Searching for crewmembers Sitmar's FAIRSEA 1964

Hello, I live in The Netherlands, Amsterdam and I'm searching for (Italian?) crewmembers who worked on Sitmar's FAIRSEA in or about 1964. The ship was especially for migrants who travelled from Wellington, New Zealand, Australia via Naples to Southampton at that time. Does anybody know where I can find information about Sitmar crewmembers, (or a crewmember list), who worked at the FAIRSEA in summer 1964? It is very important for me. Thanks for your information! :)

Your message is looking so lonely, I had to try some sort of answer. It's not much, but I was on the Fairstar in '73, and the only people I remember who had enough seniority to have been on Fairsea in '64 were the chief purser and his deputy, name of Pelle and Pastorini. Another possible candidate was named Palomba. Sorry, but that's all I can remember.

• 4 years later...

I came across your post in my search for a crew member....Some of the Fairsea crew also worked on other Sitmar ships, have found this site, it has a crew list :).

http://www.tssfairstar.com

hope this helps...:)

Hello, I live in The Netherlands, Amsterdam and I'm searching for (Italian?) crewmembers who worked on Sitmar's FAIRSEA in or about 1964. The ship was especially for migrants who travelled from Wellington, New Zealand, Australia via Naples to Southampton at that time. Does anybody know where I can find information about Sitmar crewmembers, (or a crewmember list), who worked at the FAIRSEA in summer 1964? It is very important for me. Thanks for your information! :)

• 2 months later...

I travelled on Fairsea from Melbourne to Southampton during September / October 1963 and have the passenger list booklet which also lists important staff:

Master: Ferruccio Rocconi

Chief Officer: Franco Dagnino

Chief Engineer: Mario Agrenzano

Staff Engineer: Rosario Caravella

Chief Purser: Helmar Seeman

Chief Surgeon: Angelo Mazzardis

Chief Steward: Giusto Mersini

Chef de Cuisine: Antonio Bernardini

Chief Dining Room Steward: Giorgio Cacace

Chief Cabin Steward: Renato Colotto

I hope this is of interest :)

• 6 months later...
Hello,

I have been a Purser for 27 years and in 1964 I was Third Purser on M/v FAIRSEA of Sitmar Lines.

Regards

Giorgio Pastorini

I was a frequent cruzer in 74-80 or so.. My good friend 1st Purser , Michele Freschetti..and other officers.. Capt Potenzoni, the Grande one with the big smile..and others.. I only cruzed Fairwind....I still have such a love for that ship..The Higgins, Ron and Jade, from LA, Cal..were good friends of mine as well..their children cut their teeth on Sitmar..My favourite CD was Alan Kent, then there was King Morton, EEE, Everitt Everitt Everitt, and others. Haveing a dinner cocktail in Moby dick was the best..and the Lampadinas..."maravilliosa"!!! do you remember the recipe for them???...the best place for a clandestine meeting was the Gym, in the smoke stack housing! I have sailed (in April '08)with Roger Blum..and we talked of old times..35 or so years ago..Gerry Cahill was also on board and we met. Mr Tringale is in Miami as well, with Roger, for Carnival. I still have my Circolo things to remeber the good times....Ciao...Seniorita Lucky

Edited by luckycruzer

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

I have been a Purser for 27 years and in 1964 I was Third Purser on M/v FAIRSEA of Sitmar Lines.

Regards

Giorgio Pastorini

Giorgio

Hoping you may be able to help me......I am trying to find out who the Chief Purser on FAIRSEA was in 1966/67? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

• 3 months later...

Thanks everyone for the answers! I almost forgot about my own post here on this message board almost 5½ years ago. I will check out the names and do more research about the crew members on the Fairsea in 1964.

• 2 months later...

Hi...Hope I can help.

I was a passenger on the Fairsea from Auckland to Southampton Sept/Oct 1965.

The crew list then were..

Captain....MASTER........Avolio MATARESE

Staff Captain...............Rodolfo Potenzoni

Chief Engineer..............Agar Micheli

Staff Engineer..............Matteo Procida

Chief Purser.................Nicomede Celsi

Deputy Purser..............Angelo Ghiggini

Chief Surgeon..............Bonifacio Oricchio

Chief Steward..............Guiseppe Landi

Chief De Cuisine............Edilio Rossi

Chief D/Room Steward...Franco Rossini

Chief Cabin Steward......Felice Dussol

Orchestras..................Bastoni's Quintet & Merlinis Trio

Our table waiter's name was Antonio Cuccaio.. a real nice bloke! I often wonder what happened to him. He always used to say at breakfast "do you want any more torst" (toast). To this day I ask my wife in the morning if she wants any more torst!! :)

This was a great trip. The smoothest ever according to the Captain.

We crossed the equator 20 Sept 1965

Thanks very much mikejg! I will try to contact some of the crew members if there is more information (photo's for instance) available from the Fairsea in the years around 1964.. Anyone who has some more info, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was hoping someone may still have a passenger list booklet for the Fairsea for 1962,1963 or 1964? Im looking for a passanger called Benito di Pietro who came to the Southampton from Naples around these dates? If anyone could help that would be great.:)

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone

This is the only place on the net Ive seen formation about those who worked on the Fairsea,

Does anyone know wherthjer htere weas an Antonio Rossi who worked on the Fairsea for in July 1965 (Australia to Southampton). I would like to get in touch with him

Many thanks

Carolyn

Hi everyone

This is the only place on the net Ive seen formation about those who worked on the Fairsea,

Does anyone know wherthjer htere weas an Antonio Rossi who worked on the Fairsea for in July 1965 (Australia to Southampton). I would like to get in touch with him

Many thanks

Carolyn

he had died..but some one know him. Also, I have a wonderful touching story that derived from a ship, who I knew, and it led to a most interesting end....email me daaling 456 at yahoo dot com

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Regards

Giorgio Pastorini

Hi Giorgio, my father worked on the Fairsea in 1964 as a barman. His name is Stelio Pecunia. Do you remember him?

Regards from Italy

• 2 years later...

Hi there

Looking for anyone who may know of the crew list on the fair sea 1960, leaving melbourne for Southampton 13/3/60

Would really appreciate some help...looking for an Italian crew member who was possibly called guido......

Need help with some research......only.....

Many thanks

Leonie

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Marcellus did you ever find the information you needed? Colin were you looking for someone in particular? LPA, I will ask someone for you.

I am still searching but hope with help it will be resolved in the not too distant future

Best wishes

Carolyn

• 6 months later...
On 2/26/2005 at 8:46 AM, Marcellus said:

Hello Marcellous I to am looking for Italian crew members from an earlier voyage in 1961 I believe my father who I have never met was a crew member of Italian decent who worked on either the Fairstar or Fairsky how did you go in your search, any help from you would be appreciated in my search for crew members, I know this post was a long time ago thought I’d give it a try

• Like 1

Hi Whooshgo, Im in a similar situation to you. My Italian father worked on the Fairsea in 1964, my search is now via DNA. Have you taken a DNA test? Do you know your father's name? there is a good FB site called Sitmar Cruises, where people reminisce about the old days on the boats and there are some good pictures of the boat, staff and travellers, best wishes Carolyn