Barcelona port for Holland America?

crazy4cruisn

I think most ships, of all lines, now use Mol Adossat - the new terminals there are bigger than the ones over near the World Trade centre. The trouble is that it's about a mile walk from Mol Adossat to the bottom of Ramblas, whereas from the World Trade Centre it's only a quarter that distance - Mol Adossat is on the far side of the port. Most passengers will therefore need to use a shuttle bus, and I think many lines charge for this.

I will just toss a small monkey wrench into the discussion. HA will indeed use Mol Adossat if its available, but we have twice been to Barcelona when the place was overrun with ships (one day there were over 12 ships) and then all best are off (we docked about 1/2 mile away in a commercial berth). The problem times seem to be in late fall (and probably early spring) when ships are changing their seasonal itinerareis and others are doing their TA crossings.

Hank

I will just toss a small monkey wrench into the discussion. HA will indeed use Mol Adossat if its available, but we have twice been to Barcelona when the place was overrun with ships (one day there were over 12 ships) and then all best are off (we docked about 1/2 mile away in a commercial berth). The problem times seem to be in late fall (and probably early spring) when ships are changing their seasonal itinerareis and others are doing their TA crossings.

Hank

That's why I wrote normally...

But Terminal D is owened by Costa - the sister line of HAL in the Carnival-Group - so mostly Carnival-group ships are handled at Terminal D.

Best would be to check here for the specific day:

http://www.portdebarcelona.es/wps/portal/!ut/p/c1/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os_hgz2DDIFNLYwMLfzcDAyNjQy9vLwNTV38LM_3g1Dz9cJAus3h_5yBHJydDRwMDX1MXoCofFwNvp1AjA3cziLwBDuBooO_nkZ-bqh-pH2WO0y5_E_3InNT0xORK_YJsL4_yfEdFAMImRnE!/dl2/d1/L0lJSklna21BL0lKakFBQ3lBQkVSQ0pBISEvWUZOQTFOSTUwLTVGd0EhIS83X1NJUzFSNTkzMDhPRjAwMjMxSktKMDVFT080L0NQSHdGMzI2NzAwMDQ!/?WCM_PORTLET=PC_7_SIS1R59308OF00231JKJ05EOO4_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/extranetangleslib/El+Port+de+Barcelona/Informacio/Consulta+de+vaixells/

If it is not 01X (X stands for a letter) then it's not Mol Adossat.

Regards

HeinBloed

• 2 years later...

It was the Moll Adossat Terminal D where we boarded the Prinsendam on Sept.17th this year, although we only eventually found out the night before from the Port Police. The people at the Other port location and Hotel said that it was docking there as it was a small ship---not correct.

We were staying immediately at the foot of the Ramblas, only 5 minutes by cab to terminal D, but got stiffed for a 25 Euro taxi fare!

Our hotel called the cab for us, so I assumed that it would be a nominal fare and therefore did not ask the taxi driver how much before we jumped in!!!

Always ask!!! No matter if the hotel is reputable!!!

Good Luck!

It was the Moll Adossat Terminal D where we boarded the Prinsendam on Sept.17th this year, although we only eventually found out the night before from the Port Police. The people at the Other port location and Hotel said that it was docking there as it was a small ship---not correct.

We were staying immediately at the foot of the Ramblas, only 5 minutes by cab to terminal D, but got stiffed for a 25 Euro taxi fare!

Our hotel called the cab for us, so I assumed that it would be a nominal fare and therefore did not ask the taxi driver how much before we jumped in!!!

Always ask!!! No matter if the hotel is reputable!!!

Good Luck!

If the hotel calles a taxi then there is usually about a 4 euro surcharge - this is common in Spain, on top of that there is a further surcharge to the port (from memory about 2.50 euros), then a charge for each suitcase (a euro a case) - but even so that seems a dear fare. There is a website where you can check taxi fares but I just cant locate the link at the mo.

(I was charged less than 25 euros to go to Sants rail station which is some distance from the port)

Archived