Hotel AFTER the cruise??

ciship

We are trying to figure out what to do AFTER we debark our ship (Carnival Pride) in Long Beach? Our flights arent until that evening. We were thinking of just getting a local hotel room and hanging out at the pool for the day, but I've never known a hotel to let you check in before 3:00 p.m. which would be pointless.

Any suggestions?

2 thoughts..........rent a car for the day----plan what you want to do in advance, of course; sometimes the cruise line will have excursions at the "home" port so you might want to look into that. If you really just want a hotel room for the day, try calling a few to see if that would even be possible. If they say it's fine, get it in writing, so you have something to show them at "check-in". Good luck.

My suggestions would be to call the hotels and see if you can leave your luggage with them at the check in desk until you can check in later( we have done that on more than one occasion in different cities) and then go off and check out the Queen Mary which is docked right there at the cruise port and the new Long Beach Pike entertainment area they are developing the Aquarium of the Pacific is right there also and the shoreline village shopping areas. We usually have good weather here most the year. It all depends what you want to do. Then you could go to the hotel and check in and do the pool thing. Just leave yourself enough time to get to the airport on time. Are you going out of LAX ? You need 45 min. to an hour to be sure to get there in time in case of traffic jams, and I think LAX still requires you to be there 2 hours in advance of your flight to get thru ticketing and security. I would suggest a shuttle service to the airport rather than a taxi, they can get pretty pricey to go that distance. Any way have a good time.

Cori

Hi, me again. One more suggestion . Check out this web site , it is the site for the Long Beach Vistors and Convention Center. http://www.visitlongbeach.com

This site has lots of good information including taxi and shuttle services and there phone #s so you can just call and check it out. Pluse it will give you all the stuff you can check out while you are in town. Plus Maps. Hope this is of some help to you. Have a great cruise.

Cori

Cori.....yes, thank you so much for all the great help! I get what you mean about getting to LAX long before it's time. That will chew up a BIG part of the day. With Amtrak, you can check in practically as the train is heading out, so I'm not very worried about getting there early. I am guessing we will get off the Pride at BEST around 10:00 and at worst around noon. I'm spending this weekend checking into ALL the good info I've gotten from everyone.

ciship

Archived