Dubai to Singapore. Help requested

CRUISER94044

Hi all. We are in the process of booking the Dubai to Singapore cruise in December. We will be arriving a couple of days early into Dubai. I am trying to make sense of the Visa requirements for Dubai. Abu Dabi. Qatar and the India ports of Mumbai. Mangalore and Cochin. Does Seabourn arrange for the Visas or are we on our own? Thanks for your help!!

Thanks to all your responses. We are from the USA and The VISA situation is confusing. We no longer live near San Francisco so can't easily go to pick up a VISA. We may need to use a third party to arrange for the VISAs if we can't do the e visa:')

Thanks to all your responses. We are from the USA and The VISA situation is confusing. We no longer live near San Francisco so can't easily go to pick up a VISA. We may need to use a third party to arrange for the VISAs if we can't do the e visa:')

Here in Oz (Australia) I use Visa Direct who are world wide, however when I Google them I keep getting their Australia site.

Try https://india.travisa.com/ and see if that helps.

I do know that when we went to India on Seabourn Pride in 2013 we had to have a face to face with Indian officials in each port !

I asked this question in May - Of course things can change :-

Me to Seabourn

I understand that India now accepts eVisa at Mumbai, Cochin and Mangalore, the three ports the above cruise stops at in December. Please will you confirm that my information is correct.

Reply from Seabourn

I can confirm that your information is correct for this cruise, either a Traditional or eTV Visa must be obtained prior to sailing.

Reply from UK visa company

It will be treated as one entry and entry will be Mumbai and exit will be Cochin.

I have just completed the e Visa for India online. Be prepared for lots of questions regarding your religion, Education, Work history, Parents. It will take at least 30 minutes to complete so please take your time and get prepared.

1/ Get a photo in jpeg format that is under 300kb and measures at least 350 pixels high and width but under 1000 x 1000. We used a pharmacy that has the neccessary software to get the correct size etc. Only $15 per photo and the send it to your email account.

2/ When you scan your passport ensure its a PDF file and under 400kb . We used an andriod app called Quick PDF scanner to get the correct size .

3/ Use the Cruise line shipping agent for your Indian reference. Your TA should be able to get you that.

4/ If you have traveled to India previously then they will want your previous visa details. Thankfully i keep all my expired passports so i had all the details. Not too sure how you will go if you don't have it.

5/ You will need to put down the Hotel details from your previous stay , you may get away by putting in any other hotel if you can't remember. The want address and name of the Hotel.

6/ The require your Parents names and nationalities along with where they were born.

7/ If you have multiple passports eg New Zealand and UK you are obliged to give them details on both.

It's all in the preparation so go to the site and do a run through to ensure that you have all the right answers and photos/scans before you submit the form as there a no refunds for incorrect information. The fee is $US80 plus credit card fees. Our application was made yesterday at 12.25pm and we had our visas but 1.10am this morning. I think that covers most of it .

Thanks for those details, we are on the cruise in December. We are Australian and have confirmed that the evisa is sufficient for this trip due to the ports we are visiting. Seabourn also confirmed this.

On the above photo and scan details, how do you know if you have the correct pixels and kb size etc? I am not the most technologically savvy user. Can I just take a photo of myself using an iPad and crop it?

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I have just completed the e Visa for India online. Be prepared for lots of questions regarding your religion, Education, Work history, Parents. It will take at least 30 minutes to complete so please take your time and get prepared.

1/ Get a photo in jpeg format that is under 300kb and measures at least 350 pixels high and width but under 1000 x 1000. We used a pharmacy that has the neccessary software to get the correct size etc. Only $15 per photo and the send it to your email account.

2/ When you scan your passport ensure its a PDF file and under 400kb . We used an andriod app called Quick PDF scanner to get the correct size .

3/ Use the Cruise line shipping agent for your Indian reference. Your TA should be able to get you that.

4/ If you have traveled to India previously then they will want your previous visa details. Thankfully i keep all my expired passports so i had all the details. Not too sure how you will go if you don't have it.

5/ You will need to put down the Hotel details from your previous stay , you may get away by putting in any other hotel if you can't remember. The want address and name of the Hotel.

6/ The require your Parents names and nationalities along with where they were born.

7/ If you have multiple passports eg New Zealand and UK you are obliged to give them details on both.

It's all in the preparation so go to the site and do a run through to ensure that you have all the right answers and photos/scans before you submit the form as there a no refunds for incorrect information. The fee is $US80 plus credit card fees. Our application was made yesterday at 12.25pm and we had our visas but 1.10am this morning. I think that covers most of it .

Hi would you be willing to share the shipping agent details?

Or email them to jamesamcauliffe at hotmail dot com?

I booked thru Seabourn, I have written to them but can take a while to get a response... thanks

Looking at my old Visa from 2017 when a company got a normal Indian visa for me the application form just said Seabourn Sojourn as the address.

thanks for your help, it does require reference name, address in india and telephone number. Perhaps best I wait for Seabourn to respond.

Also, to help others, I emailed my digital photos and passport scans to the email on the website for the evisa and they responded letting me know that they are adequate so that helps mitigate the risk that your application will be rejected.

Hi again,

Did you have any problems uploading your photo? Each time I try to do it my photo appears on a horizontal (rotated 90 degrees) yet when I open the file on my computer or laptop it is vertical.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi cruiser94044,

hi teamflames,

It appears we're on the same seabourn ovation cruise ( dubai -> singapore ) :)

After doing some research ( what works for USA and Australia, doesn't necessirely works for BELGIUM ),

it appears we only need to get a visa for India on our own before embarkation !

For India, the 2 types are OK ( paper visa and e-visa ),

but we decided to get a paper visa,

as the indian consulate is in our home town Antwerp ( so very easy to pass by ) and to avoid any possible delay in getting of the ship.

@ teamflames, I already have the information re the address for the visa

nDWraKJbahzUeDJ0DkrBhAF4LT6sAACAGdw4AAIhB5wAAgBg8rQIAgBjcOQAAIAadAwAAYtA5AAAgBu9zAABADDoHAADE4GkVAADE+D8iM6gE1I7ieAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

kind regards,

ralf

BELGIUM

Hey Ralf,

Thanks for your help, we got the shipping agent details from Seabourn last night. After countless recrops, resaves, repastes etc we finally got the photos to upload in a vertical format ... very strange and annoying but what else can be expected of these bureaucratic processes. I should not complain, the cruises that visit these visa requiring nations are so much cheaper in price [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums