Luxury without formalities

ltcTN

What you really have to think about is tradeoffs. Sea Dream ships are extremely small at only 100 passengers. And at night the entertainment is essentially the dinner. I am not saying that is a problem but I know many people who we sail with on luxury cruise lines who would not feel comfortable on such as small ship.

There are other cruise lines that offer some alternatives. For example, on Silversea on Formal night you can dine in the specialty restaurant in informal (eg, sports jacket) and not in formal attire. The same is true for a few other lines. Some of the luxury lines provide the ability to order a course by course meal in your cabin which could be another alternative.

Anyway, I just wanted you to realize that there are tradeoffs and when someone says they want to sail on a small ship for some Sea Dream is not a small ship but a tiny ship.

Keith

Regent is the right size, and generally very relaxed. But it still has the odd formal night. There's a poll going over on the Regent board here now asking about changing that--overwhelming sentiment is to move to "elegant casual" all the time. We'll see how that plays out.

Meanwhile, many of their 7-day itineraries have no formal requirement at all.

Regent is the right size, and generally very relaxed. But it still has the odd formal night. There's a poll going over on the Regent board here now asking about changing that--overwhelming sentiment is to move to "elegant casual" all the time. We'll see how that plays out.

Meanwhile, many of their 7-day itineraries have no formal requirement at all.

I guess if that's what its clients want that's great. I don't think the cruise lines need to copy each other.

I hope that Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea continue to have formal nights. For us it's a real treat.

Keith

Looking for small to mid size ship luxury cruise that does not have a formal requirement?

define small to mid size?

Though Oceania is not considered Luxury to me it is small by my definition but others may find it mid size.

Seadream is very small... more private yacht category to me

It is all about perceptions;)

lyn

I think we should let the OP come back if there are questions.

I agree with WriPro (even though I was one of the ones who tried to give alternatives)

There is only one crusie line SeaDream that is truly luxury and and falls into the category of small to mid size ship.

The OP needs to do some homework and if that ship is too small for them then we can provide alternatives but those alternatives are not casual and do have some formality if we are talking luxury cruise lines.

If the OP wants lines that fall into the Premium Classification we can provide ideas as well. But Oceania is not Luxury. It falls into the Premium level.

So, here is my advice. The OP now has the answer and as they say the ball is in their court as to whether or not there are additional questions.

Keith

The OP can also consider Le Ponant or Le Levant as a small, luxury cruise alternative. They are often chartered by Tauck Tours. I sailed Le Ponant in the Med several years back. Wonderful experience, and true luxury.

Host Dan

Keith,

You are right that the OP should do some research. It may very well be that Oceania or Azamara will fit their needs depending on what their definition of luxury is.

Dan,

Are Le Ponant and Le Levant all inclusive? They are certainly beautiful vessels but talk about small!

Keith,

You are right that the OP should do some research. It may very well be that Oceania or Azamara will fit their needs depending on what their definition of luxury is.

Dan,

Are Le Ponant and Le Levant all inclusive? They are certainly beautiful vessels but talk about small!

Wripro,

They serve wine with dinner, and soft drinks etc are included.

Host Dan

Yes, small but gorgeous experience...

Archived