Posted June 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Has anyone OR does anyone know if Carnival crew members DO or OFFER in room babysitting?
Not in-room, but at Camp Carnival:
We are 7 adults taking our 8 cruise and 1st with our grandson 15 months old at the time of cruising. We are planning a jolly roger rum excursion through the ship, which is roughly 4+ hours long, and trying to find out if the ship offers in room babysitting as our grandson is NOT old enough to say or go to camp carnival.
Sign in/Sign out Policy
Under 2 Child(Ages 6 Months to Under 24 Months)
General Information / Policies / Activities
Beepers / Telephone
- <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy. <LI style="COLOR: windowtext; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Children can only besigned in and out by the Parent/Legal Guardian and not by an authorized adult. <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1" class=MsoNormal>Theparent/legal guardian is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
- For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.
Beepers and cell phones
are available to Parents, complimentary, on a case by case basis
. Parents will be beeped /phoned if the child is misbehaving, ill, seriously unhappy, asking continuously for their parents and in case of an emergency. The beeper or telephone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign card if the beeper/telephone is lost, damaged or broken.
All childrenaged 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Carnival activities will be taken to a designated area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own and meet their child, accompanied by the Youth Staff, at their muster station. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to be part of Camp Carnival or take part of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.
Swimming Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Whirlpools
Children in diapers, swimming diapers or those who are not toilet trained are not permitted to use the pools/spray parks/
WaterWorks/whirlpools, due to United States Public Health Regulations.
The Camp Carnival Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment and inhalers are permitted in the playroom; these items will be kept in a designated area in the playroom
. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Carnival, the parents must return to administer the medication.
Children under-2 may not participate in the scheduled activities we offer to the other age groups. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.
Hours on Sea Days
Hours on Port Days
- <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>"Family Play Time" is scheduled from 12:00pm to 2:00pm (or 1:00pm to 3:00pm). <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>Only parents and their Under-2 child are permitted in the playroom to use the facilities that we have to offer in Camp Carnival.
- Parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Counselors. Note: There is a $6.00 per hour charge for this service (see “Babysitting”).
- <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Care for children under-2 is considered "Babysitting". Note: There is a $6.00 per hour charge for this service (see "Babysitting").
- On port day mornings, care for children under-2 begins from port arrival until 12:00 noon (or until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time).
- <LI style="tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo4" class=MsoNormal>Babysitting is provided for children under-2, nightly, from 10:00pm to 3:00am. Note: There is a $6.00 per hour charge for this service (see "Babysitting").
- Babysitting: From 10:00pm-3:00am each evening of the cruise.
Cruise Cat - Chuck
Co-Founder of the Proud Indulgent Rum And Tequilla Enjoyment Society
Carnival Breeze 10/30/2016 (Back and Better Than Ever!!!!)
Magic 2015, Magic-2014, Breeze-2013, Magic-2012,
Conquest-2011, Oasis B2B 2011, Conquest-2010, Ecstasy-2010,
Conquest-2009, Ecstasy-2009, Brilliance-2008, Miracle-2007, Conquest-2006,
Rhapsody-2005, Vision-2003, Rhapsody-2002, Inspiration-2001, Jubilee-1999