Internet Access (Not On-board) While Cruising

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:32 PM.
Outside St. Louis, MO
36 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Hi, all!

I know I saw a post to some forum somewhere by someone who mentioned the availability of temporary Internet access from an Alaskan ISP while cruising. For the life of me I can't find the post, nor anything similar. I'd prefer not to pay the on-board rate if I don't have to. I'm planning on taking my netbook with wireless capability.

Anybody know? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Liberty of the Seas 11/14
Celebrity Summit 11/12
Celebrity Millennium 8/10
Majesty of the Seas 03/08
MS Oosterdam 11/07
Serenade of the Seas 11/04
Golden Princess 3/03
Majesty of the Seas 3/98
Nordic Empress 3/96

Planning the next one. Who's for New Zealand?
USA
8,951 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
When you are crusing you are going to be at the mercy of the ship and their charges. I don't care what ISP you go to, they have to at somepoint go to the ship when it is sailing, either thru the ships local wifi/lan or thrue their cell network. The coverage of cellphone cards is limited and you can't access them unless in port.

If you must have your fix of internet I believe all the ports have internet cafes or even free wifi, try googling and you shall find

Good luck

Originally posted by aimelearning
Hi, all!

I know I saw a post to some forum somewhere by someone who mentioned the availability of temporary Internet access from an Alaskan ISP while cruising. For the life of me I can't find the post, nor anything similar. I'd prefer not to pay the on-board rate if I don't have to. I'm planning on taking my netbook with wireless capability.

Anybody know? Any ideas?

Thanks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess: 1999, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2015 Disney: 2000 Carnival:2005