Romantic Ideas?

Crew32

I will be on Sovereign next month for a 3 night cruise (Nassau, Coco Cay). I have been before (as a kid), but my GF has never been on a cruise. To be honest she wasn't thrilled about it. She is starting to get a little interested, but I am still afraid she isn't really into it. I booked a 3 night cruise only so that we'd be in 2 ports with no at sea days, hoping to ease her in gently.

Question: Does any one have any ideas about something special and romantic that I could do for her. I have thought about the room decorations, however, since she can read about them in our cruise info, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise. Have tried another area of the boards looking for a sunset cruise in Nassau, but all websites say only Wednesdays and Fridays, unless it is a larger group. I am already making a "Cruise" CD to listen to on the drive to the port hoping to get her in the cruising mood that way. So if anyone has any info on a romantic sunset thing to do in Nassau, and/or a memorable romantic things to do for her onboard, I would love to hear it.

Note: although many women say it but don't mean it.. my GF really does mean it when she says she doesn't want me to spend a lot of money on this trip.... so a diamond braclet or a night at Atlantis isn't something she would want!

Thank you in advance.

Cool thanks for the info.. although RCCI has terrible customer service in that department. I sent them an email asking some questions about what i saw on their website, and asking about prices, beacsue there is a huge difference between website prices and the ones in my cruise docs that I received last week! their only reply was look at the website. the website didn't answer my specific questions, but they woud have known that if they had truely read my email. so much for customer service.

Pack a little picnic (doesn't have to be much, pre-pack it before your trip, take a bottle of wine off the ship... (shhh...) or gather some things in the buffet) and in CocoCay if you keep following the path around, you come to a long beach where there is usually NOONE (we've been there twice and only seen about 2 or 3 other people. Sit on this private little beach and eat your picnic.

We had a picture of us taken laying in a hammock in CocoCay. We printed out the picture on our wedding invites (we had a tropical themed wedding).

In Nassau, take her to the straw market and buy her something you notice makes her eyes light up, even if it's a little anklet or a straw jewlery box.

- pop the question by going in ahead of time, giving a vendor American bill (like a $20), tell them there's more coming when all goes well. Have them pre-make a little straw box (they have them all over the place) with her name on it. Get GF and really "argue" with the vendor about the box and buy it. Of course, have a diamond ring hidden in the box for her to discover. If you're not ready to pop the question, just use another piece of jewelry. There's some PRETTY and afordable pearls in Nassau - my BF got me a set for $30 that I LOVE when we were there...

I wanted to do the sailaway sunset cruise, too - but it was cancelled, so don't rely on that.

OH HAVE FUN!

Crew32,

Not sure where you are on this "Romantic Idea" thing but here is a suggestion: start her a scrap book/photo album, add info on the cruise (preperations) print out this message board thread. She will love that you are going thru this for her, it will take your time, and you will have to give it thought. You can cut things out of a magazine, books, copy and paste off of internet, etc. Take lots of pictures and after you get back home, help her complete it. Invite friends over to view all of this. She will love all the attention you are giving her. I have been married for many years and still today I would love if my hubbby did this for me. How cool will that be, she will always keep it and remember that you did it and it was your idea/message board idea hahah.

Happy Cruising....

• 1 year later...

Archived