Park and Go

GingerCandy

We usually take the bus to Port Everglades for a cruise. Since we have a ten day cruise, the bus will take us but not pick us up. We play to drive over from Southwest Florida. Where is the best place to park that includes drop off at the cruise ship and pick up at the end of the cruise? Any helpful comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

We've used the bus many times until they raised the price to $180 for the two of us. The bus was OK but we'd always arrive to the port at 11:30 + which meant the line would already be long and they never left the terminal to start the trip back until after 11:30 which meant waiting on the ship till the last minute & then waiting outside around the terminal until everyone arrived.

Staying at ParknGo lets us leave the ship before 7 & be home before the bus even leaves the port.

Definitely better even if it is a little more expensive for B2B's plus I can use my car during layovers in Ft Lauderdale if I wanted. :)

Best to park at Miami port. The private cruise parking places "in the area" are not trustworthy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP is leaving from Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades). Park and Go has an excellent reputation. OP - you can check out recommendations on the Florida Departures Board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495.

OP is leaving from Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades). Park and Go has an excellent reputation. OP - you can check out recommendations on the Florida Departures Board http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495.

I was answering question about Miami from previous poster. I was not denigrating Park and Go at Port Everglades. In Miami, it is safer and more convenient to park at port than to use private lots.

I was answering question about Miami from previous poster. I was not denigrating Park and Go at Port Everglades. In Miami, it is safer and more convenient to park at port than to use private lots.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I agree with you about Port of Miami parking. The horror stories on the Florida Departures Board about private lots in Miami are scary.

The lot at the Embassy Suites is cheaper than Park n Go, and also has free shuttle service. If you book far enough in advance you can score rates less than $5.00 per day. airportparkinginc.com

Thanks. That's a new one for me.

Do you know where the lot is located near on 17th street?

Is it near Embassy suites?

Their directions only show the lot neat the airport.

I went back to their website again & it does have a location but it shows the hotel as the location. I didn't think there were any large lots in that area.

Edited by floridalover5623

I went back to their website again & it does have a location but it shows the hotel as the location. I didn't think there were any large lots in that area.

The site offers several locations near the port, but the cheapest one always seems to be the one at the Embassy Suites.

The lot is the actual lot at the hotel. They will valet park it for you, although I've alway's self-parked.

I book early and pay $4.50 per day, plus a $5.00 booking fee...Park and Go is asking $12 per day for the same dates.

The site offers several locations near the port, but the cheapest one always seems to be the one at the Embassy Suites.

The lot is the actual lot at the hotel. They will valet park it for you, although I've alway's self-parked.

I book early and pay $4.50 per day, plus a $5.00 booking fee...Park and Go is asking $12 per day for the same dates.

Park and Go does have a discount program but this is still cheaper.:cool:

Thanks again.:)

I usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th when sailing from Port Everglades but would never leave my car in their back lot for 2 weeks. The lot is on property in the rear of the hotel. It really is not a gated lot with very limited security. Park n Go is the best; gated, clean, shuttles very fast and reliable for a low cost with advanced booking offer. Don't think I've paid more than $8 per day.

I usually stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th when sailing from Port Everglades but would never leave my car in their back lot for 2 weeks. The lot is on property in the rear of the hotel. It really is not a gated lot with very limited security. Park n Go is the best; gated, clean, shuttles very fast and reliable for a low cost with advanced booking offer. Don't think I've paid more than $8 per day.

Take a look on Google maps for yourself. The lot is gated and fenced, (although the fence is low). There are also security cameras everywhere.

I've never had a problem parking there. I feel safer parking there and taking my keys with me, versus leaving your keys at Park n Go so they can move your car every few days.

$4.50 per day beats $8.00 per day any way you look at it.

Take a look on Google maps for yourself. The lot is gated and fenced, (although the fence is low). There are also security cameras everywhere.

I've never had a problem parking there. I feel safer parking there and taking my keys with me, versus leaving your keys at Park n Go so they can move your car every few days.

$4.50 per day beats $8.00 per day any way you look at it.

I'm sure Embassy Suites does have some security although is might not be so obvious.

That being said, we've been using ParknGo for a few years now & their security is not really that great. We've never had a problem of heard of one BUT we most times do B2B cruises and always go back to our car during the turnaround day. (sometimes to drive places or at least dump unneeded things in the trunk)

The keys & parking ticket are always in the cars left opened so they can move them as needed. Their lack of real security is that your car isn't brought to you at the gate but they allow people to roam through their parking lot to select any open car with the keys on the visor. There might be a fence but so what? They'll drive anyone with a ticket (actually not needed at all) to their lot to drive off in any car they choose. I'm really surprised the car thieves haven't taken advantage of this flaw in their system. I mentioned this to the guys last cruise & their only response was "oh no, your dropped off at your car only and you can't just take any car". That's not true at all.

There's actually no security at all.