Mazatlan Frank

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Mexican Riviera
Includes: Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, Manzanillo, Mazatlan, Pichilingue/La Paz, Puerto Vallarta, Topolobampo & Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:49 PM.
Staten Island, New York
233 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
I'm having a problem contacting him. Can anyone help me? I want to know if he can take us on a tour - if not I want to start looking for something else. I e-mail him twice but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks
North Falmouth, MA USA
4,674 Posts
Joined May 2003
Originally posted by kmezz
I'm having a problem contacting him. Can anyone help me? I e-mail him twice but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks
We took the country tour with Frank last month, and he was quite efficient re: e mailing us and answering our questions. Maybe you have the wrong address?? Here's a link to his website in case you don't have it: http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/ Good luck
Salt Lake City, UT
30 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
I was in email contact with him just this morning. He has always answered my emails in just a few hours. Have you tried [email protected]? That is the email that is working for me.

Hope this helps.
Big Barb
Ontario - Canada
1,470 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
We just toured with Frank last Thursday, Feb 3rd. Simply put - AMAZING !!!

I would highly recommend Frank and his tour - it was excellent !!!

Heather
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Heather & Anthony - We cruise and we bird
7 Cruises; 38 Ports; 71 Nights at Sea
Next Up:
South America (=X= Infinity Dec 2017) Roll Call Chart / Excursions
Russia & Baltic Sea (=X= Eclipse Jul 2018) Roll Call Chart / Excursions
Tradewinds Transatlantic (=X= EDGE Apr 2019) Roll Call Chart / Excursions

__________________________________________________ ____________________
Personal Travelogues (click individual links, below):
280 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by kmezz
I'm having a problem contacting him. Can anyone help me? I want to know if he can take us on a tour - if not I want to start looking for something else. I e-mail him twice but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions? Thanks
I know he is very busy. I talked to him today though. If you need help I'll forward your e mail. E mail m e at [email protected]
280 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Dmgernant
I have Feb 22nd reserved with Frank I can't wait...
Please post how the tour with Frank was when you come back. Can't wait to hear all about it. Are you going on the city tour? That's the one I'm interested in.
Delaware
810 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
I booked a combined country and city tour with Frank that we took on 1/31. Frank is the best guide I have ever had! I think he ruined us for any future tours. I had contacted Frank myself and several emails were exchanged between us. I felt like I knew him before we even met.

Frank was waiting for us when we disembarked exactly where he said he would be, sign and all. He just couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. And he guarantees getting you back to the ship on time.

Do not hesitate to book with Frank. You'll be happy you did!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda

