How to Book With Blexie

Thomasomatic

Hey all,

After reading the positive reviews here on CC, I am trying to arrange a tour with the oft mentioned Blexie...

I have gotten from point A to point B, but can't seem to get to point C as illustrated here:

Hello, my name is Thomas and I am interested in information about the different tours you offer. My wife and I will be arriving on the Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas on Friday May 18th for two days. I have read good reviews on cruisecritic.com

Thank you,

Thomas!

Hi:

I'm glad to know that my service deserves your attention.

The cost of the Havana tour is 130 CUC total (not per person).It includes transportation in a classic car and tour guide service.It is recommended to take extra money for lunch and also in case you want to buy rum, coffee, cigars, handcrafts etc.

The tour would last for 6 hours, normally starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm.

Since you will be traveling under certain restrictions ,you will have to use "supporting the Cuban people" that way will be able to do a private tour (with us) to support Cuban private entrepreneurs.You can also get a copy of the itinerary from Facebook:"Blexie-Havana Tours".

You will be picked up just outside of the terminal where the crosswalk is.You will only need to walk outside and cross the street to meet us.We will be holding a sign with your name on.

If there is something else you need to knows about the tour just ask.It wil be my pleasure giving you all the information you need.

Blexie

Hello again and thank you for your reply. I have looked at your Facebook and it looks great!

My wife and I would like to sign up for your tour on Friday, May 18.

We are scheduled to arrive at 8am on the Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas.

Please let me know what I need to do to make this reservation with you.

Also, we would like to know if you offer more than one tour because we will also be in Havana on Saturday, May 19.

Thank you,

Thomas!

Hi:

The cost of the Havana tour is 130 CUC total (not per person).It includes transportation in a classic car and tour guide service.It is recommended to take extra money for lunch and also in case you want to buy rum, coffee, cigars, handcrafts etc.

The tour would last for 6 hours, normally starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm.

Since you will be traveling under certain restrictions ,you will have to use "supporting the Cuban people" that way will be able to do a private tour (with us) to support Cuban private entrepreneurs.You can also get a copy of the itinerary from Facebook:"Blexie-Havana Tours".

You will be picked up just outside of the terminal where the crosswalk is.You will only need to walk outside and cross the street to meet us.We will be holding a sign with your name on.

If there is something else you need to knows about the tour just ask.It wil be my pleasure giving you all the information you need.

Blexie

So, to those who have successfully booked with Blexie, How did you get it finalized?!?

Thanks,

T!

Hey all,

After reading the positive reviews here on CC, I am trying to arrange a tour with the oft mentioned Blexie...

I have gotten from point A to point B, but can't seem to get to point C as illustrated here:

Hello, my name is Thomas and I am interested in information about the different tours you offer. My wife and I will be arriving on the Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas on Friday May 18th for two days. I have read good reviews on cruisecritic.com

Thank you,

Thomas!

Hi:

Blexie

Hello again and thank you for your reply. I have looked at your Facebook and it looks great!

My wife and I would like to sign up for your tour on Friday, May 18.

We are scheduled to arrive at 8am on the Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas.

Please let me know what I need to do to make this reservation with you.

Also, we would like to know if you offer more than one tour because we will also be in Havana on Saturday, May 19.

Thank you,

Thomas!

Hi:

Blexie

So, to those who have successfully booked with Blexie, How did you get it finalized?!?

Thanks,

T!

I think he may be getting overwhelmed with requests. My understanding is that their internet is not reliable so he may be challenged keeping up. I booked him for a June cruise. I reached out and booked about 4 months ago. I specifically asked for a confirmation and he confirmed with our guides name. I have reached out recently to potentially add a second tour for day 2 and now I can’t seem to get any response.

Keep your emails short and to the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed him last week or so, got the same canned response. Then I wrote back with a few specific questions and he replied within a day or two. From what I have been reading here and on TA, once you hear from him, you have a spot. I do like the idea of asking for guide name though!

We just spent 10 hours with him on Monday . His internet is not the best and very costly to him Also try to use gmail it seems to work better . We where a bit worried BUT he was there and 1 other person for another couple on the ship had another person who works for him . You will be happy that you used him . Anything else post and I will answer

We just spent 10 hours with him on Monday . His internet is not the best and very costly to him Also try to use gmail it seems to work better . We where a bit worried BUT he was there and 1 other person for another couple on the ship had another person who works for him . You will be happy that you used him . Anything else post and I will answer

Were you able to change things up on the tour? My husband has a bit of trouble walking and I was wondering about the first part of the tour - walking for 1 hour and 40 minutes, not sure that's doable or it may be doable but at a very slow pace.

