Carnival treats Australian and NZ defence personnel

From today's Cruise Weekly

Carnival treats Australian and NZ defence personnel

Men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces are set to have a little more onboard cruise cash following the launch of a new initiative from Carnival Australia.

Designed to pay tribute to members of the armed forces, under the scheme all current, discharged and retired members of the Australian and NZ Defence Forces (including the Royal Australian Navy, AirForce and Army) will be given onboard

credit of up to $250 when booking a cruise with P&O Cruises Australia, Princess Cruises or Cunard (represented in Australia by Carnival).

“We think it’s a great way of acknowledging the men and women who give so much for their countries,” said Carnival Australia Senior Vice President Jenny Lourey.

Current and ex-service personnel who wish to take advantage of the free credit simply need to provide documentation

demonstrating their service in either the Australian or New Zealand Defence

Forces at the time of booking.

If it is anything like the program in the US you should be good to go. They will want copies of current id or discharge papers. I would contact my TA ASAP never to soon to get a good deal, who knew there was a cruise deal at the end of the enlistment (other than a long ride home from somewhere you never wanted to be)

I think that is great.:o. I don't think that our military personnel get anywhere near the privileges they deserve. These men and women give up so much for their country that they deserve anything they get.

• 3 weeks later...

About time, American service people having been getting military discounts for years. I wonder if the Military OBC will be able to be tacked onto the OBC we get on FCC letters?

We have two upcoming cruises on Princess, Ruby/Coral, going to fax my Army discharge papers, right now!

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by NSWP

• 3 weeks later...
Hi - can anyone advise a fax or email address to send the details to? Thanks in advance or any assistance.

Hi, the email address is:

defencebenefits@carnivalaustralia.com

We just emailed as many details as we could and we have received $100 & $250 OBC. This is in addition to all other OBC offered:)

Cheryle

We have a 7 day and a 10 day cruise booked. Does anyone know how much OBC is applicable? Thanks in advance.

For a 9 day cruise my husband received a $100 OBC and for an 18 day cruise he received a $250 OBC! Hope this information helps!

For a 9 day cruise my husband received a $100 OBC and for an 18 day cruise he received a $250 OBC! Hope this information helps!

thanks for the email address and also the info on how much your recieved - that's a great amount - hopefully I'm lucky too.

Do you know if they keep the info on record - or do you have to provide the info each time you cruise?

You will love the Diamond - it's a great ship.:)

thanks for the email address and also the info on how much your recieved - that's a great amount - hopefully I'm lucky too.

Do you know if they keep the info on record - or do you have to provide the info each time you cruise?

You will love the Diamond - it's a great ship.

I am not sure whether they keep the information. I have sent the information each time I have applied. Once for the Pearl and once for the Diamond Princess. I just kept the documents saved and sent the request. With the Princess cruise I received an email back within a couple of house, but with P&O it took a couple of days. Either way, we are very happy!!:)

Having only every cruise Royal Carribean, these OBC's certainly make a nice change. We just hope the cruises and experiences are also good!!

About time, American service people having been getting military discounts for years. I wonder if the Military OBC will be able to be tacked onto the OBC we get on FCC letters?

We have two upcoming cruises on Princess, Ruby/Coral, going to fax my Army discharge papers, right now!

Thanks for the heads up!

Les - did you have any luck with receiving the OBC for your booked cruises? Also if you're happy to share - how much did you receiving and how long are your cruises? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - I applied to Princess Australia with all the necessary documentation to request an OBC for my service in the Army. (Copy of Discharge Certificate in my maiden name, copy of marriage certificate to another name and then copy of marriage certificate showing my current name in which booking has been made.) I had made my booking via a US TA (Saving over $2000.!) I was not surprised when I received a reply from Princess Australia advising that as I had booked with Princess US - they could not provide me with an OBC as they couldn't access my booking. However they did recommend that I contact Princess US and provided me with their email address to see if they would / could honour the OBC. Much to my surprise I recieved an email today advising that I would receive $100 for a 7 day cruise and another $100 for a 10 day cruise. I really thought that I would not receive anything - so this was an even better surprise. Also for those who have booked through a US TA and are concerned about not being allowed to board - well they acknowledged that I had booked through the US and there was nothing else said. Once again - Thanks Princess

Les - did you have any luck with receiving the OBC for your booked cruises? Also if you're happy to share - how much did you receiving and how long are your cruises? Thanks in advance.

BizzieCruiser..sorry for delay..got promised OBC of $250 for 30 day Ruby Princess Cruise and $100 for 14 day Coral Princess cruise. That is in addition to our OBC via Future Cruise Sales Letters. Which are about the same.

• 6 months later...
Hi all - I applied to Princess Australia with all the necessary documentation to request an OBC for my service in the Army. (Copy of Discharge Certificate in my maiden name, copy of marriage certificate to another name and then copy of marriage certificate showing my current name in which booking has been made.) I had made my booking via a US TA (Saving over $2000.!) I was not surprised when I received a reply from Princess Australia advising that as I had booked with Princess US - they could not provide me with an OBC as they couldn't access my booking. However they did recommend that I contact Princess US and provided me with their email address to see if they would / could honour the OBC. Much to my surprise I recieved an email today advising that I would receive $100 for a 7 day cruise and another $100 for a 10 day cruise. I really thought that I would not receive anything - so this was an even better surprise. Also for those who have booked through a US TA and are concerned about not being allowed to board - well they acknowledged that I had booked through the US and there was nothing else said. Once again - Thanks Princess

Hi All - I have am about to go on a cruise with Princess Aust and I contacted them to check re the OBC status. Princess Aust had NOTHING on record for me regarding Military OBC and advised that I should resubmit and that each time I cruised I would have to reconfirm by resupplying paperwork. However, from what I have read on this board is that for US cruisers it remains on their Princess file and they do not have to resubmit each time they cruise. So for anyone who's eligible and cruising in the future make sure you resubmit the info to Princess Aust.

Barry,

On our cruise with Princess last November, a friend on the cruise heard about the OBC and wento to see the Captain's Circle Hostess. He rang a family member who faxed his papers to the ship and he got the OBC added to his account.

Dennis

Good on you!!!

I have been in touch with Carnival and it looks like I will also qualify.

This below is something that they have said in their email to me - I am going to attempt to clarify what they mean and what the practical effect of it is Effective immediately, all requests for defence benefits must be confirmed prior to passengers boarding cruise. Onboard staff will not be able to add the OBC. Sounds a bit strange to me as they previously had said that all documentation had to be with them 2 weeks before the cruise.

Barry