To all the P&O haters...

There are more links here Barry..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1415527

Its interesting to note that new ships break down , just the same as the old ones. Although it does seem that when the new ones break down its a real "doozy" eg the Carnival Splendor, recently that lost power and also had to be towed home.:eek:

Those English people certainly stand up for themselves when they are not getting what they pay for don't they?

Mind you I doubt they would have got on the Pacific Sun, they would have laughed at it.

Good on them for not putting up with it, seems like mutiny is the only way.

Paul

I agree a good mutiny can normally sort a bad situation out on the open seas :D..at least they got free booze..

I do feel in mutiny terms they didn't go far enough..normally the Captain is set adrift in an open sail boat with a fishing rod and a compass..I wonder if the mutiny followed up on a pirate night they had??

I agree a good mutiny can normally sort a bad situation out on the open seas :D..at least they got free booze..

I do feel in mutiny terms they didn't go far enough..normally the Captain is set adrift in an open sail boat with a fishing rod and a compass..I wonder if the mutiny followed up on a pirate night they had??

LOL:p

Yes, very weak, a pale imitation of what their ancestors were capable of.:D

I suppose free drinks wasn't bad. I bet those canny staff were trying to take their passengers' minds off the never ending diet of rolls though.

well, not quite never ending. I gather the ship only broke down on about day 7 of the 10 day cruise, but still bad enough. I could cope with rolls but no working toilet for 3 days.:mad: Not sure I would appreciate that!!

To all the P&O haters...

you know the ones. Those who decry P&O ships because they are old and break down all the time -Bazza

(I just realised I don't know how to do a double quote. I will have to work on it.)

Bazza, you obviously don't read the Herald sun or you would know that the Pacific Sun is (and I quote) a luxury cruise ship.

That is what was reported anyway, a while back, when the ship broke down. Passengers were outraged (no one is ever merely upset any more according to media, they are always outraged;)) when their luxury cruise ship developed a fault.

So there!:D

I just realised I don't know

how to do a double quote.

I will have to work on it.

To do a double quote, just click on the Multi Quote button, (the one with the asterix), then scroll down to the next post you want to quote and click the "quote " button .

Well - Pacific Sun IS a cruiseship - and whether it is a "luxury" one purely depends on the perspective taken by a viewer. I am certain that there are many Billions of people on this planet of ours who would definitely regard it as "luxurious".

Barry

I was always bemused by the description P&O gave to the likes of Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel etc,

'Our NEW SUPERLINER has arrived!' Uh ? New? Superliner?

Come on, how about, rebirthed cruise ship?

Stand by for incoming from P&O fans. LOL.

There are more links here Barry..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1415527

Its interesting to note that new ships break down , just the same as the old ones. Although it does seem that when the new ones break down its a real "doozy" eg the Carnival Splendor, recently that lost power and also had to be towed home.:eek:

And remember last year the Dawn Princess broke down three times whilst on her world cruise, drifting in the Gulf of Aden of all places.

Jilly:rolleyes:

Superliner, hmm. Bit of a misnomer, cause ocean liners don't really exist anymore [with the possible exception of Cunard ships].

Superliner sounds like something you'd use to soak up "blue liquids", huck huck.

Superliner, hmm. Bit of a misnomer, cause

ocean liners don't really exist anymore [with the possible exception of Cunard ships].

Superliner sounds like something you'd use to soak up "blue liquids", huck huck.

Make that 1 Cunard ship. QM2 is an Ocean Liner, the other 2 are cruise ships.

I was always bemused by the description P&O gave to the likes of Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel etc,

'Our NEW SUPERLINER has arrived!' Uh ? New? Superliner?

Come on, how about, rebirthed cruise ship?

They mean NEW to AUSTRALIA and as has OFTEN been said on these boards, a superliner is ONLY a ship over a certain size.

Stand by for incoming from P&O fans. LOL.

You been taking lessons from Sludger?????? :D:D:D

They mean NEW to AUSTRALIA and as has OFTEN been said on these boards, a superliner is ONLY a ship over a certain size.

You been taking lessons from Sludger?????? :D:D:D

Why don't you give yourself a little break and have a little lay down, it might stop you thinking of me constantly.

Sludge

Why don't you give yourself a little break and have a little lay down, it might stop you thinking of me constantly.

Sludge

Bwahahah! Can't help yourself, can you?????? Anyway, don't flatter yourself. :D I'm just trying to prevent newbies and overseas visitors from getting the wrong advice here, eg the native animal fiasco.

Now, why don't you take your own advice - have a couple of beers and watch the footy. :) I'm going to listen to some good music and have a nice glass of vino. Have a nice night, now. ;)

Make that 1 Cunard ship. QM2 is an Ocean Liner, the other 2 are cruise ships.

Yay, David. Unlike the floating holiday resorts - which, I hasten to say before I get slammed again, sob, sob, - is quite OK if that's what you like. :) I just do love the old-style liners where you actually feel you are on a ship - with loads of open deck space at the back and on the Promenade deck.

A superliner is an ocean liner of over 10,000 gross tons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superliner_(passenger_ship)

An ocean liner is a ship designed to transport people from one seaport to another along regular long-distance maritime routes according to a schedule. Liners may also carry cargo or mail, and may sometimes be used for other purposes (e.g., for pleasure cruises or as troopships).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_liner

A cruise ship or cruise liner is a passenger ship used for pleasure voyages, where the voyage itself and the ship's amenities are part of the experience, as well as the different destinations along the way. Transportation is not the prime purpose, as cruise ships operate mostly on routes that return passengers to their originating port, so the ports of call are usually in a specified region of a continent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_ship

A cruise ship or cruise liner is a passenger ship used for pleasure voyages, where the voyage itself and the ship's amenities are part of the experience, as well as the different destinations along the way. Transportation is not the prime purpose, as cruise ships operate mostly on routes that return passengers to their originating port, so the ports of call are usually in a specified region of a continent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_ship

Nice Thied :D...couple questions whats the differance between point 3 and 4 they look the same to me??..because I just cant pick which one I wish to go on :).

Secondly can Wikipedia always be believed?? :eek:..I've heard sometimes not!

Nice Thied :D...couple questions whats the differance between point 3 and 4 they look the same to me??..because I just cant pick which one I wish to go on :).

Secondly can Wikipedia always be believed?? :eek:..I've heard sometimes not!

nothing at all and that is the difference between the ships, at the end of the day any cruise ship or liner over 10000 ton's is a super liner.

Archived