Help Finding Cheap Air.

craigkell

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me in finding cheap air. Im going on the Carnival Victory on Nov 18th and returning the 25th. it seems the 25th is posing great problems. Air for the 25th is running about 430 with taxes ect. I could go on another cruise for that price!! dont forget to times that by 2!!! so round trip is running 1k . im looking on going out of JFK OR BDL TO MIA

if anyone could recommend something that would be appreciated!

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there could help me in finding cheap air. Im going on the Carnival Victory on Nov 18th and returning the 25th. it seems the 25th is posing great problems. Air for the 25th is running about 430 with taxes ect. I could go on another cruise for that price!! dont forget to times that by 2!!! so round trip is running 1k . im looking on going out of JFK OR BDL TO MIA

if anyone could recommend something that would be appreciated!

One word-THANKSGIVING. Everyone returning from the holiday and everyone wants the late morning/afternoon flights on Sunday

You most likely WILL NOT find cheaper air at this late date. The cheap fares were gone by July 1. If you are willing to fly into and out of Palm Beach and into and out of Providence, you MAY get a cheaper flight on US Air. However, the transfers from PBI to MIA will eat up any savings.

Greatam hit it on the head - holiday demand. Why are spring break time fares to Florida high? Why are they high at Christmas? My question -- did you not consider the impact of the Thanksgiving holiday when you purchased your cruise? Remember the simple rule: Supply + Demand = Price.

You're trying to travel back at the end of the weekend immediately after Thanksgiving. Of course it's going to be crazily expensive! (Particularly as you can't take an early flight when you return.) Why not stay a day in Miami and fly back Monday? It looks like you could save quite a lot of money that way - possibly more than the cost of overnight accommodation.

And why restrict yourself to JFK? What about Newark or La Guardia?

I agree with Globaliser. Consider an overnight or 2 in Miami. Figure in the cost of a hotel. If you are saving money, do it. There's tons to do in Miami.

Don't expect any breaks in flight fares. In fact, as I'm writing this, the rates are rising!! Do something now.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but you are looking for a flight during Thanksgiving Weekend. That is the busiest time of the year to fly. What few cheap tickets the airlines offered were snapped up months ago. Youneed to change your plans or pay up. It will not get better and may get worse.

Craigkell,

I just checked with my favorite airline and although it probably isn't exactly what you want....how about 667.00 round trip for the both of you! You would have to leave from Laguardia not JFK and you would fly into Ft lauderdale...theres one other catch you would have to spend an extra day in Ft Lauderdale/Miami leave the 26th instead of the 25th. If you plug in those dates leaving the 18th and coming back the 26th you'll see the prices. when you get the final price uncheck the bocxes for the travel ins and the $9 club and believe it or not if you want to leave late at night leave 8:05 pm and get there at 10:59 pm it will be alot less heres the website

http://www.spiritair.com/welcome.aspx I hope it helps! let me know I'll check back here (No I don't work for them they just have worked quite often for me and they're cheap!)

Andy

have you tried searching with kayak.com? i just ran a search and some came up for 410/pp. if you stay overnight it dropped to 274/pp.

personally, i'd never fly t-day weekend. i really wanted to do a cruise in 2008, but i would've had to fly during the holiday rush.

Southwest just announced a sale starting today http://www.southwest.com/?src=PR_sale_103007 if ISP, Hartford, or PHL will work for you but they fly into FLL so a rental car/shuttle will be required to Miami. Most cruise lines have shuttles from FLL to Miami. (for a fee)

Airline sales only work if there are flights available. Southwest has nothing available from FLL on the return to BDL. If using Islip, there is only space on a 9:50 am flight, which we all know is way to early.

Archived