Europe price drop Royal Carribean

Hi All,

We are flying to Rome to cruise the Western Med on Mariner of the seas.

There has just been a massive price drop (Nearly $1000) on our cruise and it is still a week till final payment but our TA says they have contacted RC and we are not entitled to a price drop because the cruise price is locked in at booking time (TA advised we had to pay the full price of the cruise when we booked it). I was wondering if Aussies are entitled to the same price drops as you see many others on this board saying they have had.

This is our first cruise so I am not sure what to do next other than put it behind us and enjoy our holiday.

That's abnormal that you had to pay the full amount prior to final payment.

However, once that happens it is more difficult to get adjustments as you are seeing. I'd first off be comfortable of the reason that your TA required full payment at the time e.g. did you get some special offer not available through other TAs/RCCL? I suggest that the only thing you may be able to achieve is to get an OBC or an upgrade if higher grades have come down to the price you paid. Officially, you can get the price drops up to 150days out, when you can no longer cancel without losing your deposit.

we didn't get a special deal we paid full price for the cruise with no perks.

I have written to Royal Carribean with the general question. I don't think the TA understood that it was possible to ask for an upgrade or anything like that. I'm going to follow it up in the morning and see what happens but I'm not holding out much hope because the prices have all gone back up to where they were. :(

Archived