Ship transfer of luggage from the QV to the QM2

kelmac

Hi Everyone,

We are doing a World cruise in 2019 on the QV. The cruise terminates in Southampton, the same day the QM2 makes it's westbound TA to NYC (we will be on that cruise as well). My question -- is there any program that will take our luggage off the QV and deliver it to the QM2? It would be nice to disembark and spend the day in the area and not worry about our bags.

Thanks,

Kel:D

Hi,

I did the WC on QE last year and terminated in Southampton; NO PROBLEM with luggage-they will issue special tags for transfer to QM2. They also provided a transfer coach if you don’t want to explore the town. Do not worry-you will be taken care of. ;)

Hi,

I did the WC on QE last year and terminated in Southampton; NO PROBLEM with luggage-they will issue special tags for transfer to QM2. They also provided a transfer coach if you don’t want to explore the town. Do not worry-you will be taken care of. ;)

Wow cc,

Thanks for the info! Did you have to stay on the ship to a certain time, or could you leave at your discretion?

Way to go Cunard.

Yes, they would call you off by tag number and color; you identify your stuff in the baggage hall and then turn it over to the transfer truck-after that you can climb on the transfer bus or the bus to take you into the town center; there was a hellish long line for unreserved cabs so I just used the bus to the town center. Getting back to QM2 is equally as easy-just don’t forget to check your boarding deadline.:D

Yes, they would call you off by tag number and color; you identify your stuff in the baggage hall and then turn it over to the transfer truck-after that you can climb on the transfer bus or the bus to take you into the town center; there was a hellish long line for unreserved cabs so I just used the bus to the town center. Getting back to QM2 is equally as easy-just don’t forget to check your boarding deadline.:D

cc,

Thank you so much!

Kel

No problem. In 2008, on a farewell QE2 voyage, they arranged transportation to the QM2. There were only 6 passengers transferring so they arranged taxis for us, but the procedure was the same. (I DO recall that we needed to gather our bags in the arrival hall, so it wasn't a "hands-off" luggage transfer experience.)

I also recall that we had an assigned time for debarkation.

No problem. In 2008, on a farewell QE2 voyage, they arranged transportation to the QM2. There were only 6 passengers transferring so they arranged taxis for us, but the procedure was the same. (I DO recall that we needed to gather our bags in the arrival hall, so it wasn't a "hands-off" luggage transfer experience.)

I also recall that we had an assigned time for debarkation.

Similarly in 2009, we used the Queen Victoria as a taxi service between Southampton and Fort Lauderdale to join Queen Mary 2 for her world voyage.

They provided dedicated luggage tags.

What was fun was having our final breakfast in Queen Victoria's Queens Grill and watching our Queens Grill suite's balcony being cleaned by the attendant.

Early evening we watched the Queen Victoria sail on her next World Cruise leg...

11726279696_d83bdea8a3_z.jpg

• 1 year later...
Similarly in 2009, we used the Queen Victoria as a taxi service between Southampton and Fort Lauderdale to join Queen Mary 2 for her world voyage.

They provided dedicated luggage tags.

What was fun was having our final breakfast in Queen Victoria's Queens Grill and watching our Queens Grill suite's balcony being cleaned by the attendant.

Early evening we watched the Queen Victoria sail on her next World Cruise leg...

11726279696_d83bdea8a3_z.jpg

It appears SR that the two ships were docked across from each other. Does anyone know if this is their standard practice in Southampton? Looks easy. Is that the Ocean Terminal? Queen Victoria on one side and the QM2 on the other?

Thanks,

It appears SR that the two ships were docked across from each other. Does anyone know if this is their standard practice in Southampton? Looks easy. Is that the Ocean Terminal? Queen Victoria on one side and the QM2 on the other?

Thanks,

Here is a link to a Southampton port map.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/admin/content/files/PDF_Downloads/Southampton%20Map%202014.pdf

Cunard usually uses the Mayflower, Ocean, and QEII terminals. There aren't any cruise terminals in Southampton where cruise ships dock directly across from each other. The Ocean and QEII terminals are fairly close to each other though.

Here is a link to a Southampton port map.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/admin/content/files/PDF_Downloads/Southampton%20Map%202014.pdf

Cunard usually uses the Mayflower, Ocean, and QEII terminals. There aren't any cruise terminals in Southampton where cruise ships dock directly across from each other. The Ocean and QEII terminals are fairly close to each other though.

Thanks John,

Excellent map of the piers in Southampton! We are trying to figure out how difficult it will be to get our luggage off the World Cruise (Victoria) over to the QM2 for the Transatlantic, and still be able to head to the Central rail station, or to a rental car location, and tour some of the area. We've been to Southampton three times, so we know the city pretty well.

Thanks again,

Great information! We'll be transferring from the QM2 to the QV next year so this is helpful.

We've done several transatlantics where we have toured around Europe between trips. We've stored our luggage with Cunard at the dock each time and have been very happy with the service. Next year after our QV voyage we'll be going back on the QM2 but not for several days.

So I know they'll store the luggage off the QM2, but has anyone ever done this from one of the other ships? We'd like to store a bag or two in between the end of our QV trip and the transatlantic going home. Thanks.

This is very helpful information as we are looking at a cruise on the Queen Victoria next July which arrives back in Southampton the same day we would be getting on the Queen Mary in Southampton to go back to New York.

From what I'm reading here, Cunard will take care of transferring our luggage from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary and then we would take a taxi to whichever terminal Queen Mary is leaving from (assuming that is not a problem --- although not sure how far terminals are from one another?).

Sounds easy enough....am I missing anything?

Thanks!