Voyages of Antiquity: New line

Martita B.

Chairsin

Actually, this new cruise ship will be perfect for you and Sailor Boy. You can "google" Voyages To Antiquity For a brochure an e-mail is provided on the web site.

It is owned, as I mentioned by Gerry Herrod who worked with Deborah Natansohn when she headed the Orient Line (before she became Pres. of Seabourn) It's a small ship and will be in the Med.

as I understand. Only the one ship. And, I think, air is included.

I'm interested ~~

MB

Marita,

Actually, it is not a new cruise ship, only a new cruise line. It is the old Aegean of the Seas, I believe, which was originally built in the 70s and is being extensively renovated, including reducing passenger capacity from 570 to 380. You'll be interested to know the tonnage is just over 11,000, slightly bigger than the SB triplets which only carry 200 passengers. Still, it's nice to have another alternative.

Sorry....I meant to write new line. Evidently Mr. Herrod has been in the cruise industry a long time and knows his "business."

I'm just interested in learning more about the ship and also to seeing pictures.

As I don't plan to fly to Asia or Africa to sail on the Seabourn Sister's I'm just looking for other small ships. I may be sailing Silversea next year.

MB

...is the actual name I think, ship is Aegean Odyssey. Sounds like they will be starting up next April. Sounds really great actually, according to this piece:

http://thecruisepeople.ca/cruiseblog/?p=572 (look further down the article.)

Open seating, wine with dinner and tips included!

• 2 weeks later...

I requested a brochure and received it yesterday. Looks like a very interesting line. The focus is on culture and history. Very interesting itineraries. We are considering two, Rome to Venice in summer, and/or Cairo to Athens in fall.

This line is not for those who love sea days, for sure.

Jorge Z

• 4 weeks later...
...is the actual name I think, ship is Aegean Odyssey. Sounds like they will be starting up next April. Sounds really great actually, according to this piece:

http://thecruisepeople.ca/cruiseblog/?p=572 (look further down the article.)

Open seating, wine with dinner and tips included!

Thanks for the link.

It is good to see that they are going to have a number of single cabins.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have just booked with a new line http://www.ponant.com , I wanted a change of scenery,luxury and a SMALL, NEW SHIP.

We will be cruising on this the first of two sister ships to hit the lux market, Le Boreal, and I must say I have had excellent service throughout my booking thus far.The company has previously only catered to a french market, which is why I've not seen it before, but my travel agent tells me that lux agents Abercrombie and Kent will be taking the ship to the Antarctic. The ship looks amazing and we will be visiting the Monaco grand prix, cannes film festival and venice to name a few!

I looked elsewhere because I just wasn't getting that excited with Seabourn and had recieved such bad customer service from booking with Silversea that I decided to cancel. So I am hoping this new brand will inspire me, it is a little more expensive than SB for a comparible sized cabin, but wine with meals and soft drinks, tea, coffee etc anytime are included, so hopefully we will be impressed!

• 1 month later...
Hi, I have just booked with a new line www.ponant.com , I wanted a change of scenery,luxury and a SMALL, NEW SHIP.

We will be cruising on this the first of two sister ships to hit the lux market, Le Boreal, and I must say I have had excellent service throughout my booking thus far.The company has previously only catered to a french market, which is why I've not seen it before, but my travel agent tells me that lux agents Abercrombie and Kent will be taking the ship to the Antarctic. The ship looks amazing and we will be visiting the Monaco grand prix, cannes film festival and venice to name a few!

I looked elsewhere because I just wasn't getting that excited with Seabourn and had recieved such bad customer service from booking with Silversea that I decided to cancel. So I am hoping this new brand will inspire me, it is a little more expensive than SB for a comparible sized cabin, but wine with meals and soft drinks, tea, coffee etc anytime are included, so hopefully we will be impressed!

Hi Tilly,

I too will be on the cruise from Nice to Venice taking in the Formula 1 in Monaco & the film festival in Cannes.

So looking forward to trying a new cruise liner. Hope to catch up with you on board.

I found this online the other day http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=sOzI266bmBA&feature=related have a look. It is all in French, but it will show you a little around the ship.

Guest cadd4u

My parents are on the May 3 sailing and their friends on the September 7 sailing and quite a few of their friends from their senior development are considering some of the others so since they are computer illiterate I have been doing all the calling and research. I wish I could do it - just time wise alone I can't be away 16 days - but what I know it's going to be fabulous if you are interested in immersing yourself in culture or are a history buff.

Hi Tilly,

I too will be on the cruise from Nice to Venice taking in the Formula 1 in Monaco & the film festival in Cannes.

So looking forward to trying a new cruise liner. Hope to catch up with you on board.

I found this online the other day http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=sOzI266bmBA&feature=related have a look. It is all in French, but it will show you a little around the ship.

Hi Missimoo,

It is all getting really exciting now! I cant wait for ponant to release the photos of the interior.

We have just got our GP tickets organised, and I have just recieved a launch pack for le boreal from our friend who works for them in the uk. It all looks very nice, lets hope its as good as Seabourn/Crystal.

Hope to speak to you soon.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived