Tour of Maritimes & Newfoundland ?

There is a ferry between Bar Harbor, Maine and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. Then, from Sidney, Nova Scotia to Newfoundland. There is also a ferry between Newfoundland and Labrador but I don't know any ferry that go from Labrador to Anticosti island (there may be one though, I just don't know). Maybe you could fly up there from the Quebec Province instead of Labrador?

My suggestions for your trip. Bar Harbor has a great National Park. Nova Scotia: Halifax is a very nice city (especially if you like History), Louisbourg Fortress is a nice place and Cabot Trail is not to be missed for its scenery. Never been to Newfoundland, I can't comment. Labrador is cold but it's nice to go as upnorth as that at least once in a lifetime, i didn't stay there very long but I liked it for camping and quiet spots, the trucks they have out there for the mines are HUGE!!! On the road from Labrador to Quebec, don't forget to stop at the Manic 5 hydroelectricity barrage, it's a great visit. On your way back to Ontario, don't forget to stop in Quebec City, especially if you've never seen it, it's one of the best cities of our country (especially in summer or, even better, on a nice fall day). Sorry for this long post. If you have any question, feel free to ask (here or at jplamondon2001@hotmail.com making sure to write Cruise Critic in the subject or I may delete it by mistake).

Archived