Looking at New England/Canada

Cruise with Celebrity Summit Sept 2012 (yes along way off but is will cost a bomb to get there!)

So wondered if any others from downunder have done cruises to this area.

The cruise we are looking at is 14 days New York to Quebec return. Has 5 sea days so there is time to relax a bit. Do enjoy the sea days as I find port after port can be exhausting and I want to enjoy the cruising bit??

Cruise with Celebrity Summit Sept 2012 (yes along way off but is will cost a bomb to get there!)

So wondered if any others from downunder have done cruises to this area.

The cruise we are looking at is 14 days New York to Quebec return. Has 5 sea days so there is time to relax a bit. Do enjoy the sea days as I find port after port can be exhausting and I want to enjoy the cruising bit??

G'day.

After a lot of looking, we ended up deciding that NCL out of Boston in Oct 2012 was the best deal we could come up with.. Different ports on the return journey, and is currently a very good price.. We booked when itinerary first announced early March...

FriOct5Boston, MA 5:00pmSatOct6Portland, ME 7:00am3:00pmSunOct7Halifax, NS, Canada 9:00am6:00pmMonOct8At SeaTueOct9Charlottetown, PE, Canada 8:00am5:00pmWedOct10Gaspe, QC, Canada 8:00am4:00pmThuOct11La Baie, Canada11:00am7:00pmFriOct12Quebec City, QC, Canada 8:00am8:00pmSatOct13At SeaSunOct14Corner Brook, NL, Canada 8:00am6:00pmMonOct15Sydney, NS, Canada 8:00am5:00pmTueOct16Halifax, NS, Canada 8:00am5:00pmWedOct17Saint John, NB, Canada 10:00am7:00pmThuOct18Bar Harbor, ME 8:00am5:00pmFriOct19Boston, MA 8:00am

Phil

Hi Margo - we (4 couples) are travelling to the US in Oct of this year. We have booked a 7 day NE USE / Canada cruise on Princess and then we'll be doing a 10 day repositioning cruise down to Fort Lauderdale. We booked it 12 months out via a US TA and got a great price. With regard to airfare - we all got great deals. We are travelling from Brisbane on Qantas and got a premium economy seat for the price of economy. Our other friends who are travelling from Sydney got great prices on Virgin with almost the same deal. If you decide to book, just keep an eye on specials we both got the specials in Jan / Feb to travel in October. We are doing a couple of weeks independant travel to Washington, Niagara Falls and New York prior to the cruises (cruises are back to back - so no changing cabins / ships). Make sure you do your research, cheapest price is not always the best.

G'day.

After a lot of looking, we ended up deciding that NCL out of Boston in Oct 2012 was the best deal we could come up with.. Different ports on the return journey, and is currently a very good price.. We booked when itinerary first announced early March...

FriOct5Boston, MA5:00pm

SatOct6Portland, ME7:00am3:00pm

SunOct7Halifax, NS, Canada9:00am6:00pm

MonOct8At Sea

TueOct9Charlottetown, PE, Canada8:00am5:00pm

WedOct10Gaspe, QC, Canada8:00am4:00pm

ThuOct11La Baie, Canada11:00am7:00pm

FriOct12Quebec City, QC, Canada8:00am8:00pm

SatOct13At Sea

SunOct14Corner Brook, NL, Canada8:00am6:00pm

MonOct15Sydney, NS, Canada8:00am5:00pm

TueOct16Halifax, NS, Canada8:00am5:00pm

WedOct17Saint John, NB, Canada10:00am7:00pm

ThuOct18Bar Harbor, ME8:00am5:00pm

FriOct19Boston, MA8:00am

Phil

Thanks Phil. Have looked at NCL but wanted to sail out of New York. And I know the fall colours would be good then, I would rather it was a little warmer!

Plus your cruise is in NZ School Holidays, which I need to avoid as my director is heading to Raro then. With only 3 of us in the company only one can be on leave at a time!!!

Bizziecruiser - your trip sounds great, quite a nice long break! Not sure I could take quite so long off work. The thought of a temp stuffing it all up makes me cringe!

Airfares - to far out to get prices, but may need to look at other stop overs - Vancouver was suggested. DH is not keen on doing Auck to New York in one go!!

Will certainly being doing a lot of research, and any tips from you after you get back would be appreciated.

Thanks Phil. Have looked at NCL but wanted to sail out of New York. And I know the fall colours would be good then, I would rather it was a little warmer!

Plus your cruise is in NZ School Holidays, which I need to avoid as my director is heading to Raro then. With only 3 of us in the company only one can be on leave at a time!!!

Bizziecruiser - your trip sounds great, quite a nice long break! Not sure I could take quite so long off work. The thought of a temp stuffing it all up makes me cringe!

Airfares - to far out to get prices, but may need to look at other stop overs - Vancouver was suggested. DH is not keen on doing Auck to New York in one go!!

Will certainly being doing a lot of research, and any tips from you after you get back would be appreciated.

If you fly to Vancouver, or San Francisco you could take the Amtrack train to NEW YORK- great way to see the country

Went on Eurodam in 2009 from New York to Quebec, leaving mid September. It was extremely hot in NY and we were too early for autumn leaves on almost all the cruise. We did get beautiful weather but some of the ports would have been fairly ordinary without the nice weather. We picked up a car in Quebec and spent ten or twelve nights touring Quebec Province, Ottawa Toronto and Algonquin Park. Only at the end did we see the expanses of colours. Actually our favourite place was Ottawa, which was part of the driving part, not the cruise.

We enjoyed it all but wouldn't do it again.

Archived