Why is there a weight limit on North Star?

Just making reservations and it asked if we were under 300lbs.

Yes..... but this seems odd to me.

I don't know how many people go in at a time, but for arguments sake I am going to say 10 people- if all 10 were 300, that would be 3000lbs.

Now realistically you could have 3 kids at 60lbs, 4 adults at 150 lbs, 1 adult at 250 lbs and 1 at 400 lbs... would still be much less than 3000 lbs?

The chances of having 10 people that weigh beyond 300 lbs, or even 10 people that weigh 250-300 all at once is odd!!

The chances of having 10 people that weigh beyond 300 lbs' date=' or even 10 people that weigh 250-300 all at once is odd!![/quote']

Um, have you looked around at the American population lately? I think a lot of the population is pushing over 200 lbs. At 5'7" and 160 pounds, I am considered "obese". Before I lost 20 pounds, I was "morbidly obese". I wear a size 10 and I am considerably smaller than my 4 female employees. That's my weight before I strap on the 30 extra pounds of equipment each day. Next time you see a cop catch up to a running bad guy, pat him on the back because he is starting with a 30 pound bulky deficit. And really thank your military. I would guess they are packing closer to 60 or 70 pounds extra gear. :o

Just making reservations and it asked if we were under 300lbs.

Yes..... but this seems odd to me.

The chances of having 10 people that weigh beyond 300 lbs' date=' or even 10 people that weigh 250-300 all at once is odd!![/quote']

You are talking about a cruise ship, aren't you --- and a few thousand passengers who enjoy the concept of an "all you can eat buffet" - right?

Perhaps there is a chance, after all.

Um, have you looked around at the American population lately? I think a lot of the population is pushing over 200 lbs. At 5'7" and 160 pounds, I am considered "obese". Before I lost 20 pounds, I was "morbidly obese".

It is really bad. 70% of Americans are overweight, 40% are obese.

The scale goes: underweight, normal, overweight, obese.

At 5'7" and 160 pounds you are overweight, not obese. And just barely overweight, 159 pounds would be the top of your "normal" weight range for 5'7".

If you weighed over 191 pounds then you would be considered obese.