Did you do a cigar factory tour? Was there any part of the Blexie tour you would have rather not done? How was the lunch? Do you choose where you go or does he take you to a usual spot? Thanks!

He will do anything you want. He would ask if we want to see things before he took us to certain things On lunch we just had a light one I forget where we went but most are Paladars On the cigar factory tour there is a charge and they do not sell them there so we did not go

I would say tell him you want to walk then ride then walk . Can always sit for a while have a beer and relax

How much did he charge for 10 hours?

How much did you tip him?

Where all did you go?

I am with him in June :)

Thanks!!

Go to his face book page and the normal tour is there but we added a lot If you are not going to dinner 10 hours is a lot and that include driving us to the Tropicana. If you are going to that make sure you buy tickets on line in advance online

• 4 weeks later...
That is finalized.. he says will be meet you outside the terminal :) You can not pay him until you get there.

I have a tour with him the first week of June :)

Please be sure to report back to us! Thank you!

I also emailed Blexie and received the same email back as the original poster. The only difference is that he included the name of the guide.

I sent an email back with some questions as there are some changes we'd like to make to the itinerary. In that email I did say I was confirming that I wanted to do the tour. I have not heard back. Should I take it that we are booked?

I also emailed Blexie and received the same email back as the original poster. The only difference is that he included the name of the guide.

I sent an email back with some questions as there are some changes we'd like to make to the itinerary. In that email I did say I was confirming that I wanted to do the tour. I have not heard back. Should I take it that we are booked?

I also emailed Blexie...got the standard reply a day later. Wrote again asking for a tour confirmation and a day or two after that I received a reply indicating that the email served as my confirmation. He also said our tour guide would be Raul.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I received an email from him with the price and directions on how to find his tour on Facebook. Asked him a few questions and he answered with a confirmation email copied below.

Hi:

Consider your tour booked.I will serve as your guide.I will meet you just outside the terminal across the street with a sign with your name on.

No deposit is needed.You will pay in cash once the tour is finished.There is an exchange office in the terminal .You can pay for the tour in USD as well as for lunch and cigars.Anything else is in CUC.

USdollars are penalized here 13% so the cost of the tour would be 150 usd instead.

Blexie

Sounds like I’m confirmed...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email from him with the price and directions on how to find his tour on Facebook. Asked him a few questions and he answered with a confirmation email copied below.

Hi:

Consider your tour booked.I will serve as your guide.I will meet you just outside the terminal across the street with a sign with your name on.

No deposit is needed.You will pay in cash once the tour is finished.There is an exchange office in the terminal .You can pay for the tour in USD as well as for lunch and cigars.Anything else is in CUC.

USdollars are penalized here 13% so the cost of the tour would be 150 usd instead.

Blexie

Sounds like I’m confirmed...

Yes you are Have a great time we did

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMErsaCccfV9WFJt-mZQnYJJrRAedkfFIPd5LS_gdVihHPoRRZY7E2BXLlWWc5Psw?key=VGZEZTZMQmRKUFlIUWo3RmxOZ1Z1UmhLanJYVnl3

• 2 weeks later...

Your email confirmation from Blexie is his firm confirmation of your reservation. He or his assigned guide will be in the small park across from the port terminal holding a sign with your name.

Do not hesitate to book with Blexie! He was an outstanding guide and great fun to spend a day with! While we had Blexie himself as our guide along with a driver, Blexie has several other associate guides and the day we were there this week (June 6) he had 7 other guides out with passengers from our ship.

When emailing just let him know what you’d like to see. His basic itinerary is on his Facebook page at Blexie-Havana tours. You will love spending a day with Blexie!

Good to know! We have Bill in two weeks!

You will like Bill, I had him this week.. Tell him the crazy cat lady from NC said Hi, I suspect he will know who you mean :)

Just FYI he is also an air traffic controller for his regular job, His Engish is excellent and his knowledge of the history of Cuba is really good.

Don't get to the meeting place super early, they won't be there until 10 minutes or so before the meeting time holding up a big sign with your name.

The car you will be in, if you have the same driver, is a 1956 in perfect condition.

Have a good time!!

Alana