Any recent reviews from these members?

mama_2_boys

There were far more reviews on here a few years ago. They are few and far between now.

It seems that since the "birth" of other social media sites, CC has taken a back seat, which I personally think is sad.

I remember when CC was the lifeblood of cruise research. I still prefer CC over all the other options, just wish some of the ports of calls had more updated info available.

Just my two cents worth!

• Like 1

I really miss Kim and Brianna, and all the other "old timers", many of whom inspired Patti and me to do our reviews. Thanks for all the shout outs! We will be on the Pride to Bermuda next month, so of course we will be reviewing that one. :D

• Like 3

Thanks. Here's my most recent. Next one coming up is in 45 more days on Oasis of the Seas. [emoji3][emoji568][emoji483][emoji267]

"Live" From Harmony of the Seas. September 8-15, 2018 - Eastern Itinerary

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2676684

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Curious, as another CCL person who recently tried RCCL...what are your thoughts on the differences between the 2? We actually found we prefer CCL and are sticking with them (but do have a 2nd RCCL in Jan). We found food to be better with CCL as well as the bar drink service. Also, RCCL's website and calling CS is AWFUL!!! But having said that, we only did a 4 day on the Majesty OTS so maybe the bigger newer ships have better food and bar drink service???? Curious your thoughts, and you must prefer RCCL since you seem to have truly jumped ship.

I noticed a drastic decline in trip reports too. My fave was they guy who called his wife 'the women to blame' or some Buffett reference.

• Like 1

I love Mitsugirly, Jamman and Gambee! You can find Gambee's reviews on his website as well and he doesn't just stick to on cruiseline, so that's fun too. Wrigley's were always fun to read and who doesn't love a good GAPEARL review? Miss her adventures!

Gambee is on Holland America now and there is a link to his website.

I really miss Kim and Brianna, and all the other "old timers", many of whom inspired Patti and me to do our reviews. Thanks for all the shout outs! We will be on the Pride to Bermuda next month, so of course we will be reviewing that one. :D

We'd be LOST without you, Jamman. That's for sure! Any time I am missing being on a cruise, I go back to one of your reviews and it's the next best thing! :cool:

It seems that since the "birth" of other social media sites, CC has taken a back seat, which I personally think is sad.

I remember when CC was the lifeblood of cruise research. I still prefer CC over all the other options, just wish some of the ports of calls had more updated info available.

Just my two cents worth!

I totally agree. When I first started cruising I would read the reviews here and learned lots of great info. I took a break from cruising and CC for years due having small kids but now that I'm back, it's not quite the same. I enjoy reading the reviews of those who are left here and I wish that I had the skill to write a good review. Maybe I'll try for my next cruise.

Can’t wait to read your review.

I will be reading your review for sure to help me with my Bermuda planning for next year's adventure!! :cool:

I'm on social media with both Brianna (Wrigley80) and Kim (gapearl) and both are still around and fine. Brianna is on a cruise right now, I believe. She now cruises with friends. I can let her know she's missed here on CC and that others asked about her. I'm wondering if part of the reason that there aren't as many reviews is because of the 3rd party photo hosting and the charges that go along with it. I know many used Photobucket, which used to allow 3rd party photo hosting, but changed about a year ago to only allow the 3rd party photo hosting to those who purchase their premium membership, which is almost $400 a year. I'm glad that Jamman54 and mitsugirly keep things going. Trippingpara has done several reviews and is currently in the process of an Alaskan review on Carnival Legend which I'm following along on and I recommend that one. Jamman54, looking forward to your upcoming review!

I'm on social media with both Brianna (Wrigley80) and Kim (gapearl) and both are still around and fine. Brianna is on a cruise right now, I believe. She now cruises with friends. I can let her know she's missed here on CC and that others asked about her. I'm wondering if part of the reason that there aren't as many reviews is because of the 3rd party photo hosting and the charges that go along with it. I know many used Photobucket, which used to allow 3rd party photo hosting, but changed about a year ago to only allow the 3rd party photo hosting to those who purchase their premium membership, which is almost $400 a year. I'm glad that Jamman54 and mitsugirly keep things going. Trippingpara has done several reviews and is currently in the process of an Alaskan review on Carnival Legend which I'm following along on and I recommend that one. Jamman54, looking forward to your upcoming review!

I use Photo bucket for my reviews and it does cost a bit more than before, but it’s not $400 a year. Pay $69.98 for the year.

I use Photo bucket for my reviews and it does cost a bit more than before, but it’s not $400 a year. Pay $69.98 for the year.

I still have Photobucket, but only the lowest tier package. I remember last year when links to pictures in CC members' reviews were disabled and pictures from some member reviews that I enjoyed and have reread disappeared and only the Photobucket logo was showing. Around that time, someone posted a "fix" on under the CC "Photo and Camera" discussion boards, which several of us uploaded and voila, we could see those pictures again. One of those reviews I mentioned where the pictures were disabled was gapearl's review of a Journey's cruise she did a few years ago, but am now able to see her pictures again now that I uploaded that fix.

Since I don't do a lot of 3rd party photo hosting, I just kept my basic Photobucket memembership, which automatically renews every year and that's mainly to take advantage of some of their discounted offers on the canvas prints (good quality, btw) and other items available. Are they now allowing the 3rd party hosting for their lower priced memberships? I haven't really gone into the site recently to see. TIA!

