Alaska Cruise Menu

HydroAngel831

I didn't notice anything new. I was disappointed that there were no Alaska King Crab legs. There was a crab leg appetizer on one non-formal night, but that was the night that there was over an hour wait to get into the Anytime Dining room so I gave up and went to the buffet (and there were no crab leg appetizers there:( ). I did enjoy the lobster tail and giant prawns on formal night!

We were on the Island Princess June 14-21 Voyage of the Glaciers this year. There were crab legs as an appetizer one evening. I think it was on one of the formal nights, but it was an appetizer selection not a "main meal". One formal night had delicious filet as one of the favored choices for dinner. The other formal night had beef wellington and also the lobster and prawn combination. We were on a cruise through the Panama Canal last March and the selections for formal nights were identical (except no crab leg appetizer on that cruise).

Back to the Alaska cruise -- there was an Alaskan buffet set up one day toward the end of the cruise which featured seafood, such as salmon. There was also the dessert buffet and a sushi buffet two other days.

They did do tableside bananas foster one evening in the dining room (they did not do it exactly in front of you, but nearby at a large area they had set up). They also made some pasta dish in the same manner one evening. Also, they had the most delicious escargot on the first formal night (not on the menu, but they were offered to you).

We were on a cruise to Alaska last summer as well and there was no tableside prep or escargot...but there were crab legs for dinner then. Personally, I had the crab leg appetizer this time and was not that impressed. My daughter had the crab legs last year for dinner and this year as an appetizer and enjoyed them more than I did.

We enjoyed the food very much on all three cruises!

Don't have photos of Crab Legs but I think we had them on board the Golden in late May. On Formal Night there was delicious Lobster Tails (we had two each), by the pool one day was a Sushi Buffet....they served Halibut for dinner one night.. and I think I ate Salmon almost every night (sometimes with other Fettuccine or other main dishes). The food on the Alaska Cruise is wonderful. The desserts are sinful (had 2 or 3 each evening with my Cappuccino)!

DSC01868.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC01839.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

DSC01840.jpg

Does anyone have a copy (photo, text, whatever) of the menu for the Alaskan Night dinner? I have the standard menus, which I got from a post here, but not the Alaskan night menu. Unfortunately, it's the one night we missed last year, since we were in Juneau late and didn't feel like getting dressed up for dinner so just did the buffet. Also, if anyone knows which night they serve the Alaskan dinner on the Golden, that would be helpful too. Thanks!

I don't remember any Alaska Night...every night was Alaska Night right? They had Alaskan Salmon at every meal..... One night they dressed up Italian so I guess that was Italian Night. I don't remember any special Alaska night and it's only been a month since I returned. Maybe all the wine blurred my memories...hehe

There was definitely an Alaskan Night last year. There were the usual Sailaway, Captain's Gala, Italian Dinner, etc. but the day that we were in Juneau it was Alaskan Dinner. We walked by the dining rooms as we got back on board after our excursion, looked at the menu quickly, and decided that we'd rather just relax and go to the buffet. I can't recall the menu at all, so I'm wondering what we missed and whether I want to make an effort to get to dinner that night this time around.

On our 14 day Alaska cruise last month they did not serve crab legs. The formal night menu's were about as blah as every other night on that cruise - big on presentation, short on taste (for our taste anyway). We didn't do the third formal night and opted for the Steakhouse instead so we probably missed the baby lobsters.

We were on the Island Princess June 14-21 Voyage of the Glaciers this year. There were crab legs as an appetizer one evening. I think it was on one of the formal nights, but it was an appetizer selection not a "main meal". One formal night had delicious filet as one of the favored choices for dinner. The other formal night had beef wellington and also the lobster and prawn combination. We were on a cruise through the Panama Canal last March and the selections for formal nights were identical (except no crab leg appetizer on that cruise).

Back to the Alaska cruise -- there was an Alaskan buffet set up one day toward the end of the cruise which featured seafood, such as salmon. There was also the dessert buffet and a sushi buffet two other days.

They did do tableside bananas foster one evening in the dining room (they did not do it exactly in front of you, but nearby at a large area they had set up). They also made some pasta dish in the same manner one evening. Also, they had the most delicious escargot on the first formal night (not on the menu, but they were offered to you).

We were on a cruise to Alaska last summer as well and there was no tableside prep or escargot...but there were crab legs for dinner then. Personally, I had the crab leg appetizer this time and was not that impressed. My daughter had the crab legs last year for dinner and this year as an appetizer and enjoyed them more than I did.

We enjoyed the food very much on all three cruises!

We were on the very same Alaska cruise in June. On the second formal night, there was lobster. We were offered "seconds", and our table-mates cheerfully downed a second entree of lobster.

The Alaska buffet was topside, and I think it was on the day of Glacier Bay, so people could stay and watch the spectacular vistas.

My wife is a professional chef and difficult to please (and to fool), and overall she was pleased with the food with some quibbles. Remember this is hotel food for 2000 people.

Please note, the morale among the staff was high, and service was excellent.

Archived