CROISI Loire Princess

stan vermeers

Just a quick post on this cruise. On July 31 of last year I asked on this board about Croisi and received a few good thoughts. My husband and I have been on the Rhine and Danube with AMA.

We were concerned about Croisi being French and the language issue. We did not need to worry. The personnel are great about including English speakers. There were 2 dining tables speaking English, mostly from the UK. There was also a Rhoades Scholar group of about 20 Americans on board, who had there own tours and guides.

We had wonderful guides and bus drivers, who all spoke great English.

My husband is somewhat picky eater, but had no problem with the menu. The food was great and of a good quality. (As stated before you can ask for a different entrée.)

Our room was a balcony, a little small, but adequate. Bathroom large and shower great.

The only thing to point out is no bathroom by the bar, You have to go back to your room.

Shore excursions were great. In Nantes we loved the mechanized elephant, carousel and large spider. The 3 chateaus we saw were fabulous. (This was the main point of our river cruise.)

After the cruise we stayed in Amboise at Le Vieux Manior and loved that charming town. Saw 10 chateaus from there.

Without hesitation we would sail with Croisi again.

Linda

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time. Isn't Le Vieux Manoir great? The owner was so helpful in helping us choose restaurants there and planning our day touring châteaux.

Hi Linda,

Thank you so much for the kind words! The Loire Princesse is a special ship to us, being truly one of a kind, our first in the paddlwheel style, and with a top-notch staff.

The Loire Valley in general is such a magical place - deep history, amazing architecture, and this is a totally new way to visit it.

We are so pleased to have welcomed you on board.

I agree, the ship was spotless and the crew really really nice. Anna at the reception desk was always smiling and ready to help with any question. The maître d was great!! (Do not remember name,:() He was always "running" in the dining room. For one of our tablemates, she did not eat fish, he subbed chicken, she also did not drink milk on her cereal, he found soy milk. She was surprised and pleased. The Gala was so much fun. The food was incredible and the dancing after in he lounge really fun. The French know how to dance!

For us, this was the way to start our visit to the Loire Valley. Then continue on with our own decision of which chateau appeal to you.

Loved Le Vieux Manior. Never heard a word from another room. Yes we used her suggestions for restaurants and liked them too. Saw Amboise "castle" and Da Vinci "castle" And really like the little white train in front of the Visitor Center. Good overview to start.

One thing to remember is all shops close from 12 noon to 2 or 3. That little town was quiet and deserted.!