Oasis Diamond Lounge

coffeebean

Everything about Oasis hit a home run with DH and me but the Diamond Lounge. In comparison....Liberty's Diamond Lounge is so gorgeous with it's floor to ceiling windows and views of the sea, the size of the lounge is in keeping with the size of the ship. Oasis, on the other hand, has a much smaller Diamond Lounge and is in the interior of the ship, looking down on the Royal Promenade.

I'm aware that many venues, including restaurants, on Oasis do not have views of the sea as other vessels do. It was just so evident in the Diamond Lounge because the view was not very enticing. At least the specialty restaurants on Oasis have views of Central Park ,which at night, are beautiful and so serene.

What were they thinking?

I visited the lounge a couple of times and thought that is was nice and it was larger than the Diamond lounges on the Freedom class. At least RCI gave space for a Diamond lounge. Not something that they had to do as it costs the guests nothing and the space could have been used for revenue generation space. Of course they saved the best for the Concierge lounge.

Photos of the Diamond lounge.

343.jpg

342.jpg

341.jpg

But, the Concierge Lounge on Liberty is small and inside with no views. The CL on Oasis is stunning. Two stories looking out over the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater. I think they planned it that way on purpose; giving the Suite guests "upgraded" accommodations vs. the Freedom class ships.

I do like the Diamond Lounge on Liberty.

I, too thought the Diamond lounge was a HUGE disappointment. No computer in there, no views. I don't understand what you mean it's "bigger then the Freedom class". NO WAY! The Freedom class has that nice area where you can sit privately outside. I used to have breakfast there. I was in the Diamond Lounge on Oasis many times where there was nobody even in there. I probably won't even bother on the Allure, but since I'm taking 3 teens on the freedom in April, I know I'll have a great place to hang out solo!

On Freedom, the outside area of the Diamond Lounge is not available.

On the Independence, the diamond lounge doors open to the outside area. It has glass doors that open. On the Freedom, the diamond lounge doors are usually closed and the bottom part is covered with a frosted glass so you can't see in or out. However, we were told that if guests wanted to sit outside that they would open the doors. We found that out in June 2010. The design of the area on the Freedom is more open to other parts of the ship and to keep non-diamond members, they usually keep it closed. On the Independence is it more closed off.

I, too thought the Diamond lounge was a HUGE disappointment. No computer in there, no views. I don't understand what you mean it's "bigger then the Freedom class". NO WAY! The Freedom class has that nice area where you can sit privately outside. I used to have breakfast there. I was in the Diamond Lounge on Oasis many times where there was nobody even in there. I probably won't even bother on the Allure, but since I'm taking 3 teens on the freedom in April, I know I'll have a great place to hang out solo!

The Diamond lounge on the Freedom class is not that large and on the Freedom in August the outside deck was closed.

The outside area in March on the Freedom was available...why have the closed it?

It was closed both times I was on her. They sent any overflow next door. Never asked them to open the glass doors, I just thought they kept them locked to keep unauthorized people from sneaking in.

It was closed both times I was on her. They sent any overflow next door. Never asked them to open the glass doors, I just thought they kept them locked to keep unauthorized people from sneaking in.
They used the outside area a bit during the Nov. 28 FOS 4 night cruise as there were so many D and D+s as the cruise was marketed to Fl. passengers within driving distance. The outside area was pretty windy.

On Freedom, the outside area of the Diamond Lounge is not available.

I haven't been on Freedom but why does Liberty have an exterior space and Freedom doesn't? What is that space used for on Freedom?

Edit...I see my question has been answered as I read more of the thread.

I haven't been on Freedom but why does Liberty have an exterior space and Freedom doesn't? What is that space used for on Freedom?

Edit...I see my question has been answered as I read more of the thread.

Liberty and Indy both have an exterior space. The space was included and blocked off from use by non-D&D+ passengers in the second and third ship in the series. I'm not sure if the area on FOS is now blocked off. We sail on her on Feb. 12 and I will check it out and report back unless someone has used the area in the last few weeks and posts.

I went back and checked my Freedom notes. Yes, we could use the outside area, but the sign on the door said "no reentry to the lounge"

Thought I was losing it here...

That was the way it was at the beginning but I saw folks coming in and out on the Nov. 28 cruise. It may only be used at times where there are many, many D and D+ cruisers.

Based on the posted pictures, I have to agree with the O.P. Compared to Liberty's Diamond lounge, it looks claustraphobic. What is the Concierge Lounge? Is it only for suite guests or another name for the Diamond lounge? I have only been in the Liberty's Diamond lounge and just booked on Allure. I assume her lounge will be the same as the Oasis'?

well, I guess it is all a matter of perspective. Since I made Diamond we have been on 4 cruises, all on Vision or Voyager class ships. great iteraries, great cruises, but not D lounges. So, my first D lounge will be Oasis in a few weeks. from my perspective the photos look great, and I am looking forward to the lounge. Eventually we will get to try the freedom class lounges to compare, but until then the Oasis lounge do;)

We have been on the Oasis twice as Diamond members. First time was a year ago on the 4 day preinaugural and about 3 weeks ago. We are big fans of the Freedom class ships because of the Diamond Lounge and we were not big fans of the Diamond lounge and the bar where they did the evening cocktail hours on the Oasis because of having no view of the ocean. This last cruise we were just on we were short one credit of being Diamond Plus so I was hoping for an upgrade so we could use the conceirge lounge on the Oasis. I did get a tour of the conceirge lounge and it is impressive. But I sent an email to Royal after we got back and told them I'm glad the way it worked out because we met two really great people (bartenders) in Blaze the bar where they did the evening cocktail hours and we would never have met them if we had been Diamond Plus on that cruise. As much as I like a view in our case we discovered something more important to us at least on that cruise. That was just our experience.

Liberty and Indy both have an exterior space. The space was included and blocked off from use by non-D&D+ passengers in the second and third ship in the series. I'm not sure if the area on FOS is now blocked off. We sail on her on Feb. 12 and I will check it out and report back unless someone has used the area in the last few weeks and posts.

Hi, Sherri,

We are on Freedom on January 9 so will see what they do then. I know that I have seen it used. I think that it may depend on the concierge.

.....WHAT????....first no zinfindel and now a small Diamond lounge?....I am going on strike and refuse to accept any freebies from RRCL until they fix this horrible problem.....NO ROOM...NO PEACE!!!....who's with me?....:rolleyes:
I think they have the D evening event in Blaze. It sounds like there is breakfast in the DL but not too many folks go.

We have been on the Oasis twice as Diamond members. First time was a year ago on the 4 day preinaugural and about 3 weeks ago. We are big fans of the Freedom class ships because of the Diamond Lounge and we were not big fans of the Diamond lounge and the bar where they did the evening cocktail hours on the Oasis because of having no view of the ocean. This last cruise we were just on we were short one credit of being Diamond Plus so I was hoping for an upgrade so we could use the conceirge lounge on the Oasis. I did get a tour of the conceirge lounge and it is impressive. But I sent an email to Royal after we got back and told them I'm glad the way it worked out because we met two really great people (bartenders) in Blaze the bar where they did the evening cocktail hours and we would never have met them if we had been Diamond Plus on that cruise. As much as I like a view in our case we discovered something more important to us at least on that cruise. That was just our experience.
I went to the CL 6 nights and (DL)Blaze one night, nice bartenders but will admit Hors d'œuvre's were better in DL

Archived