Carnival Spirit update

Searched until I found my international calling card and called to Carnival in Sydney after seeing the most recent post on Facebook page

Van-Hawaii-Oz 2012

The Honolulu to Sydney repositioning cruise will be availabe to be booked through Carnival Australia on May 1st according to "Alyce." Now I do know May 1st is a Sunday, but I tactfully refrained from mentioning this because I am not accustomed to business hours in Australia; for all I know it's "business as usual" at Carnival Australia on Sundays! Will continue to keep you updated as best I can. Waiting patiently.....

So I called Carnival this afternoon (1:30 p.m. EDT, 15 hours behind Sydney) and the rep who answered the phone told me that the Honolulu to Sydney cruise would be available for booking on May 1st through Carnival AUSTRALIA! She went to say she and the other reps received "a memo" this past Monday on the subject; this cruise will be open "only" through Carnival AUSTRALIA!!! Now whether this is good news or not, only all of you can tell me, but I do know I'm not sure I'm up for trying to figure the exchange rate when I'm on the phone with a rep from Carnival Australia, and there's also the business about the deposit. We were prepared to pay US $500.00 each, but whether the deposit will be approximately the same amount I don't know.....Looking forward to hearing from all of you as time permits!

So I called Carnival this afternoon (1:30 p.m. EDT, 15 hours behind Sydney) and the rep who answered the phone told me that the Honolulu to Sydney cruise would be available for booking on May 1st through Carnival AUSTRALIA! She went to say she and the other reps received "a memo" this past Monday on the subject; this cruise will be open "only" through Carnival AUSTRALIA!!! Now whether this is good news or not, only all of you can tell me, but I do know I'm not sure I'm up for trying to figure the exchange rate when I'm on the phone with a rep from Carnival Australia, and there's also the business about the deposit. We were prepared to pay US $500.00 each, but whether the deposit will be approximately the same amount I don't know.....Looking forward to hearing from all of you as time permits!

Today's currency conversion rate for $500US is $474.224AUD ($!US = .948517AUD)

Of course, it depends what currency conversion rate is used on the day.

The question in relation to deposits, which needs to be answered, is what is the amount of deposit required and whether it is non refundable.

We are all hoping for good things from Carnival Australia for Carnival Spirit. However, in the past, Australia has had large non refundable deposits.

BTW 1st May is a Sunday here of a long weekend in Queensland (Labour Day).

Today's currency conversion rate for $500US is $474.224AUD ($!US = .948517AUD)

Of course, it depends what currency conversion rate is used on the day.

The question in relation to deposits, which needs to be answered, is what is the amount of deposit required and whether it is non refundable.

We are all hoping for good things from Carnival Australia for Carnival Spirit. However, in the past, Australia has had large non refundable deposits.

BTW 1st May is a Sunday here of a long weekend in Queensland (Labour Day).

Don't know if Carnival Australia will offer the "Early Saver" option when booking, but with ES, US $50.00 is what each person will lose if the booking is cancelled, but out of a per person US $400.00 ES deposit, US $350.00 is transferable to another Carnival booking.

Our "Labor Day" is the first Monday in September; will relate what you had to say about Labour Day to DH; he'll be interested.

Thanks for your post!!!

Our "Labor Day" is the first Monday in September; will relate what you had to say about Labour Day to DH; he'll be interested.

BTW It is not a public holiday in all States.

Here is a handy government website which lists all public holidays.

http://australia.gov.au/topics/australian-facts-and-figures/public-holidays

John Heald just posted on website they will be making an announcement in about two weeks for the Vancouver to Honolulu and Honolulu to Sydney. Interesting, considering there's heaps book on the first sector. I wonder if they're changing their mind :eek: :eek: :eek:

John Heald just posted on website they will be making an announcement in about two weeks for the Vancouver to Honolulu and Honolulu to Sydney. Interesting, considering there's heaps book on the first sector. I wonder if they're changing their mind :eek: :eek: :eek:

Vancouver to Honolulu has been continuously open for booking since March 11th!! Don't know quite what to make of John's posting, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's got too much going on to keep everything straight! I just hope he posts when the Honolulu to Sydney cruise FINALLY is open for booking!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived