Horizon 7/3 review, a year in the making...

jimbo5544

It has been a while since we have sailed (almost a year to the day) and as long since doing a review. While there is at least one other review in process, join me as I relive our Horizon cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last year we sailed on the Vista out of Miami (our second cruise on the Vista, the first occurred the previous July out of Barcelona) in April and stayed in a Havana cabana. On that cruise it was just the wife and I (we almost always travel in groups) and we loved the Havana room. We then sailed again last July on the Pride with a large group (our largest ever). From there, for many reasons, we would not sail again till this cruise, almost a year to the day. We usually cruise at least twice a year and sometimes as many as four times.

We booked group space for this cruise when the U.S. bookings opened up. We had decided we wanted to book a Havana Suite for this cruise, and we totally enjoyed it. But I am getting ahead of myself.

It has been a while since we have sailed (almost a year to the day) and as long since doing a review. While there is at least one other review in process, join me as I relive our Horizon cruise.

Jimbo, looking forward to your review. I’ll be sailing her in 18 Days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear all about the Horizon - especially the Havana area!

I think I can safely say you will here plenty of both, if I do not touch on something at the end, please ask.

Following! We are sailing Horizon on 8/28 and I can’t wait. Thank you in advance!

I will do my best, love doing reviews as it helps me relive the cruise. The pleasure is all mine.

Welcome home Jimbo! Looking forward to reading all about it. :cool:

Hey Jeff! It has been a hiatus from cruising for us, but your reviews helped keep it fresh. Thanks for following along.

Not to jump the gun but it is safe to say you guys really like the Vista? Our neighbors are that way with the Grandeur of the Seas, they've been on it like 10 times. Do you think you'll do that for the Vista? Seems like a cool ship, we almost booked it.

Not to jump the gun but it is safe to say you guys really like the Vista? Our neighbors are that way with the Grandeur of the Seas, they've been on it like 10 times. Do you think you'll do that for the Vista? Seems like a cool ship, we almost booked it.

I can safely say that we really liked the Vista and will sail her again. That said, we have a couple of ships we have sailed 4 times, but the leader for us is the Pride with 5 sailings.

I can safely say that we really liked the Vista and will sail her again. That said, we have a couple of ships we have sailed 4 times, but the leader for us is the Pride with 5 sailings.

Awesome can't agree more on the Pride! The Pride is hands down my favorite ship that I've done on Carnival and the one ship on any line we've considered repeating due to how close it is for us. It's easily in my top 3 favorite ships ever on any line, just love the way it is decorated throughout the ship. Only thing we didn't care for was the steakhouse meal we had.

Roll calls, they seem to have a life of their own, some flourishing and other dying on the vine. The one for our sailing was fairly active, as usual it got busier as the time to our cruise got closer. All in all, at over 250 posts, it ranks near the top.

Another interesting point is that ones for new ships are always busier, probably with all the questions that people have, regardless if is the first in a class or not. This one was no exception to that.

Whether these continue once everybody boards is another topic entirely. For this one, I did meet a couple of fellow posters, thanks for that. Once of the things we really enjoy about cruising is meeting interesting people, from all over the world.

Woohoo back for another jimbo review

Hey, it has been a while since we have talked. Hope to keep your interest along the way, this cruise we unique from several perspectives, but again jumping ahead.

Awesome can't agree more on the Pride! The Pride is hands down my favorite ship that I've done on Carnival and the one ship on any line we've considered repeating due to how close it is for us. It's easily in my top 3 favorite ships ever on any line, just love the way it is decorated throughout the ship. Only thing we didn't care for was the steakhouse meal we had.

We have sailed on three of the 4 Spirit class ships for a total of 8 sailings, they are a wonderful class of ships and the Vista suites (specifically 4th floor) are right up there at the top of our favorites. We sailed on the Pride from 3 different home ports on both coasts. Again, I took a mid-turn, but back on track to the review.