Best of British

Just got a brochure in the mail today aimed at the NZ market, advertising the British ships coming down or through our way next season. Interesting to note that it is from P&O Cruises , and Cunard.

First time I have seen the two lines combined in the one brochure.

Also interesting to note that the prices are all in NZ dollars and the fine print states that they have both set aside cabins at the discounted brochure price and once these have sold they will revert to normal price.

I realise they are both under the Carnival umbrella, but perhaps its an indication of things to come down here?

If P&O and Cunard are combining marketing, will Carnival (as in P&O Australia)and Princess do the same for our market?

Just got a brochure in the mail today aimed at the NZ market, advertising the British ships coming down or through our way next season. Interesting to note that it is from P&O Cruises , and Cunard.

First time I have seen the two lines combined in the one brochure.

Also interesting to note that the prices are all in NZ dollars and the fine print states that they have both set aside cabins at the discounted brochure price and once these have sold they will revert to normal price.

I realise they are both under the Carnival umbrella, but perhaps its an indication of things to come down here?

If P&O and Cunard are combining marketing, will Carnival (as in P&O Australia)and Princess do the same for our market?

As I said before in another thread about P&OAustralia and Princess merge, yes it could all come true with so many cruise lines sending there cruise ship down to Australia and NZ, I do think we will see alot of discounts coming from all the cruise line that will be based in Australia and NZ over the next 12-24 months. all the better for us I would say.

David

We also got that brochure - probably sent to those who have recently cruised on P&O and/or Cunard?? I can understand the joint marketing. It was obvious to me that the stopover visits of the P&O UK (Oriana and Arcadfia) AND Cunard (QM2 and QE) ships here on their "Round the World cruises" were very popular with Aussies. Around 800 got on to Oriana , most going to Singapore /Hong Kong with over 300 continuing to UK - and , as you know, there were around 1500 Aussies on QM2 all the way from Capetown , continuing through to various parts of Asia. In other words, the market has spoken to P&O UK and Cunard!!! :D It is also obvious that Aussies regard both P&O UK and Cunard as "British" - so what better way to market these two lines together - the market will accept this form of marketing and it is efficient :)

Barry

David

We also got that brochure - probably sent to those who have recently cruised on P&O and/or Cunard?? I can understand the joint marketing. It was obvious to me that the stopover visits of the P&O UK (Oriana and Arcadfia) AND Cunard (QM2 and QE) ships here on their "Round the World cruises" were very popular with Aussies. Around 800 got on to Oriana , most going to Singapore /Hong Kong with over 300 continuing to UK - and , as you know, there were around 1500 Aussies on QM2 all the way from Capetown , continuing through to various parts of Asia. In other words, the market has spoken to P&O UK and Cunard!!! :D It is also obvious that Aussies regard both P&O UK and Cunard as "British" - so what better way to market these two lines together - the market will accept this form of marketing and it is efficient :)

Barry

Ditto here Barry - we got our brochure in yesterday's mail.

Some good cruises around at fair prices.

Strangely, in their wandering around the SE Asia area QE gives Rabaul a miss and opts for Kota Kinibalu - but QM2 does Rabaul.

I like the Sydney- Singapore leg of QE [predictably :o;)] and would like to see a price for Brisvegas-Singapore as it passes through there en route.

Plus they are selling a Brisvegas-Hongkong leg on the same voyage so I assume Brisvegas-Singapore will come on line later as it does with the P&O world cruises.

They must be really serious if they've produced separate NZ & Oz brochures.

Some exciting times ahead.:):)

They are nice cruises, and good segments.

If its like other years , as it gets closer to sailing, they sometimes open up shorter segments ... once they know how much space they have.

Worth researching now , and keeping an eye out for any specials or shorter segments that may come up.:)

Archived