Secret Outside Deck At Front Of Coral And Island Princess?

rienreiter

Hi:

I have on occasions heard someone mention about a little known outside viewing deck towards the front of the Aloha and Baja decks on the Coral and Island Princess ships. I have previously sailed the Island and did not know about this. I will be sailing the Island again this coming May. Is there someone who knows about this that can indicate how to get to this spot?

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Those are the decks that have the forward balconies on the Sun so it's possible they are the same on the Island. Walk down the corridor past all the forward cabins until you come to a single door, there should be a sign on it to 'please keep closed at all times' and pull it toward you... it's very heavy but it's also a very private balcony. Have fun finding them. :)

Kim

There was a forward deck on the Dawn that was accessed through an unmarked door. We had read on the boards that there was a deck on the other side so we just opened it and there it was. When we went out there we found a couple of lounge chairs and lots of wind. Probably would be OK when the ship is docked.

From the deck plans of the Island and Coral it looks like there might be a similar deck but smaller than on the Dawn. If there are no "No Entrance" signs, open the door.

Charlie

Baja deck can be accessed from a door at forward of the ship. It says "crew only" or something but you can go through and it doesn't lock from inside which was my fear ;)

And as far as Princess not wanting you out there, they sent the photographers out there when I was watching the Canal transit from that spot. My cabin was 2 or 3 doors from forward, so that was a great viewing spot.

mary beth

Last year when we were on the Coral, on the Baja and Caribe decks at the very front of the ship the staff opens up those doors so people can view the entrance to the canal. I think they were marked for staff only, not sure. the word got around really quick and naturally we did not find out about that viewing area until the trip was off. Oh well. We still got to see alot even from the sides of the ship.

Marilyn

I was on the Coral in November for Panama canal cruise. We had a minisuite on Baja front area about 4 doors from the exit to the front deck that you are referring to. I think the deck is marked Emergency Exit, but we went out there to view canal transit and sunsets. You go through a door and then out another door onto this area. There is also a similar area on the Caribe deck below.

We'll be on the Coral in Dec., Baha deck... But, were on the Oosterdam last Oct., only 3 rooms back from these doors... Only a very few folks ventured forward to check them out.. We were usually the only people out there! Stop by the web site below to check the view from this place...

There is a rumor that this is the crew only topless so the showgirls and showboys can get and overall tan. And since most of the crew have a more relaxed standard about toplessness, need I go furthur.

Sounds good here.. I can be just as relaxed.. :D

I was on the Coral in November for Panama canal cruise. We had a minisuite on Baja front area about 4 doors from the exit to the front deck that you are referring to. I think the deck is marked Emergency Exit, but we went out there to view canal transit and sunsets. You go through a door and then out another door onto this area. There is also a similar area on the Caribe deck below.

Lynn - you mention that you were about 4 doors away from the forward deck in a minisuite. Were you in one of the AF minisuites on the Coral?

We are wondering what these suites are like-I've read that they are quite large? Have been concerned about the view and MOVEMENT that far forward on the ship. I realize that there isn't a balcony in the AF cat's.

However, thought the addtional cabin space might be worth it IF you can use this deck that is so close.

Would appreciate input on this - THANKS

We were on the Coral, Baja deck. We enjoyed going out the hall door to the back of the ship. There was a small deck with the deck lounges that was so relaxing and quiet. There were on a few people there. Only problem...no bar or food service. But,you can alway run upstairs and bring something down.

.... There was a small deck with the deck lounges that was so relaxing and quiet. There were on a few people there. Only problem...no bar or food service. But,you can alway run upstairs and bring something down.
We have found the same on a number of ships on different cruise lines. Remote areas with less than a dozen chairs. For us, having to go for our own drinks, etc. is a good trade off for the extra peace & quiet.

Check out the deck plans before your cruise and you may find areas similar to the deck areas already discussed. We explore the entire ship as early as possible for the little nooks, crannies and shortcuts.

Charlie

• 3 months later...

We were on the Coral last year Caribe 215. Just down from the aforementioned door. We went out there often. It was great for viewing the glaciers and such. Not many people at all. My DH took a great pic from there I will try to find it. We are on the Island this year same cabin. So will be viewing the glaciers again!

Toodles,

, you won't get in trouble for going out there? I'd be afraid of that! Are there any of these on the CP, and if so, where?

What's the worst they can do.Yell at you. Send you to your cabin without your dinner. Bread and water for the rest of your cruise. :rolleyes:

So even if the door says crew only or do not enter or something of the sort, you won't get in trouble for going out there? I'd be afraid of that! Are there any of these on the CP, and if so, where?

Yes, the Coral Princess will have the same forward decks.

Scott

Archived