Military Rate Deal

kunapets

Thought it would be worth while to start a new thread where we can post what look to be exceptionally good deals for Military cruisers. We can't mention agencies, but I don't see why we should not point viewers to specific cruise line offers.

I'll start:

If you can leave soon, Disney has a 14 night from Barcelona to Port Canaveral with 5 port stops along the way. I found a Military Balcony at $1100/pp and it looks like there are some OBC's available.

Ken S

Thought it would be worth while to start a new thread where we can post what look to be exceptionally good deals for Military cruisers. We can't mention agencies, but I don't see why we should not point viewers to specific cruise line offers.

I'll start:

If you can leave soon, Disney has a 14 night from Barcelona to Port Canaveral with 5 port stops along the way. I found a Military Balcony at $1100/pp and it looks like there are some OBC's available.

Ken S

Out of all the cruise lines, NCL has the most military discounts on most of their ships, if not all, for almost every sailing. The further out you book, the better the discount! We booked 180 days out and got a full 15% off our sailing for 8/29/10 7 night Dawn to Bermuda and last November, 14 Nighter on the Jewel. Saved a bit of money!!

Safe sails.

When we were calling Princess to book our first (only, so far) cruise, I asked if they gave a military discount. I was told, "No, we don't, but here is the name of a travel agent that does." I called, and we got $1,000 EACH off of a balcony stateroom.

Out of all the cruise lines, NCL has the most military discounts on most of their ships, if not all, for almost every sailing. The further out you book, the better the discount! We booked 180 days out and got a full 15% off our sailing for 8/29/10 7 night Dawn to Bermuda and last November, 14 Nighter on the Jewel. Saved a bit of money!!

Safe sails.

Agree. I've gotten mil disc on both Carnival and NCL, but never on Princess. After checking it out on line, I call my PCC at NCL and he checks out which is better, mil or not. I've gone back and forth with a mil discount and without. Whichever is the better deal, I take. Even after booking, we double check fares, and several times we've had price reductions, up until final payment due date, and then your done. NCL has a list of select sailings with discounts on their web site under the Veterans advantage link. The earlier you book the better. Happy cruisers we are.

• 1 month later...

I did as you suggested, and found the site on VTGo. (hope this is legal here?)

I bookmarked it on my favorites, although I probably would just book direct with Celebrity as the rate would be the same there as well. Less hassle for me.

We are on an NCL cruise out of Miami. Looks like they just dropped the Mini-Suites to $964pp for Military. That's for a 10 night cruise.

KS

I'll start:

Ken S

When we were calling Princess to book our first (only, so far) cruise, I asked if they gave a military discount. I was told, "No, we don't, but here is the name of a travel agent that does." I called, and we got $1,000 EACH off of a balcony stateroom.

There is also on board credit too. You have to send in a copy of your ID or a form. We just got $100. obc. This has nothing to do with your discount from the TA.

Maria

• 2 weeks later...

I find there are a lot of Celebrity cruises with discounts. The discount is the same for military, seniors, and resident rates if you cross check. If you can 'pack and go', there is a great rate for Summit repo next Sunday from Bayonne to San Juan. Oct. 24. Lots of cheap insides and OVs left. EM

Archived