I Went To Court (Los Angeles) For Carnival in 1987

need2cruisesoon

True story, I was on the Tropical in October 1987 and was sharing a cabin with some buddies.

We ended up meeting these girls from the LA area and hung with them the entire week.

During the course of the cruise one of girls (supposedly) went down the pool slide and said she hit her head on the way down. Of course everybody was drinking.

I didn't think anything of it until a couple weeks went by and a lawyer representing Carnival Cruise Lines called me and asked me to testify in court in their defense. The girls and their mother filed suit in the LA court.

I did take the stand and but indicated at the time that I had no knowledge of the incident.

I found our weeks later that the suit was thrown out. Carnival called and thanked me but unsure if they offered me a free cruise or anything.

Needless to say it's been over 30 years since my last Carnival cruise, I need to give them a try again.

1c21bd2d06b8cdf9dc7358e5477e6b68.jpg

Me in front of the beautiful Tropicale (not sure if that pier was Mazatlan or PV).

Edited by need2cruisesoon

Surely you've been cruising other lines in the 30 years since your last Carnival cruise? No way you meant you haven't cruised at all in 30 years, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Yes cruised other lines (X, Princess, NCL....), but need to discover Carnival again, I mean 30 years is a long time to be away from a friend.

Yes cruised other lines (X, Princess, NCL....), but need to discover Carnival again, I mean 30 years is a long time to be away from a friend.

Yes, 30 years is a long time. By the time I set sail on the Breeze in March 2019,it will be 12 years since my last Carnival Cruise, as I’ve sailed RCCL and NCL since. Excited to be back to the “fun ships”!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums