Video: Introduction to Azamara Club Cruises

LauraS

Apparently Laura considers Oceania, Azamara and Cunard as luxury as she keeps posting threads about these lines on the luxury board.
I copied the original post by Laura about Azamara over to the Azamara Forum. I also checked the CC definition of Luxury Cruises & discovered that it's a bit different from industry standard.

Luxury Cruise Lines

Abercrombie & Kent American Safari Aqua Expeditions Azamara Bora Bora Cruises Compagnie du Ponant Cruise Asia Ltd. Crystal Cunard French Country Waterways Go Barging Hapag-Lloyd Hebridean Heritage Line Lindblad Expeditions Oberoi Group Oceania Orion Expedition Cruises Paul Gauguin Cruises Regent Seven Seas Sea Cloud Cruises Seabourn SeaDream Silversea Star Clippers Travel Dynamics Uniworld Windstar

Apparently Laura considers Oceania, Azamara and Cunard as luxury as she keeps posting threads about these lines on the luxury board.

I agree that Azamara & Oceanic aren't luxury, but I always defer to the Berlitz guide & the Grills are considered luxury. Yes, I know the Whole ship isn't, But until Berlitz says otherwise, the Grills are luxury.

I agree that Azamara & Oceanic aren't luxury, but I always defer to the Berlitz guide & the Grills are considered luxury. Yes, I know the Whole ship isn't, But until Berlitz says otherwise, the Grills are luxury.

Apparently you are going to keep posting this until we agree. Okay, the Grills are luxury -- the rest of the ship is :eek:

Seriously, Berlitz is new to the area of luxury cruising. The real question is whether current customers of Regent, Silversea or Seabourn are willing to spend the money to try it out. We will not because it is not all-inclusive and the ship is simply too large. My guess is that Crystal passengers might be interested since it isn't that different than what they currently have.

Keithm, which of the other luxury lines have you cruised on? How do they compare with "The Grills"? Your response might be helpful to those of us who read this particular board.

P.S. We have been doing luxury cruising since 2004 and never heard of "The Grills" until this year. Perhaps it is new?

Apparently you are going to keep posting this until we agree. Okay, the Grills are luxury -- the rest of the ship is :eek:

Seriously, Berlitz is new to the area of luxury cruising. The real question is whether current customers of Regent, Silversea or Seabourn are willing to spend the money to try it out. We will not because it is not all-inclusive and the ship is simply too large. My guess is that Crystal passengers might be interested since it isn't that different than what they currently have.

Keithm, which of the other luxury lines have you cruised on? How do they compare with "The Grills"? Your response might be helpful to those of us who read this particular board.

P.S. We have been doing luxury cruising since 2004 and never heard of "The Grills" until this year. Perhaps it is new?

TravelCat2, Berlitz is not a cruise line. It is a publisher of a book that is published each year and written by Douglas Ward. I've been using it for years. It's the best reference guide on cruising lines/ships IMHO>

Keith

TravelCat2, Berlitz is not a cruise line. It is a publisher of a book that is published each year and written by Douglas Ward. I've been using it for years. It's the best reference guide on cruising lines/ships IMHO>

Keith

Yes I know:rolleyes: It was my understanding that this was the first time they rated luxury cruise lines. While it is an incredible reference guide, if it is true that they have not been rating luxury cruise lines prior to this year, it could explain why they may have placed Cunard in the luxury arena when only a portion of the ships are luxury. Just guessing.

Yes I know:rolleyes: It was my understanding that this was the first time they rated luxury cruise lines. While it is an incredible reference guide, if it is true that they have not been rating luxury cruise lines prior to this year, it could explain why they may have placed Cunard in the luxury arena when only a portion of the ships are luxury. Just guessing.

No. They have been rating all ships, for many years now, at least since I have been reading it.

And that includes the luxury cruise lines.

I have used this book since 1992.They come out with a new one each year. Since it doesn't change much I get a new one every two or thee years. The writeups are quite good.

It actually was a great tool when I picked out the first cruise line we sailed with.

Now as to Cunard. This is one of the few cruise lines where they rated each ship separately.

Victoria is rated Premium. Queen Mary 2 is rated standard(mass market, premium and luxury. And he gives it not one but two different star ratings. And where he normally also has a point score for each ship for the categories of ship, accomodation, food, service cruise he rated it separetely based on Grill vs. Britania Class.

Keith

Actually We've only done Cunard. I agree that only the grills(Princess/Queens) are luxury. The rest of the ship is considered premium. The Berlitz guide has been around for close to 30 years & is a good rating guide on ships.

Archived