Cheers Evaluator Spreadsheet

cruise4kicks

After working on this for about a month, I think I'm ready to go live!

ATTACHED IS A **NEW** CHEERS EVALUATOR SPREADSHEET

It is in Excel *.xls format

To help you determine if Cheers may be a good value for you:

1. Download the spreadsheet
  2. Enter your Cruise Length (C1) and number of Sea Days (C2). NOTE: If you are cruising from Galveston or New York, enter one day less for Cruise Length. Cheers does not become active until your first full day; you are only charged for the remaining days. For example, for cruises 7 days in length, enter 6.
  3. The Cheers! package price which is pre-loaded (C3) is the pre-cruise purchase price and includes the automatic 15% gratuity.
  4. The only other items you need to enter are the desired number of each beverage for each sea and port day. Everything else calculates automatically. Keep an eye on the Worth It? box (F2-3) -- it will turn green if your anticipated consumption exceeds the cost of Cheers.

All drinks listed are included in the Cheers package.

I cannot claim the spreadsheet setup as my own. A user name Kelly Mohr originally created this spreadsheet for Princess. I have simply updated it for Carnival. MUCH THANKS to user Carol Jones for providing recent bar menus!

The major change from Kelly's organization scheme is that I have grouped drinks available by bar. If you're like me, you know where you're likely to hang out and want to know what's offered there.

Prices and selection given are for Carnival Vista. You can assume price/selection will be pretty consistent across the fleet.

I have tried to use the most up-to-date information available. If I know the date of the menu from which the prices/selection were taken, it is listed by the venue name. For those without a date, I have cross-referenced from recent menus to try to provide the most up-to-date guess.

**If you have information to update this tool, please post it here! I'll be happy to provide updates as long as I can.**

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-07-28.xls

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow that is really great. I am not booking with Carnival until at least September 2019. I wish it was in an editable format so I could save it as a document and use as a reference when I was closer to booking. Thank you for putting that together.

Any way we can convert this to Google Sheets? Much easier to use (and doesn't require Excel)

I'm not familiar with Google Sheets? I checked, and that's not one of the "Save As" file format options in Excel.

However...

You could download Open Office, a free MS-like office suite, from www.openoffice.org. I've always had good experience using MS-based files in Open Office programs.

Any way we can convert this to Google Sheets? Much easier to use (and doesn't require Excel)

I have only open this on my phone and haven't spent much time looking at it, but couldn't you do a copy paste into a Google sheet? I transition things back and forth and spreadsheet to Google Sheets in my job often...

Thanks for the shout out. We cruise again in December. We haven’t purchased Cheers before, but I think I will look into it and see if it works for us. Thank you!

Carol, I'm so glad you saw this post!

We are on the Vista Dec. 9th. Any chance you're on the same sailing?

This is a great tool, and I have been playing with it all night. Good information, thanks for working on it and sharing. I noticed that there wasn't a list for the Steakhouse.... I found another user's post for the steakhouse menu on Breeze, and I am assuming they are the same.

Steakhouse Bar Menu

Cocktails

Classic Martini, Old Fashioned, Pomegranate Martini, Cosmopolitan, Manhattan: $10.50

Highland Smash, Mademoiselle, Sidecar, Negroni, Caribbean Passion: $10.25

Spirits

Cognac: Hennessy Paradis $60 (no Cheers), Hennessy X.O $14.95, Hennessy James Hennessy $14.95, D'usse VSOP $9.95, Hennessy White, $9.95, Hennessy Black $9.95, Hennessy VS, $7.75

Whiskey

Templeton Rye $9.25, Blanton's Bourbon $9.25, The Duke $8.75, Woodford Reserve $8.75, Buffalo Trace $8.25, Gentleman Jack $8.25, Jameson 'Caskmates' $7.95, Jack Daniel's $7.50, Jack Daniel's Honey $7.50, Crown Royal $7.50, Jameson $7.50.

Blended Scotch

Chevas Royal Salute $16.95, Chivas Regal, 18 $9.50, Dewar's, 12 $7.95, Chivas Regal $7.95, Dewar's "White Label" $6.75

Will continue on second page...

Wines By the Glass

(No information)

Edited by SkyPiglet
  • Like 1

Steakhouse Bar Menu, continued...

Single Malt Scotch

Abefeldy, 18 $11, Macallan Select Oak $11.00, Highland Park, 12 $11.00, Ardbeg, 10 $10.50, Glen Deveron, 16 $9.95, Glenlivit, Founder's Reserve $9.50, Aberfeldy, 12 $8.95, Glenmorangie, 10 $8.95

Gin

Hendrick's $7.95, Bombay Spaphire $7.25, Bulldog $7.25, Ford's $7.25

Vodka

Gey Goose VX $17.00, Grey Goose $7.95, Belvedere $7.95, Tito's $7.25, Absolut $7.25

Rum

Zaya $9.00, Santa Teresa 1796 $8.50, Bacadri 8 $7.95, Bacardi, Maestro de Ron $7.50, Appleton Estate $7.25, Bacardi Superior, Bacardi Oakheart $7.25, Brugal Anejo $7.25, Cana Brava $7.25

Tequila

Patron, Anejo $13.95, Patron, Reposado $11.95, Patron, Silver $10.95, Avion, Silver $9.95, 1800, Anejo $9.95, Herradura, Reposado $6.95, Herradura, Silver $6.95, Cazadores, Reposado $6.95

• Like 1

Steakhouse Bar Menu, continued...

Cordials

Aperol $6.50, Campari $6.50, Chambord$6.95, Disaronno Amaretto$6.95, Drambule$6.95, Frangelico$6.50, Grand Marnier $7.50, Irish Cream$6.95, Kahlua$6.50, Villa Massa Limoncello$6.95, Patron XO Cafe$6.95, Sambuca$6.50, Tia Maria$6.50

WHEW... I can truly appreciate how much work it is to create, or even transcribe a list like the one you gave. These are the 2018 Steakhouse bar prices for Breeze. Thanks for the spreadsheet, and now here is the steakhouse information... if you wanted it :)

I have Google Sheets on my phone, and when I opened his file it came up perfectly and it let me save it in Google Sheets format, then I was able to open it on my PC. :)

Edited by christyran1228

LATEST UPDATE (2018-07-29) ATTACHED.

THANK YOU, SKYPIGLET!!!

The Standard Bar Menu could really use some work. Anyone?

Also, it doesn't look to me like the Library Bar really has anything besides the enomatic wine dispensers. Anyone?

Anyone have an updated list of wines by the glass?

Carnival Vista Cheers Evaluator 2018-07-29.xls

Thanks again for posting this. I just got around to importing my guesses. I was shocked to find out that it would absolutely be worth it for me. Now waiting for hubs to get home to see if it makes sense for him...

One question... Is it safe to assume that the craft beer on the Horizon would be about the same price as the Frog Pub price estimates on the spreadsheet?

I originally saw this on a Princess cruise thread. I was going to update this when I got back from my Carnival Splendor cruise coming up here in Aug. My DW is back and forth about getting Cheers I know we are right on the bubble. However, one week she is like i'm leaning toward getting it, I am like ok. Then the following week she is like you know what?....I don't think I want to get Cheers because its two weeks that we have to drink:eek:. We booked this cruise about 540+ days out so you can imagine how I feel one week we are getting Cheers the next week we are not. I'm just like I don't care which way just let me know when you have made your "FINAL" decision. So Cruise4kicks thank you so much for this maybe my DW can make a final decision once and for all....LOL