Where to park for 36 days in Ft. Lauderdale and how much for a large SUV?

mellon1

We are cruising for 35 days and going down early a day and looking at driving, which will take 2 days....auuugh. Not looking forward to it, but flights going home which are nonstop the only one which would work would be at 10:30 am. We disembark on a Saturday...need I say more! Not looking at staying at a hotel for an extra day either. Other flights going home are much later in the day and we don't get to PIT until approximately 11 p.m., then have a 2 1/2 hour drive home.

My husband hates the luggage, but staying for that long, there is a lot of things to bring along for that time. Oh what to do. Any suggestions from you pros out there? Wondering if there are any hotels that let you leave your vehicle for 36 days? When I looked I could not find any for that long. HELP! I am frustrated. Thanks.

Best rates can be found at airportparkinginc.com Their lot is at the Embassy Suites Hotel, and they provide free shuttle service.

At their website, choose "Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport" and then enter your dates for rates & availability.

Check out Park and Go. Fee is he same for all vehicles. Where at in Pa are you coming from

From Erie. I will check it out. Thanks.

Have a great cruise. I have family in Erie and was raised down the road on Rte 8 above the oil refineries.

We have left our car at Park & Go several times and had good luck with them. The lot is just off the airport property and close to the cruise terminal. They provided free transportation to the cruise terminal and return and they are prompt. We book them in advance.

Best rates can be found at airportparkinginc.com Their lot is at the Embassy Suites Hotel, and they provide free shuttle service.

At their website, choose "Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport" and then enter your dates for rates & availability.

Thank you! Is it where you park your own vehicle? Do you have to leave the keys? Last question, is it enclosed/safe to leave vehicle. We would hate to come back and no vehicle. That would not be good! We thought about staying at Embassy as so many people on the site do. That would be convenient.

About the shuttle, so they take you right away when you want to go to the pier or is it at certain times? Also, do they pick you up from the pier and bring you back to your vehicle?

Never did this before and don't know what to expect.

Thank you! Is it where you park your own vehicle? Do you have to leave the keys? Last question, is it enclosed/safe to leave vehicle. We would hate to come back and no vehicle. That would not be good! We thought about staying at Embassy as so many people on the site do. That would be convenient.

About the shuttle, so they take you right away when you want to go to the pier or is it at certain times? Also, do they pick you up from the pier and bring you back to your vehicle?

Never did this before and don't know what to expect.

Yes, it is the same lot that hotel guests use, and they pay more for parking and have to pay for the shuttle.

The lot is fenced, although it's low, and it has automated gates.

They offer valet, but I've always parked myself and taken my keys with me.

There are cameras everywhere and I've never had a problem.

The shuttle leaves as needed, and yes they pick you up at the pier too, just call them when you clear customs.

http://www.airportparkinginc.com

On their site, chose Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport, and enter the dates needed.

Please note that if you are planning to stay at the hotel, you should include those dates as well.

You will see several lots as options, I believe the Embassy Suites lot is always first, and always the cheapest.

Also on that page you will see the details about the shuttle and other terms.

Once you pre-pay you will be emailed a receipt which you must print and present to the parking attendant.

There is also a page for you to print which you place on your dash.

It's all very safe, simple and convenient. It's the closest parking lot outside of the port, and the cheapest. It doesn't get much better than that.

I'm going to make a strange suggestion. Once you find out pricing for parking, I would check into the price for two one-way rental cars. You wouldn't be putting the miles on your own car, and you wouldn't be leaving it in an unknown lot for a month. You might find the price pretty comparable, and the rental isn't too hard. You rent for the way down, and turn it in at the airport, and then rent from the airport on the way back (make a reservation). When we do that, we drive to the rental place together, and one of us drives the rental home. Then our own car is tucked safely at home with no parking fees.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

We have left our car at Park & Go several times and had good luck with them. The lot is just off the airport property and close to the cruise terminal. They provided free transportation to the cruise terminal and return and they are prompt. We book them in advance.

Thanks so much for your response. I will check this out. We are the blind leading the blind in my husband and my position...never did this before.

I'm going to make a strange suggestion. Once you find out pricing for parking, I would check into the price for two one-way rental cars. You wouldn't be putting the miles on your own car, and you wouldn't be leaving it in an unknown lot for a month. You might find the price pretty comparable, and the rental isn't too hard. You rent for the way down, and turn it in at the airport, and then rent from the airport on the way back (make a reservation). When we do that, we drive to the rental place together, and one of us drives the rental home. Then our own car is tucked safely at home with no parking fees.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Wow, never thought of that. You guys know everything.

Yes, it is the same lot that hotel guests use, and they pay more for parking and have to pay for the shuttle.

The lot is fenced, although it's low, and it has automated gates.

They offer valet, but I've always parked myself and taken my keys with me.

There are cameras everywhere and I've never had a problem.

The shuttle leaves as needed, and yes they pick you up at the pier too, just call them when you clear customs.

http://www.airportparkinginc.com

On their site, chose Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport, and enter the dates needed.

Please note that if you are planning to stay at the hotel, you should include those dates as well.

You will see several lots as options, I believe the Embassy Suites lot is always first, and always the cheapest.

Also on that page you will see the details about the shuttle and other terms.

Once you pre-pay you will be emailed a receipt which you must print and present to the parking attendant.

There is also a page for you to print which you place on your dash.

It's all very safe, simple and convenient. It's the closest parking lot outside of the port, and the cheapest. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thank you so much for that..hubby wasn't too happy about valet or leaving keys. Like that we can park ourselves.