Haircut at sea

brainfreeze987

Getting ready to go on our next cruise in 2 weeks on the Ruby. I'm in need of a haircut but my husband wants me to wait and have it done on the ship. Has anyone ever had this done and how was it? Thanks...

Well, from a guys perspective, I've had the haircut, shave, hot towel, massage combo and it was great! They cut my hair the way that I wanted it... no problems. Oh, and if you book on a port day, it'll be cheaper.

Hi There

From my point of view the spa is a waste of good space if I wanted

there services I would get them on land, I cruise to get from port to port,

all I need the ship to do is provide me with a place to sleep and eat.

However understand others love there services and the ship sure makes

plenty of money from it.

yours shogun

Getting ready to go on our next cruise in 2 weeks on the Ruby. I'm in need of a haircut but my husband wants me to wait and have it done on the ship. Has anyone ever had this done and how was it? Thanks...

I wouldn't trust a hair cut to a stranger, besides the fact that you will pay a fortune for it.

...my husband wants me to wait and have it done on the ship.

That's about the last thing my wife or I would want to do on a cruise.

Have your hair done locally before you leave. Tell your husband he can have his haircut onboard.

Lew

DH had a haircut and it was approx $40!!! Extra attention went into the washing drying etc even though he has short hair. He enjoyed it.

I've only had washed and a head massage and that was streets better than at home, it was bliss. I would trust them to cut if you explain what you want, it will be expensive. Having said all that I would still go to my own at home.

DH had a haircut and it was approx $40!!! Extra attention went into the washing drying etc even though he has short hair. He enjoyed it.

I've only had washed and a head massage and that was streets better than at home, it was bliss. I would trust them to cut if you explain what you want, it will be expensive. Having said all that I would still go to my own at home.

Well, I go to Sports Clips and they offer the same services for about the same price. But then, they don't have the ocean view. :p I don't get the hot towel/shave/head massage treatment very often, so it is nice to get one on the ship.

This opinion comes from a woman who just had her hair cut on the Emerald Princess about three weeks ago. I wear my hair quite short and was on a B2B cruise. About the end of the first cruise I could not stand it any more, so I booked an appointment.

The cut was great and so was the stylist. I even got an eye treatment during the cut. She did not try to sell me anything in addition. She even mentioned that the tip was optional. The cost was $60, about $10 than I pay at home.

I would recommend it, especially if you are running out of time with other cruise prep.

Just like princessmargaret, I was on a B2B cruise on the Sapphire and in great need of a cut. They had a port special which included cut, color, 6 face-framing highlights and an eye treatment for $109. The stylist did an excellent job on the cut (short style) and the color. She even gave me 10 highlights because she said my hair was so thick. Also enjoyed the eye treatment. She was not at all pushy.

It made me realize that I need a new stylist at home. I was very pleased with the whole experience. The spa is lovely. I took a chance but was very happy with the results. I should add that the same thing at home would cost me $135 plus tip. And that is without the eye treatment. I did give her a tip as well.

I had my hair cut when on the Ruby, he did a superb job. Not only that I know a hairdresser that had to go three times to 'audition' and do hairdressing at each 'auditions' in London before being accepted for a cruise. Unfortunately she only did one contract as she didn't like the long, long hours.

I was so busy in the weeks leading up to our Christmas cruise that I just ran out of time and didn't get to the salon. I took a leap of faith and had a cut and color onboard the Golden. I was beyond thrilled with the results. By far the best hair color and cut I have ever had. It was pricey, but no more so than you would pay in a high end salon on land. And it was well worth it. Now my only problem is I need to find a stylist at home who can maintain it for me as wonderfully as the great stylist on our ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know that I got the best cut of my life. I have a wonderful new style and alot less hair. Now I have to find a person at home to keep up the cut. Not sure if it's possible. I guess if now, my husband will just have to take me back on the Ruby for another cut.:):)

Archived