Liberty review May 24th - 27th

J_oak717

Here's my May 24th - 27th Liberty/Nassau recap.

Parking:

I parked at a very reputable park and ride terminal that was only 2 miles from the port. It was $32 dollars total. That's more than half off what you'll pay to park at the port. They drop you off right at luggage check-in and they pick you up when your trip is over. We waited less than 5 min to get picked up.

Embarking:

Cant emphasize enough to make sure you have your credentials readily available when you get to the terminal. If you get there before your scheduled boarding time they will let you get on the ship. You might as well get there early, it counts as one of your days on the ship might as well make the most of it. For those getting on before 1:30, highly suggest that you have as small as carry on as possible. Your stateroom wont be ready until 1:30 and you'll have to tote your carry on bag around the ship until your room is ready.

At check-in at the port, if you haven't already done so online, this is when you add cash or a credit card to your onboard account for purchasing.

Your ship & sail (S&S) card will be in your mailbox outside your cabin door once your room is ready. You can use your boarding pass at the bar until you get your ship and sail card. Your S&S is your room key and card you use to purchase things on the ship.

Dining:

Numerous places to eat on the ship, some for an additional cost (sushi, seafood shack, steakhouse). The Lido buffet on the 9th deck is where most go immediately upon boarding. Lunch will be waiting for you there. Room service, Pizza bar and ice cream bar are the only options 24 hrs. Definitely try one of Guy's burgers.

Main Dining Room(MDR): If you have assigned dining, you will eat in the Silver Dining Room at the same time at the same table every night. If you have anytime dining, you will eat at the Golden dining room and you can go whenever you like.

Cheers Package: I didn't get it. It wasn't worth the money to me. My lady and I are not big drinkers and if one person in the cabin gets it, everyone over 21 in the cabin must get it. You have to buy it for the full duration of the trip and you dont use it much on the day you're in port at the Bahamas.

Cabin:

I can only speak on mine, so dont expect a lot. But you dont need a lot. Just somewhere to sleep, shower, change and whatever else you do. [emoji6]🤣 There's only 1 outlet so definitely bring an extension cord to charge your devices.

Many dont know this, but ask for a robe. Your steward will provide them.

Nassau: (10am - 6pm)

NOTE: Make sure you take your S&S card AND ID with you when getting off the ship. You need both to clear Bahamian security when getting back on the ship.

We opted for the Melia Beach Hotel Day pass it was $45 per person. It gives you access to the beach, pool, lazy river, snorkeling gear, kayaks, standing paddleboards and a Starbucks voucher. There's food and drink at the beach for a cost. You can also rent jet-skis.

After the beach we went to Fish Fry and ate at Goldies. Highly recommend the fried snapper. Also go to the back of Goldies to see them take conch out of its shell.

We then took a taxi to Queen's Staircase. A must see in my opinion. After that, we hit the straw market for some souvenirs and then back on the ship at 5pm.

If you find a cheap price of liquor in Nassau take a picture of it because the ship will price match.

Entertainment:

There's a lot to do on the ship.

Just depends on what you like to do. I highly recommend that you download the Carnival Hub app before your trip. It has a list of all events for your entire trip. You can set alerts for specific events you want to see. Definitely get to the comedy show about 20 mins before it starts. It fills up quick.

Pixel package: pictures are not cheap on the ship. Those captured moments are nice but add up quickly.

Disembarking:

Two options:

Option 1: You can leave your luggage outside your door the last night of your cruise and you'll pick it up at baggage claim once you get off the ship.

Option 2: you carry your own luggage and wait for them to call your deck to disembark. They call the lower decks first.

A bit of sad news on Sat morning, there was an announcement for a missing lady who was last seen getting back on at the Bahamas. We dont know if she went overboard or was just passed out in someone else's cabin.

Well that's it for this cruise. Hopefully this info was helpful to some. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer.

Enjoy your cruise!

- Jeff

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Going on the Liberty July. May I ask where did you park at port Canaveral and did you take a cab or the #10 jittney? Did you see the prices of the jet skies at Melia?
We parked here and their service was great.

https://www.webreserv.com/canaveralmobilityrentalsfl

We took the #10 bus to Melia. It was only $1.25 p/person and a 15 min ride.

Jet skis were $70 for 30 min.

Hey thanks a bunch, when I leave out the gate from the port and head to the right to catch the #10 what is it in front of? (The stop)
Cant remember exactly, but these are the directions we received from the vendor.

"To get to the bus - Walk out the Cruise Welcome Center, straight ahead (along Parliament St.) one block past Via Cafe to Bay Street. Make a right (on Bay St.) Head down about 3-4 blocks (pass the straw market). You will see buses lined up at the intersection of George at Bay Street (on your left)."

Thank you for your review! Was formal night the 2nd day of your cruise (day after u boarded the ship)?

Good to know about only one outlet. I guess it isn’t updated like the Elation (they had usb chargers right by the headboard)?

What other stop did you guys make, or was it just Nassau?

Thank you for your review! Was formal night the 2nd day of your cruise (day after u boarded the ship)?

Good to know about only one outlet. I guess it isn’t updated like the Elation (they had usb chargers right by the headboard)?

What other stop did you guys make, or was it just Nassau?

Formal night was the 2nd day, our day in port in Nassua.

Nassau was the only port.

Thanks so much for your post. I leave Sunday on the Liberty. We too, are going to the Melia. Did you have any problems getting some beach chairs in the shade? I figure we won't get there until around 11:00. I NEED shade and I'm worried that there won't be any shady spots left. Also, what time did you leave to go back to the ship?

Thanks

Thanks so much for your post. I leave Sunday on the Liberty. We too, are going to the Melia. Did you have any problems getting some beach chairs in the shade? I figure we won't get there until around 11:00. I NEED shade and I'm worried that there won't be any shady spots left. Also, what time did you leave to go back to the ship?

Thanks

We were there over Memorial Day weekend and didnt have any issues getting chairs with an umbrella.