Clever way to gift a cruise?

JoeFixes

Hello,

Not sure if I am in the right category. Has anyone got a clever way to present a cruise as a Christmas gift for their kids? Something that would get them excited about the upcoming plans? Would love to hear what you have done in the past or ideas that you would like to try.

Thank you.

Client of mine when I was a TA got (now you could probably print) a mini-brochure, sunglasses, sunscreen and new beach towels and put them in a back pack and had kids guess where they were going... they were about 8-11 years old as I recall but they loved how it turned out.. it was for a cruise they were taking during Easter vacation ...

• 2 weeks later...

I gave a cruise to my Nan for her birthday in 2008 - I put all the cruise information I had, printed of lots of pictures of the Liberty, with a brochure as well and put it in a HUGE box and wrapped it up. She spent hours wondering what it was until she was allowed to open it. :)

I found these ship ornaments and had them personalized with the ship name, destination, and date. http://www.bronners.com/product/personalized-cruise-ship-glass-ornament/1116663 You could wrap them up or just hang them on the tree, assuming that it's a Christmas gift. Then you could tell them that one of their gifts is on the tree and see how long it takes them to find it. They get a permanent reminder and a big surprise.

Thanks to all who have responded. I have decided to make a photo book. It will show pictures of the ship, the itinerary, maybe pictures of the ports. I think it will get them excited about the upcoming trip and also prove to be a memento. I am a member of Shutterfly.com and they are always running specials on these customer do-it-yourself photo books. Should be able to do it for about $20!

Archived