Bernards Tours/Amigo Tours

dividedsky

Did Bernard’s about two weeks ago....great tour.

SXM not in great shape, but they did a really good job showing the island, explaining what happened and the recovery efforts, and didn’t hide anything. Worth every penny.

Can you list some of the sights you saw and if there was any flexibility in the itinerary. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you list some of the sights you saw and if there was any flexibility in the itinerary. Thanks in advance

We did the "Tour 2", which is the longer of the two provided.

We made extended stops at the lookout point by Oyster Pond, Orient Beach (about 10-15 minutes), made an extended swim/beach stop at Friars Bay Beach (about 90 minutes), Marigot market (30 minutes), Maho Beach/airport (30-40 minutes, my wife and I had a quick lunch here) and then a 10-15 minute stop at a French bakery in Cole Bay I believe, because quite a few people wanted to stop and grab some pastries.. I think that was it for the major stops, there were a few other very quick stops for viewpoints and guide information.

Not much flexibility as far as where the tour went...the itinerary was pretty set out. We made a stop at the temporary iguana farm but no one really wanted to get out for pictures so we just left.

We got lots of information about the island itself, the history, and of course what has happened since Irma.

I would say that if you think you'll be at all uncomfortable with scenes of destruction, a full island tour where you witness a lot of it first hand may not be for you.

I love St Maarten, it's one of my favorite places I've been (if not my #1). The resilience of its people made me love it even more.

We are going back in November on Adventure, and we decided that we want to do the Bernard's tour again.

I did end up booking the #2 tour through them for our cruise in May.

Do you remember what time the tour was over, was it near the 2:30 time they post on their site?

Yes, for us it was pretty punctual. It may have gone over slightly, but not too much.

We are going to visit for a day in June. Since there is a number of us, we have booked a private tour I contacted 3 companies and decided to use Joyce Prince Tours. We are building our own tour. We have 5 children and the rest adults. Looking fun ideas for the day. Thanks

We did the "Tour 2", which is the longer of the two provided.

We made extended stops at the lookout point by Oyster Pond, Orient Beach (about 10-15 minutes), made an extended swim/beach stop at Friars Bay Beach (about 90 minutes), Marigot market (30 minutes), Maho Beach/airport (30-40 minutes, my wife and I had a quick lunch here) and then a 10-15 minute stop at a French bakery in Cole Bay I believe, because quite a few people wanted to stop and grab some pastries.. I think that was it for the major stops, there were a few other very quick stops for viewpoints and guide information.

Not much flexibility as far as where the tour went...the itinerary was pretty set out. We made a stop at the temporary iguana farm but no one really wanted to get out for pictures so we just left.

We got lots of information about the island itself, the history, and of course what has happened since Irma.

I would say that if you think you'll be at all uncomfortable with scenes of destruction, a full island tour where you witness a lot of it first hand may not be for you.

I love St Maarten, it's one of my favorite places I've been (if not my #1). The resilience of its people made me love it even more.

We are going back in November on Adventure, and we decided that we want to do the Bernard's tour again.

Thanks. We love staying at Anse Marcel and eating in Grand Case. I wanted to view them firsthand to assess when they may reopen the hotels, hoping for next year. It is difficult to find someone to drive us to these locations (and a few more) at a fair price. We are only interested in a driving tour with very short stops. Thought about renting a car but want to stop in Phillipsburg for lunch and didn’t want to deal with parking and driving back to pier after “a few” drinks. Hoping to find something at the taxi stand upon arrival in 2 weeks.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We are going to visit for a day in June. Since there is a number of us, we have booked a private tour I contacted 3 companies and decided to use Joyce Prince Tours. We are building our own tour. We have 5 children and the rest adults. Looking fun ideas for the day. Thanks

We used Joyce in 2011. She was a great guide. We are going back this year and may use her again.

Just got back and did a private tour with Bernards that was booked before the Hurricane......I was concerned that it would be a total waste of money, but Daniel did a great job showing us the island. While it's true, there is not much left to see except for the aftermath, we were glad to help out a little with our few tourist dollars. We were shown the French/ Dutch borders, Orient Beach, we spent a few hours at the market doing some shopping, several scenic photo stops , and spent a few hours at Maho Beach. It ended up being an enjoyable tour thanks to Bernards!