His reviews would be even more awesome if he would just try playing some black jack and drinking thirsty frog reds on one cruise. Come on Jeff, do it for us! :D:D:D:D:D LOL

That's a GREAT idea Carl! I think I'll try that on our next cruise! :D

I greatly miss GA Pearl and Wrigly, as well as Mike and Tracy. They wrote fantastic reviews ! I am sad that GAPearl dropped her membership to CC, as I think someone said. I hope she did ‘t get anything negative that hurt her. I do hope she heals quickly. I also loved a reviewer from way back called Italianfemmy. She was a photographer and her pictures were excellent . Does anyone know what happened to her ?

I am so thankful for Jamman’s reviews , which are fabulous ! There are some other reviewers I am just discovering, but I still miss the old ones.

I am not as interested in drink photos and info about drinks, since we don’t drink , but I love hearing the pros and cons of each ship and getting info about the different ports.

To everyone who takes the time to do reviews, thank you. I really enjoy reading them.

Also, the flight attendant from Georgia who then moved to Las Vegas. She wrote fantastic reviews. Then there's the gal (Pat?) who used to always sail with her parents and sometimes just her dad. She was a travel agent, as well. Her dad passed away a couple of years ago and it was just devastating. I haven't seen her since.

Actually I believe you are talking about Brianna, aka Bri - she has the chicken hat Pedro :) she has been super busy with her travel agent business among some other things, but she posts on FB a lot, I'm friends with her :) I got to go on a cruise with her just this past April actually! First time i got to meet her in person. Had a blast!! She is awesome

I still have Photobucket, but only the lowest tier package. I remember last year when links to pictures in CC members' reviews were disabled and pictures from some member reviews that I enjoyed and have reread disappeared and only the Photobucket logo was showing. Around that time, someone posted a "fix" on under the CC "Photo and Camera" discussion boards, which several of us uploaded and voila, we could see those pictures again. One of those reviews I mentioned where the pictures were disabled was gapearl's review of a Journey's cruise she did a few years ago, but am now able to see her pictures again now that I uploaded that fix.

Since I don't do a lot of 3rd party photo hosting, I just kept my basic Photobucket memembership, which automatically renews every year and that's mainly to take advantage of some of their discounted offers on the canvas prints (good quality, btw) and other items available. Are they now allowing the 3rd party hosting for their lower priced memberships? I haven't really gone into the site recently to see. TIA!

Indeed. At least all my pictures are still working on all my old reviews and I just did a more recent one three weeks ago and they show.

Nostalgic Carnival Ecstasy Cruise from 2000

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise from December 2012 Live report

Carnival Sensation and Carnival Freedom from 2012. B2B Cruise

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas from 2012

Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas from 2013

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas from 2013

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas from 2013

Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas from 2017

Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas from 2018

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Thank you! It's been three years since we cruised and I need a cruise fix, so thank you for the links to your reviews. :)

Thank you! It's been three years since we cruised and I need a cruise fix, so thank you for the links to your reviews. :)

Dry spells from cruising can be tough. I didn’t cruise from 2014 until 2016, was tough. And then took a break from cc. Though many of those cruises once I got back on ships again during 2016 I didn’t do live reviews again until last November. Hope you’re able to book a cruise again soon. I find I have to keep reading reviews and lives to get me by until the next cruise. [emoji3]

Dry spells from cruising can be tough. I didn’t cruise from 2014 until 2016, was tough. And then took a break from cc. Though many of those cruises once I got back on ships again during 2016 I didn’t do live reviews again until last November. Hope you’re able to book a cruise again soon. I find I have to keep reading reviews and lives to get me by until the next cruise. [emoji3]

I'm actually reading your Harmony OTS review now and have to tell you I'm really enjoying it, and your sense of humor. I've laughed out loud a few times already. Reading reviews also helps me get by, and also gives me ideas for possibilities in the future. A friend of mine was on Harmony OTS earlier this year and loved it.

We cruised three years in a row, 2013 - 2015, but we're in that dry spell. I can't complain though since we did go to NOLA to celebrate a friend's milestone birthday this past May and had just as much fun as we would on a cruise. There are a couple of cruises we're considering, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm actually reading your Harmony OTS review now and have to tell you I'm really enjoying it, and your sense of humor. I've laughed out loud a few times already. Reading reviews also helps me get by, and also gives me ideas for possibilities in the future. A friend of mine was on Harmony OTS earlier this year and loved it.

We cruised three years in a row, 2013 - 2015, but we're in that dry spell. I can't complain though since we did go to NOLA to celebrate a friend's milestone birthday this past May and had just as much fun as we would on a cruise. There are a couple of cruises we're considering, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh I love the Harmony of the seas, by far my most favorite ship. I’m really kicking myself now though that I didn’t do a live review the first time I sailed on her last year. Was still in my cc hiatus then sort of.

Kinda pick a cruise and date even if you don’t officially book it yet. Having those future cruises to look at really help. One of these years I’ll jump back on a Carnival ship, though one of their newer ships, but looks like it won’t be until 2020 as all my 2019 cruises are sort of figured out and I can’t jump ship back to Carnival yet as I’m only a few points away from Diamond Plus after my November cruise. And so far my first two cruises of next year are complementary.

Needs to be more vacation time in a year so one can go on more cruises. [emoji3][emoji568]