every night but it is just 100-150 calories. I eat tons of oatmeal (steel cut in the crockpot), string cheese, greek yogurt and fruit. That is breakfast and lunch most of the time. The oatmeal keeps me full and the rest is very easy to pack for work.. I can say this is the first time I have been able to lose weight. I am the lightest I have been since my daughter was born 16 years ago. This is what works for me, but I sure went through an awful lot to finally figure it out.

My inspiration is from my sister who lost about 60 lbs and has kept it off for almost two years..and she eats bacon and eggs every morning for breakfast! Its all about making choices that work for you...Do I have a perfectly balanced diet? No way...Am I healthier than I was a year ago? You betcha!

Have a healthy week everyone! Lauri

I would love to join this group. I plan on loseing 30 to 35 lbs by Sept 21

Lost about 35 last year and kepted it off.

As of Feb 15th I have lost 12 lbs Become a nonsmoker & Coffee:eek:.

My Diet is all lean proteins and veggies. Very little cheese and a handful of nuts for a snack. Cals run about 1100 to 1300.

Work out cardio 45 mins I add 5 more mins every week. And 25 to 35 min on the bowflex. Got tone up that skin...lol

I would love to join this group. I plan on loseing 30 to 35 lbs by Sept 21

Lost about 35 last year and kepted it off.

As of Feb 15th I have lost 12 lbs Become a nonsmoker & Coffee:eek:.

My Diet is all lean proteins and veggies. Very little cheese and a handful of nuts for a snack. Cals run about 1100 to 1300.

Work out cardio 45 mins I add 5 more mins every week. And 25 to 35 min on the bowflex. Got tone up that skin...lol

Great job on the weight loss! Plus the healthy changes.

Does skin ever go back? After three kids I have some serious loose skin :( LOL

Thank so much cruisingfor5! I will shop this weekend for ingredients. I gained 9 pounds on my cruise this month!:eek: Some serious water weight cause in a week I lost 6 pounds! Lol These smoothies will be a help getting fruit and veggies!

Hi Everyone!

So glad I came across this group! I am cruising in October and want to lose 50 lbs. I need to lose more than that, but it would be a great start.

I am thinking of going back to Weight Watchers, as I know what a great program it is. Two years ago I lost 80 pounds with them in 6-1/2 months, but over the last few years it has found it way back on. Why can't the food I like the most be good for me also?:rolleyes:

It has taken me the last 3 months to get to a point where I am ready to move forward with a good weight loss program and now I feel pretty motivated. Spring is here - or so they say - I live in Michigan and the weather gods here have not quite gotten the message yet.

Diane

Well, last week I was at 194#, I will weigh on Thursday or Friday (I tend to forget) I would be totally happy with 1#/week. I am just watching portion sizes as well as cutting way back on snacks. I am allergic to corn so can't have anything with corn syrup in it. I only drink water, unsweet iced tea or Diet Rite. I think my biggest weakness is snacking, I get the munchies in the afternoon at work and in the evening at home. I try to buy some healthy snacks to counter that.

Purchased a mini slow cooker today to make steel cut oats in. Love steel cut oats but they take a while to cook and you can't go far from the stove. This way on the weekend when I like having them I can turn it on relax have a shower and whatever else I want to do and it will be ready. I drink my smoothies during the week but love a good bowl of oats on the weekend when I can sit down and enjoy. I also found a recipe to add diced apples, pecans and raisins too it before turn it on. Sounds good to me. I won't be hungry for quite a while.

Struggling with the water drinking these days since it is so cold outside. Come on spring!

Archived