Windjammer-Caribbean 4/84, Horizon-Bermuda 8/91, Westerdam-Alaska 7/95, Regal Empress-Bermuda 8/96, Century-W.Caribbean 9/97, Sensation-W.Caribbean 9/01, Galaxy-S. Caribbean 11/01, Leonid Sobolov-Volga River 9/02, Serenade of the Seas-Canada 10/03, Galaxy-Repositioning 3/04, Jewel of the Seas-Repositioning 10/04, Mercury 1/05 - Mexican Riviera, 7/05 Carnival Triumph - Canada, 10/05 Voyager of the Seas - Caribbean, Summit - Panama Canal 2/06. Imagination - Western Caribbean 5/06, Explorer II -Antarctica 1/07, Constellation - Transatlantic 9/07, Mercury - Hawaii 11/08, Azamara Quest - Ancient Cities 10/09, Radiance of the Seas - Mexican Riveria 3/10,Southeast Asia - Azamara Quest 02/11, Jewel of the Seas-Western Caribbean 1/12, Transtlantic - Azamara Quest 12/12, Iceland & Norway - Infinity 6/13, Colonial South & Caribbean - Azamara Quest 12/13, Transatlantic - Azamara Quest 03/14, Adriatic Sea -Athena (GCT) 11/15, Rhine River Cruise (GCT), 11/16,Transatlantic - Azamara Quest, 4/17, Danube River (GCT) 11/18, Great Rivers of Europe, (GCT) 3/18.
22 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
I am sailing on the Oosterdam April 16th and have been reading about Frank. Can someone give me more information on his tours, where you go, how long, cost etc. I was also thinking about the Sierra Madre 7 hour tour. It is worth it? Has anyone been on it? This is our first time to Mazatlan and we love to sight see, meet the locals, etc. Thanks for the information and any tips.
Staten Island, New York
233 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
I did get an e-mail from Frank. He is a very nice man and has mapped out a wonderful day for us when we dock on March 25. He usually takes 6 people with him but since there is only 4 of us we are going to pay the price for 6 and have a private tour. It will be an all day event with many stops planned. I'm really happy I contacted him and believe that it will be the highlight of our cruise!
Ridgecrest, CA USA
1,193 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Hi Gordyde!
I'd recommend that you call or e-mail Frank to get specific information. We've had private tours with him twice and highly recommend him. He will work with you. Check out his web site (if you haven't yet). We've been both to Concordia and Copala with all the little stops in between to see the brick maker, the tile maker, the bakery (yummm!!!), the furniture maker with all sorts of ironwood statues, clay pots, very nice silver jewelery, etc. I even arranged for him to look for specific items for me. You can get beautiful hand made crocheted tableclothes and I've bought three so far. With the trip to Copala, you will eat at a very nice Mexican restaurant and with all this, we still had plenty of time to see old Mazatlan. This tour does give you a chance to meet the people - it's a great opportunity. Again, Frank will work with you to tailor your tour the way your group wants it. He is great fun and very much respected in the Mazatlan communities.

Shar

Originally posted by gordyde
I am sailing on the Oosterdam April 16th and have been reading about Frank. Can someone give me more information on his tours, where you go, how long, cost etc. I was also thinking about the Sierra Madre 7 hour tour. It is worth it? Has anyone been on it? This is our first time to Mazatlan and we love to sight see, meet the locals, etc. Thanks for the information and any tips.
72 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Myself and my family agree. Frank is the best. We travel to Mazatlan alot and even our kids, 13 and 15 are entertained by Frank.
Book early as he can book up quick.
Have a great time in my second favorite city. Who knows, may move there some day and then it will be my first favorite city. LOL
Happy Cruising all. I'm looking into going on the Mercury in the near future. We shall see.
Buck
Upstate New York
85 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
I have emailed Frank 3 times and he has never responded. If he is booked it would be nice of him to let me know so I can reserve something else.
CA
119 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
PennyB, did I see on the HAL board that you are booked on the March 5 departure of the Oosterdam? I am on the same cruise, and I contacted Frank last week about doing his tour on March 8, which is when I think we will be in Mazatlan. He did email back within a few hours, saying the day was available, but asking which tour I might want. The tours and prices are available at www.mazatlan-frank.com. I haven't decided if I want to book one of his tours yet or not.
280 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by PennyB
I have emailed Frank 3 times and he has never responded. If he is booked it would be nice of him to let me know so I can reserve something else.
I know Frank was having difficutly with his e mail and he's been extremely busy trying to catch up. Try e mailing him again. He's answering e mails now.
22 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Thanks so much for your information. Definitely decided to do the Sierre Madre Tour. I have sent Frank and email and hopefully he will be available for us.
BuckGilbert thanks for your input also. I'm really looking forward to our trip
Upstate New York
85 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Ikohawaii, I took your advice and emailed him again yesterday morning and he answered me back in 20 minutes! We exchanged a couple more emails and now we are booked! Sonoma03 are you booked as well? Frank mentioned that he has 2 other passengers from the Oosterdam that were going. Counting our friends that will be just 6 of us. He said he can somewhat taylor make the tour to the passengers i.e. places/length of time spent. Anyone have some must sees or don't bothers???
Rhode Island
852 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Our group from the Mercury toured with Frank in his open air trolley on 2/10. It was a wonderful and informative half day in Mazatlan. We will definitely contact Frank when we return to Mexico and Mazatlan. I would highly recommend Frank as a tour guide. He met us as planned. It is a very efficient operation.
Thanks again Frank for a most enjoyable day!

Nancy