To:Those just back from GC on Carnival...

MyDusty

I know carnival used to offer a Seven Mile Beach Break at the Colony Beach Club. Since that building was destroyed, is Carnival offering something similar at another club? We will have 3 adults and 2 children and want to sit and relax, snorkle and enjoy water toys. Any suggestions?

Since we already had plans made with Soto's, I didn't really check out what excursions they were offering.:( But I'm sure they've got something similar to that to offer you. You could call Carnival and just ask them. I have heard that the Westin hotel has a nice beach area right on 7 mile beach. Many CCers have reported just walking thru the lobby and right out onto the beach without a problem. They have lots of beach toys, food, restrooms, etc, but it's not an all inclusive. I've also heard that Seagrape beach is pretty nice too. You might do a search on it here at Cruise Critic and see what you come up with. The question of what beach is the best at Grand Cayman comes up often here so you should get some beach info. if you do a search.

Please see my earlier post about our recent tour and personal views on Grand Cayman on the RCCL Grand Cayman in port. I am afraid the beach, availability and services are limited due to the damage. At one time during Ivan, the whole island was under water! They still do not have 100% restoration of electricity.

Bon Voyage

I know carnival used to offer a Seven Mile Beach Break at the Colony Beach Club. Since that building was destroyed, is Carnival offering something similar at another club? We will have 3 adults and 2 children and want to sit and relax, snorkle and enjoy water toys. Any suggestions?

I don't know if the building was destroyed or not, but the excursion was still listed on Carnival's shore excursions and was available to book ($21pp + cab fare each way). Colony Beach Club was still listed as the destination.

The restrictions on tourists flying to the island as a destination is being lifted in a few days. While a number of properties was still recovering, there will certainly be some that are open for business.

I know that you can pretty much just plop down anywhere on the beach but I like the idea of having a "desintation." So I will just wait til on board and try to book the beach break. Thanks again. P.S. I did call Carnival and they said it was offered at the Beach Colony. But I have seen photos and the whole 2nd floor is GONE! Maybe they HAVE rebuilt it this fast.

Archived