Wondering if I will be OVERdressed on formal night

hi all,

First time cruising on allure on 6th may after reading so many threads asking if people can wear this or wear that on formal nights it’s made me think ......

I have only ever worn my tux and bow tie once and was looking forward to having a chance to wear it again but now I’m thinking I might look like a bit of a fool and overdressed.

Thoughts?

You'll be just fine.

My dad cruised 35+ times, and wore his tux just about every night. It always became a "what is he going to wear tonight?" game to his and mom's tablemates. He had about 50 different tie/cummerbund sets in all sorts of colors....always matched to whatever night it was in the dining room....Caribbean Night (crazy flowers), America the Beautiful Night (red, white and blue), etc.

Wear what YOU want and have fun.

We wear our tuxes on formal night and enjoy dressing up. For the last couple of cruises, we've had great tablemates who have likewise dressed up. Two cruises ago, all four couples wore formal dress on each formal night, which we thought was great.

But there's no guarantee, of course. I say, dress up for yourselves and enjoy it, and never mind the rest.

We always get dressed to the max on formal night.....love to be able to take sunset photos while dressed to the max. It is a tradition we look forward to. So, forget what anyone else may think - dress as you desire.

hi all,

First time cruising on allure on 6th may after reading so many threads asking if people can wear this or wear that on formal nights it’s made me think ......

I have only ever worn my tux and bow tie once and was looking forward to having a chance to wear it again but now I’m thinking I might look like a bit of a fool and overdressed.

Thoughts?

There will be others, you may be in an minority, but you won't feel alone. You can only feel a foot if you let it be that way. I don't do the tux thing, but I certainly don't look down on those who choose to dress nicely.

There is no such thing as overdressed:)

We always dress up on formal nights and often get lots of nice comments. We enjoy making the effort and despite all the threads on here there will be a lot more people dressed up than you think.

Go for it!

Julie

We will be on your cruise and will be going all out on formal nights, in the same way we will be probably what some would seem over casual on other nights, either way who cares! The spectrum is so vast I just go with what makes me happy.

Here’s to an amazing cruise!!

hi all,

Thoughts?

My husband always wears his tux if we decide to do formal. I wear a long formal dress to go with. You will be one of many that will be in a tux, so enjoy and look fantastic!

We've just stepped off an 11 night Caribbean cruise on Serenade and I assure you we saw plenty of tuxes and gowns on both formal nights. It was really nice seeing so many people dolled up for the evening.

hi all,

Thoughts?

It's your vacation - wear what you want to wear - you paid for it.

hi all, First time cruising on allure on 6th may after reading so many threads asking if people can wear this or wear that on formal nights it’s made me think ...... I have only ever worn my tux and bow tie once and was looking forward to having a chance to wear it again but now I’m thinking I might look like a bit of a fool and overdressed. Thoughts?

Wear your tux. You'll be fine and long side many others in formal black tie attire. (You will also be along side people in shorts,,,, but that's another story). The dress code of the ship suggests black tie, wear you tux. Enjoy!

hi all,

Thoughts?

I’ll be on the same cruise and will be wearing my tux. We’ll be twins! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will be just fine. Enjoy being yourself. It’s your vacation after all.

My family and I do dress up on formal nights as we like to. For us, cruise vacation is more special than other type of vacation.

We also enjoy observing many good looking families, ladies and gentlemen around us on these special occasions.

You will look absolutely dapper. One of the ladies at our table once wore a full blown ball gown on formal night. She was from GB and all I could think (besides how lovely she looked) was how in heck did she pack that thing.