Recent reviews for Claudia?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:19 AM.
East central IL
185 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
We just returned from a cruise on Equinox and took a tour with Claudia in Cartegena. We were more than satisfied. There were 8 of us and the cost per person was $60. We felt that was quite reasonable. She is an excellent guide, very knowledgeable and with a great sense of humor. She is prompt and reliable, the van was comfortable and the tour was well organized. I feel that we had a nicer experience than what we would have had if we had booked a ship's excursion. I felt very safe with her and would recommend her tour.
495 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
I'm cruising with my sister, who is disabled and walks with two canes. How much walking is there on Claudia's tour, and how fast do people walk?
Thank you
Sue
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cape Coral, FL
432 Posts
Joined Jan 2011
SanDiegoSue, my sister also walks with two canes. Severe rheumatoid arthritis. She walks verrrrrry slowly. I believe your sis, if she's like my sister, would slow down the group which would be an imposition on them. I, too, have rheumatoid arthritis altho more ambulatory--I took the horse and buggy tour and found it to be very enjoyable. Something to consider.
Rochester, NY
516 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
We used Claudia for our tour 3 weeks ago. We were on the NCL Star.
There were 20 in our group ,cost was $45.pp. Had a wonderfully informative & enjoyable tour. Claudia is very warm, outgoing & down to earth. If you have her booked, you are in for a treat.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Atlanta
612 Posts
Joined May 2011
I just returned from a cruise that included a tour with Claudia and have to echo what everyone else is saying. She was fantastic and so full of knowledge. Willing to accommodate all our requests along the way and gave us a DVD of the tour at the end. (not our tour but a pre-produced one) a nice touch.

As to the amount of walking: the second stop is 45 minutes of walking around the old city at a pretty decent pace. The stop at Mount Popa is up hill and includes some steep stairs to get up to the monastery. We stopped at the Emerald Museum and that is upstairs as well: 2 flights. Her tour might not be suitable for someone who is mobility impaired.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Equinox Ultimate Caribbean Cruise December 12-23, 2011.
Celebrity Eclipse Exotic Southern Caribbean January 12-26 2013.
Minnesota, USA
321 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
We just did a tour with Claudia on Febraury 20th off the Celebrity Equinox. Our group of 9 thought she was wonderful and would urge anyone interested in doing a private tour of Cartagena to book with Claudia.