On Harmony Now....Three Words......

Sascol

LOTS OF KIDS!

We travel in the fall. Mainly for two reasons:

1- The most important- it's our anniversary

2- To avoid cruising with lots of kids/families

While I am sure it is not even close to cruising in the summer months, there are SO many more kids on this ship than we are used to. Many of them American kids. Should they not be in school? The majority are well behaved but a few are making the occasional scene. Why so many kids on an October cruise? Like nothing we have ever seen.

Thank you! That just helped me make a decision!!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There have been some kids on most of our cruises but this year we're cruising during Spring Break. That could be a hole different kettle of fish.

You have to expect a lot of kids during spring break, especially on a 7 day cruise....longer cruises, 11 days or more, that cross over two school weeks generally have less children.

My kids started school at the end of July and started Fall Break today. We start our cruise on Harmony on Saturday and can't wait! This will be the first cruise for the girls and the Kids Sail Free offer definitely played into that decision.

OMG,, we have a family cruise booked on the Harmony July 7, 2018. Will my wife and I be the only adults onboard??? Just kidding, but the booze package looks very appealing! We usually do November or January -February and 9-10 day or longer cruises. That eliminates a lot of families/kids.

My kids started school at the end of July and started Fall Break today. We start our cruise on Harmony on Saturday and can't wait! This will be the first cruise for the girls and the Kids Sail Free offer definitely played into that decision.

Everyone will enjoy it.....

You could use these three words.... FLOATING FUN PARK

With several water slides, an aquapark, ice skating, rock climbing, zip line, DreamWorks characters, carousel, two flowriders, as well as the usual sports court, gaming arcade and youth zone, how can you not expect kids at any time of the year?

DUH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting thread on something called 'Jersey week' in November:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2501990&highlight=Jersey+week

Yes, in New Jersey there is a two day convention that teachers attend and therefore schools are closed. Many parents use it as a time for vacation, since they are only taking kids out of school for 3 days that week.

You also have to deal with year round schools. It's not just traditional calendar now. Some school systems have the normal traditional calendar from late August to early June with the summer months off but also have the year round schools that start in July and get 2-3 week breaks throughout the year at different times. Most of the year round schedules where I live just had their first break the end of September into the first part of October.

We found the best time to cruise is during the month of May, because whether the school end is in May or June, parents usually don't take their children out during these times as they have reports and tests to take. I rarely see kids and I just got off the Harmony this past May and always take a cruise during may and no kid issue in fact, I always remark there isn't any kids lol

No fall break here in my area of NJ. Didn't even have a holiday yesterday. We get Thurs/Fri for Teachers' Convention, but full days the rest of the week, and with a HS sophomore, no missing school (those AP and honors classes give too much work).

We don't have a February break either, only having the Monday off for Presidents' Day.

Yes, in New Jersey there is a two day convention that teachers attend and therefore schools are closed. Many parents use it as a time for vacation, since they are only taking kids out of school for 3 days that week.

Our schools close that Tuesday for Election Day, as well. Many take the whole week off.

We were on the 9/23 Harmony.

Slightly less than 10% were kids....not bad

We are in California & never heard of 'Fall Break'

New England here and never heard of Fall Break either (except a 3-day Columbus Day weekend). Schools around here start back after summer anywhere from the last week in Aug. until just after Labor Day.

I know the ships are full of kids during Thanksgiving week, but are they back in school the week after?

Just curious as I am boarding Oasis on 11/26, that Sunday after turkey day.

I don't usually cruise during that time of the year.

You should be OK. We've found that week and the first week in December to be some of the best kid minimum periods, and also some of the best prices.

You should be OK. We've found that week and the first week in December to be some of the best kid minimum periods, and also some of the best prices.

Thanks Bob! I usually also cruise first part of December (and am on Brilliance 12/11) but threw this Oasis additional cruise in last minute due to losing out on our Florida Keys trip in November. Poor people down there (including my sister) are still cleaning up from the disaster. :(