Cruise Lines Return to Mazatlan After Series of Cancellations

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles
Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:17 PM.
Prescott Valley, AZ
10 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
My wife and I have been travelling to Mazatlan on our own and by cruise ship for at least 12 years and have never had a bad experience. We have always felt safe in the area, often wandering away from the tourist zone with no probems. In the present climate of drug cartel violence, I think it is prudent to travel with organized tours and not to leave the touristed areas on your own. We have traveled in Mexico by RV in the past and have many wonderful stories to tell about the kindness of the Mexican people. Hopefully, things will improve and I shall once again have thoughts of Wintering in Mexico.
Vancouver, BC
1,585 Posts
Joined Jun 2006
The winners in this one are Disney cruisers! An overnight in Cabo compared to a day in Mazatlan....well there is no comparison!!! Cabo wins that race every time!
625 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
well surprise! you won't be staying over nite in Cabo. The boat has to sail out of port and then come back in the next day. I guess you could just miss the ship and hope bad weather doesn't come in.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
msp
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
Mazatlan may have been a little scary but the fact is when a cruise line like Disney finds an excuss not to burn fuel and makes a 7 day voyage to only 2 stops they save a lot of money and the paying passengers loose!