Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Long Beach recently???

ciship

Just got booked through Priceline for the Hyatt in Long Beach. I have read some reviews on Trip Advisor, but have any cruisers stayed there recently??

Please let me know what you thought of it.

Also, does the hotel offer a shuttle to the Carnival cruise terminal at the Queen Mary?

cishhip;Live here in LB/Lakewood: Hi, I havn't stayed there recently but have been there for business and it is a nice hotel, good location, you should be happy there. Have a great cruise.

Cori

Cori.....thank you for your comments and response to my question.

I found out that there is a local shuttle called "The Passport" and it scudadles all over that hotel/port area and picks up at the Hyatt every 10/20 minutes or so. That will be really handy for some sightseeing and dining......and getting to the port of course.

Now....if I could just figure out my transportation from LAX to the Hyatt!!!

Haven't stayed there, but have done several conventions there (it is attached to the Long Beach Convention Center/Arts center complex. Beautiful Facility, nice people to work with. You might want to check and see what's going on there during your stay.

http://www.longbeachcc.com/calendar.htm

especially if you are there during mid April, as there is a big race that takes place all around the hotel. If the LB Symphon is playing it is well worth seeing

I think they hahve a shuttle to the ship, but you can call them at 562-491-1234 to make sure. enjoy

The Passport will get you around town just fine, but you will need a taxi to the port (don't think you can take the Passport to port with Luggage etc.)

The convention center always has something going on , you might check again closer to your date see if something shows up. The symphony is really quite good, you would enjoy it. The Queen Mary is always lots of fun. and the Aquarium is right there at the convention center also, and a new area they are developing with entertainment and restaurants it is called the Pike. When I was growing up here there was a Pike at the same area , now they are reviving that area.

Cori

The Passport will get you around town just fine, but you will need a taxi to the port (don't think you can take the Passport to port with Luggage etc.)

The convention center always has something going on , you might check again closer to your date see if something shows up. The symphony is really quite good, you would enjoy it. The Queen Mary is always lots of fun. and the Aquarium is right there at the convention center also, and a new area they are developing with entertainment and restaurants it is called the Pike. When I was growing up here there was a Pike at the same area , now they are reviving that area.

Cori

Bummer.....The Passport said it would deliver to the Queen Mary, so I figured that's all we needed. I can understand about all the luggage though. I'm sure a cab driver won't be very happy about driving a few blocks to drop us off at the QM. Hopefully, we can find one who will do it for us.

ciship: I could be wrong about the Passport and Luggage thing, check with the front desk of the Hyatt when you check in. And if they won't take you and luggage, getting a taxi to bring you should be no problem, just ask the front desk to set it up for you and see if you can get a flat rate. Really it should not be a problem, no worries :) Hope you enjoy your time here and have a great cruise. Our rain here seems to be over, and today it is 85 and sunny :)

Cori

ciship: I could be wrong about the Passport and Luggage thing, check with the front desk of the Hyatt when you check in. And if they won't take you and luggage, getting a taxi to bring you should be no problem, just ask the front desk to set it up for you and see if you can get a flat rate. Really it should not be a problem, no worries :) Hope you enjoy your time here and have a great cruise. Our rain here seems to be over, and today it is 85 and sunny :)

Cori

WOW, 85 and sunny! NO FAIR.......we are freezing here in the midwest. My heating bill is going to be sky high!!

I'm sure everything will work out when we get there. I hope you are having the same kind of weather in March!

Christi

Even though you can see the ship from the hotel it is across the bay. It is about 2 miles to the actual pier and is a $10 cab ride.

Steve Hayes

Bummer.....The Passport said it would deliver to the Queen Mary, so I figured that's all we needed. I can understand about all the luggage though. I'm sure a cab driver won't be very happy about driving a few blocks to drop us off at the QM. Hopefully, we can find one who will do it for us.

• 1 month later...
Even though you can see the ship from the hotel it is across the bay. It is about 2 miles to the actual pier and is a $10 cab ride.

Steve Hayes

$10 cab ride for all four of us? Or is that per person (sorry, I don't think I have been in a cab in 10 years or more).

I'm wondering if we can get all of us in a cab PLUS all our luggage??

Per cab NOT per person. As far as luggage goes it all depends on how much you have. Cabs run the gamut from small sedans to minivans.

Steve Hayes

$10 cab ride for all four of us? Or is that per person (sorry, I don't think I have been in a cab in 10 years or more).

I'm wondering if we can get all of us in a cab PLUS all our luggage??

Stayed there a couple of years ago when we returned from a Christmas cruise to Mexico. It was delightful. We were at the Westin going and the Hyatt returning. We had Christmas dinner on the Queen Mary and the Sunday buffet upon our return. Good location. Good transportation.

Stayed there a couple of years ago when we returned from a Christmas cruise to Mexico. It was delightful. We were at the Westin going and the Hyatt returning. We had Christmas dinner on the Queen Mary and the Sunday buffet upon our return. Good location. Good transportation.

SPINDRIFT,

What transportation did you take to and from the your hotels? Did you take the Passport shuttle or a taxi???

• 3 weeks later...

We're staying at the Hyatt. Can someone answer 2 questions for me?

1. We'll want to buy wine and rum before the cruise. Is there a place within walking distance from the Hyatt.

2. And ... where do you buy wine and liquor in CA? Is it the liquor store for liquor and a grocery store for wine?

We're staying at the Hyatt. Can someone answer 2 questions for me?

1. We'll want to buy wine and rum before the cruise. Is there a place within walking distance from the Hyatt.

2. And ... where do you buy wine and liquor in CA? Is it the liquor store for liquor and a grocery store for wine?

We stayed at the Hyatt last Sunday before our cruise on the awesome PRIDE!! Depending on how much you like to walk, my husband and son did all their pre-shopping by walking to some local little village stores. They also have the Passport shuttle bus that will take you everywhere.

Archived